X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
    i don't know details
    www.ach.gov.ru/bulletins/2007/arch1/10.rtf

The volume of the government financial support of manufacture of a movie of the "Svolochi", included in the specified plan of measures, made 47727,0 thousand roubles, including: 17530,0 thousand roubles - at the expense of means of the federal budget, 30197,0 thousand roubles - at the expense of off-budget sources.
    We have paid for this garbage almost two million dollars!
    "In case of war guys in dark blue berets will be thrown in a mouth to an aggressor on purpose to break off this mouth"
    Vasily Margelov the father-founder of the Soviet airborne troops

Comment

• Originally posted by SunCat View Post
      We have paid for this garbage almost two million dollars!
      money, stupidity and incompetence of the officials. Maybe it is money at first as representatives of the moviemakers pressure on the officials (or even givethem money) to force them to give state money to the moviemakers.

Comment

• Another good text about 9th company: www.redstar.ru/2005/10//11_10/1_02.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vitaly View Post
          Another good text about 9th company: www.redstar.ru/2005/10//11_10/1_02.html
          Well, for us who dont understand Russian, let alone the Cyrillic alphabet, it was a bit difficult going...

Any chanche of an english language version???
          "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by 17poundr View Post
            Well, for us who dont understand Russian, let alone the Cyrillic alphabet, it was a bit difficult going...

Any chanche of an english language version???
            Виталию и Солнечному Коту - Вы это заварили, вы и расхлебывайте. У меня нет времени сейчас переводить столько текста.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Andrey: Виталию и Солнечному Коту - Вы это заварили, вы и расхлебывайте. У меня нет времени сейчас переводить столько текста.
              I see... Even no time to write two sentences in English :-)

I actually aslo have no time - will attend conference next week, then write deliverables for the current project, etc, etc...

17poundr, maybe you can use some automatic translator like the google one? It will give a lot of stupid local translations but you will catch the general idea of a paper...

Comment

Виталию и Солнечному Коту - Вы это заварили, вы и расхлебывайте. У меня нет времени сейчас переводить столько текста.
                Translate:
                To Vitaly and SunCat - you have made it, and you must disentangle it. I do not have time to translate so much text.

If you will confirm your request I will try to translate this text for you
                http://oper.ru/torture/read.php?t=1045689085
                I think it will improve my english
                "In case of war guys in dark blue berets will be thrown in a mouth to an aggressor on purpose to break off this mouth"

Comment

• Originally posted by SunCat View Post
                  If you will confirm your request I will try to translate this text for you
                  I think it will improve my english
                  of course, translate it. what are you thinking about while you are providing a link on the text in Russian!!!

Comment

• Zort vasmi!!!

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                    I agree old chap, couldnt be more right... I thought that especially the " х/ф 9 рота
                    28.09.05 | версия для печати

Собственно про фильм", part couldnt have been more bang on! Thanks for the meaningful info!
                    Last edited by 17poundr; 29 Apr 08, 11:24.

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

of course, translate it. what are you thinking about while you are providing a link on the text in Russian!!!
                      I will try but now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Hill_3234
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tru...ut_9th_Company

English link

Comment

• My explanatories:

1. "Do not shoot at the pianist, he plays as is able" (c)
                        2. I have reduced a text part about a sound
                        3. Feci, quod potui, faciant meliora potentes...
                        4. I learn English language of only one year, I am opened for criticism and I will accept all your remarks
                        5. Can I make a separate theme?

The 9th company by D. Puchkov (also known as Goblin)

about author http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Puchkov

part One: about the movie

Recently I watched movie "The 9th company" - a new domestic blockbuster about war in Afghanistan by Feodor Bondarchuk.

I went on watching with a hard feeling. It is easy to present, that the author, working in style "asses turn", can shoot about a war. I was consoled as a fashionable clipmaker and a glamour leader of show "You are supermodel" Feodor Bondarchuk is also a son of great Soviet director Sergey Bondarchuk. Sergey Bondarchuk was be the director of the most serious films about war, such as "They fought for the Motherland" and "The destiny of a man".

The movies of the father told about uneasy destinies of the Soviet people protecting the Motherland. The movies bore a huge ideological charge. Now children do not understand, but these movies formed the Soviet people and made the Soviet soldiers such what they were. I do not explain, better you will watch. I thought: As, has the father brought up the good son?

It is no wonder, that Feodor Bondarchuk has decided to devote his director debut without exaggeration to the great father and Feodor has shot a movie about war too. A movie is not about Great Patriotic War because to fatherly films are difficult to add something and not about Chechen war, because this theme dangerous as all money has not divided. He has decided to shoot about Afghani war which owing to the ideological reasons for very few people is interesting.

The movie was made by western military movies standard: to call up for military service, to train, a first fight and so on. All we watch these at "Full metal jacket", "Platoon" and so forth, but this is a difference because the Bondarchuk's new movie tells about ostensibly real soldiers of the 9th company of 345 independent paraborne regiment, and this is telling about the period from the moment of call up for military service before fight for height 3234.

The movie is begins a perfectly. This have a good picture, and events are showed a practically full true. I very much liked a carefulness reconstruction of atmosphere of those years: recruits were dressed in "olimpic", soviet belongings, bags, personal things and even barracks were quite authentic. There is an interesting camerawork, actors try. It is so sentimental.

Relations between comrades in arms as though I appear at barrack again. Warrant officer educational receptions is an enough authentic. Brutality is a heat during an educational process. And, the most important thing, therein nobody moralizes on a theme «At us scoff here». Children are transformed at soldiers.

Almost the first of domestic directors Bondarchuk found time and watched mentioned above the hollywood movies: "Platoon" and «Full metal jacket» in a correct translation before shootings. The movie became much better from it. All the same, that a scenario line is made of bricks. All the same, that actor Porechenkov is much less picturesque, than present sergeant Hartman. All the same, that director Oliver Stone felt a situation a little bit more deeply and has found for heroes of words more precisely. At us on the given theme in practically anything is not present.

Actors are picked up not bad. Casting is not hard. Everywhere is same persons that at TV, that at cinema. Except Alexey Chadova, which is already perfectly proved his art at a movie "War". Arthur Smoljaninov and Ivan Kokorin did not bad act. Veterans Serebryakov, Lykov, Krasko and Govorukhin have not pumped up. And even Bondarchuk in a role Khohol has not caused tearing away.

Resolutely I did not understand: an attempt represented to show warrant officer Dygalo of the loony. It turned out extremely ugly and doubtfully. Military loonies do not squeal, they operate more, they beat. It looks not as a nervous attack, and it is terrible.

A sexual episode with the ***** by nickname "SnowWhite" amazed me. I recollected a movie "Turkish gambit" with its cave fags. But ***** "SnowWhite" is a female, so this time the theme about one and all paederasty in Russian army remained no saturation coverage. The director added a love theme by scene of group sex. Well, understanding what is love it's strictly individual. Director Bondarchuk understand a love so. It became clear, about a slogan «they wanted, that they was loved». I will notice: ****ing one animal by platoon, even in army, wanting persons is a little.

Second half of film made out of story bricks - about war. When the plane from Fergana started in Baghram I was surprised carefulness of preparation of makers of a movie. When outpost Anava was shown, I fell out of my chair. When I rose, I understood, the scenario was written by the person who served in an army. It has not influenced actions of the director about which I will tell later.

The movie budget does not come to an end with the beginning of war operations I have been surprised it. The budget does not come to an end to the end: all blows up and bangs. Special effects do not hurt the eyes, all on business and does not distract from an event on the screen.

The sound a just one technical complaint.

The movie "the 9th company" has as a result turned out quite good from the point of view technical. The movie is not worse the average Hollywood blockbuster, It is serious breakthrough. It is not «Saving Private Ryan» and not «Black hawk down».
                        But for domestic cinema it is the next achievement.

part two: About history and propaganda

to be continued...
                        It will be enough?

Comment

• Very good links! Thanks! Here is a link about the war in Chechnya, it's from the viewpoint of the Chechens so be prepared: http://freedocumentaries.org/film.php?id=121

If you wish to look at the whole list of war related documentarys, click here: http://freedocumentaries.org/index.php?ct=21

I promise that at least one of the documentaries there will interest you...

Comment

• here's a treat for Andrey. A new documentary on the Baltic actors in Soviet war films.

Comment

• Again... THANKYOU ANDREY!

Comment

• YouTube

I have been away from the forum for some time and hope I am not repeating what has already appeared here. I have tried using search to check but with little success...
                                There is a Russian Guy with a channel name of GalaBiR on Youtube who has uploaded a number of good russian films with English subtitles on YouTube. I am finding the whole range very good and helpful to my Russian Language learning. Amongst the films uploaded are "The Cuckoo" and "Around here the dawns are quiet". The films are in segments of about 10 minutes each but it is well worth a look if you haven't been able to get the DVDs.
                                I know it is off topic slightly but I have also viewed a Finnish film also with English subtitles: "The Winter War" about the Soviet - Finnish conflict. It is a newish film and though I can't judge its accuracy, it seems authentic and some of the combat sequences are up there with the beach assault in "Saving Private Ryan" for graphic portrayal of infantry combat and random death. It build slowly from initial mobilisation and deployment before the troops reach the front, but I thought it well worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X