Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be interested in seeing some of these Chinese movies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
      There are a few other good movies:
      - "Peregon" ("Tranzit")
      - "Svoi" ("Ours")
      - "Franz+Polina"
      Maybe...

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
      Chinese... As I know they have done one (1) movie which was the remake of the old Soviet movie.
      You are right!
      I think this is a best remake, like "Zvezda"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068161/ - the original movie
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1156472/ - the remake
      "In case of war guys in dark blue berets will be thrown in a mouth to an aggressor on purpose to break off this mouth"
      Vasily Margelov the father-founder of the Soviet airborne troops

Comment

• Originally Posted by Andrey: But commonly you are right. The quality of modern Russian movies about WWII is horrific (like the most of Hollywood movies).
        Yes, this is correct.. unfortunately:-( I would also add 'The Taurus Constellation' and 'Riorita' by Peter Todorovsky. Good movies INHO...

Comment

• Originally posted by Vitaly View Post
          Yes, this is correct.. unfortunately:-( I would also add 'The Taurus Constellation' and 'Riorita' by Peter Todorovsky. Good movies INHO...
          Yes.

'The Taurus Constellation' - is a very good movie

"Riorita" - I van't watch it so not comments.

Comment

• Re: Suncat

I own(3 disc special edition, by Twister) and I have seen the chinese remake of "AND DAWNS ARE QUIET UP HERE". It was okay, but by no margins outstanding. At lot of the scenes were just like in the original, I would say up to about 80% . The original version used a lot of black and white shoots for dramatical reasons, the chinese version is in color only.
            The battle scenes are to the point identical, only the drama part of the first half movie was extentent, adding more "face" to the female soldiers.
            How many of the new russian ww2 movies have you seen, to draw such a conclusion ?
            Anyway, I also like chinese historical theme movies like:
            "The Assembly" (2008)
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmIpofVmhhc
            or "The Battle for tai han mountain"
            Have you seen those ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Konzev View Post
              How many of the new russian ww2 movies have you seen, to draw such a conclusion ?
              I saw almost all
              I compared the Chinese remake to these films
              The Chinese remake is better
              Many new Russian films are created to dishonour my country and interest do not represent (IMHO)
              "In case of war guys in dark blue berets will be thrown in a mouth to an aggressor on purpose to break off this mouth"

Comment

• chinese remakes

Originally posted by SunCat View Post
                I saw almost all
                I compared the Chinese remake to these films
                The Chinese remake is better
                Many new Russian films are created to dishonour my country and interest do not represent (IMHO)
                Could you recomand some chinese remakes I havn't seen yet. I'm under the impression there must be quite a few.
                And please give me your thoughts on the "ASSEMBLY" trailer.
                I got this movie from china, and it is a really well done war-flick, with top notch fx and special effects.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunCat View Post
                  Totally agree.

I also recall 2 other good modern movies - "Polumgla" (if to remove the final part which is false) and mini-TV series "Echelon".

Comment

Many new Russian films are created to dishonour my country
                    Wow can you explain that? I understand some filmmakers make films that show shameful parts of a nation's past in order to teach people. However you seem to be talking about something different, as if Russian (in this case) directors were making propaganda against their own country.

Too bad, as others said Hollywood films mostly do not really honour what Western (and usually American) vets went through either.

Comment

• Originally posted by joea View Post
                      Wow can you explain that?

I try to explain, I will give three instances:

"Svolochi"
                      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460012/

"Shtrafbat"
                      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425715/

"9 rota"
                      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417397/

About "Svolochi":
                      In this movie showed a secret soviet saboteur school for homeless children (12-15 years old).
                      Children are taught kill and destroy. Then children attacked Nazi mountain fortress and most children was killed
                      Creators of this movie had declared: It's is a true story!
                      They told a lie. There are no archival documents confirming this lie

Really, Abwehr made such a school for preparation of saboteurs from the teenagers in July, 1943.
                      The School disposed in settlement Gemfurt near the city of Kassel (Germany).
                      According to archival materials, the Abwehr employees made recruitment of children who were on an occupied territory in orphanages in the cities of Orsha and Smolensk.

About "Shtrafbat":
                      It is a unscience fiction!
                      In this movie many historical mistakes and a flat out lie.
                      Creators of this movie did not use historical advisers.
                      A lie in this movie is a theme for a separate big article!

About "9 rota":
                      This like a situation with "Svolochi"
                      Creators of "9 rota" also had declared: It's is a true story! They told a lie too.

Lie story: the 9th company borrow height which should serve as the cover block at conducting of the Soviet column. The Afghani Mojaheds and the Pakistan mercenaries try to grasp height. After bombardment of height from mortars and recoilless guns, they go to attack, and, in full growth, in black clothes and turbans. In dramatic fight the Soviet commandoes reflect three attacks of the opponent, and in the end of a film in live there is only one fighter because headquarters forgets about the 9th company

Really,
                      the 9th company lost only six men when they defended a primary height. It was heroic combat!
                      the headquarters did not forgets about the 9th company: Because of remoteness of a position support provided with forces of aircraft and artillery. Fight proceeded all night long...

Mujaheddins were attack at the tenfold superiority in the number, they made twelve attacks from three directions, including - through a minefield. The enemy has approached on fifty metres, on separate sites - on ten. Fight proceeded till four mornings. All this time the artillery strong support which fire operated on a position spotter was carried out. During the critical moment when an ammunition was on an outcome, a reconnaissance platoon has appeared to the aid in time, straight off entered fight and outcome which has definitively turned it in favour of the Soviet commandoes. Result - hundreds mujaheddin corpses!
                      I can tell more in detail if you want

Originally posted by Konzev
                      And please give me your thoughts on the "ASSEMBLY" trailer.
                      I got this movie from china, and it is a really well done war-flick, with top notch fx and special effects.
                      I got this movie! I try to watch it on this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by joea View Post
                        Wow can you explain that? I understand some filmmakers make films that show shameful parts of a nation's past in order to teach people. However you seem to be talking about something different, as if Russian (in this case) directors were making propaganda against their own country.

Too bad, as others said Hollywood films mostly do not really honour what Western (and usually American) vets went through either.
                        money, low education level, stamps.

in the USSR any military movie had a serious military advicer (a militarymen with the rank of a colonel at least). Now everyone can make what he wants without any official competent advicers.

Military movies are popular now so many uneducated idiots began to make military movies. Their task is one - money. The most of moviemakers didn't serve in army so they haven't got any serious knowledge about army. Or they served in army as ordinary soldiers in their youth and it was in 70th-80th-90th. They had no historical education and use internet or images and stamps from other movies. Idiotic stamps create their copies in other movies.

In some cases they think about play of actors in local scenes and suppose that the historical high level background is not important.

Also foreign money are important. "Leningrad" is a good example. It is FULL of nonsence. A few famous foreign actors played in it. Foreign money... For example, it showed the first column of trucks with food for been blockaded Leningrad that would go through ice of the Ladoga Lake. And the camera showed a box with food where the following inscription was - "Made in Oregon" (or something like Oregon, I don't remember the exact name of the state of the US in the inscription). It was done for Western public (or for Western sponsors)!!! I doubt in November 1941 the food that was sent in the first column to Leningrad was American. I even doubt the Americans sent food to the USSR in November, 1941.

Those idiots think only about money and don't understand that they lie to the whole nation and to the whole World.

Comment

• I have recalled one more good modern Russian movie about WWII - "In August 1944"

Comment

I try to explain, I will give three instances:

"Svolochi"
                            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460012/

"Shtrafbat"
                            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425715/

"9 rota"
                            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417397/

About "Svolochi":
                            In this movie showed a secret soviet saboteur school for homeless children (12-15 years old).
                            Children are taught kill and destroy. Then children attacked Nazi mountain fortress and most children was killed
                            Creators of this movie had declared: It's is a true story!
                            They told a lie. There are no archival documents confirming this lie

Really, Abwehr made such a school for preparation of saboteurs from the teenagers in July, 1943.
                            The School disposed in settlement Gemfurt near the city of Kassel (Germany).
                            According to archival materials, the Abwehr employees made recruitment of children who were on an occupied territory in orphanages in the cities of Orsha and Smolensk.

About "Shtrafbat":
                            It is a unscience fiction!
                            In this movie many historical mistakes and a flat out lie.
                            Creators of this movie did not use historical advisers.
                            A lie in this movie is a theme for a separate big article!

About "9 rota":
                            This like a situation with "Svolochi"
                            Creators of "9 rota" also had declared: It's is a true story! They told a lie too.

Lie story: the 9th company borrow height which should serve as the cover block at conducting of the Soviet column. The Afghani Mojaheds and the Pakistan mercenaries try to grasp height. After bombardment of height from mortars and recoilless guns, they go to attack, and, in full growth, in black clothes and turbans. In dramatic fight the Soviet commandoes reflect three attacks of the opponent, and in the end of a film in live there is only one fighter because headquarters forgets about the 9th company

Really,
                            the 9th company lost only six men when they defended a primary height. It was heroic combat!
                            the headquarters did not forgets about the 9th company: Because of remoteness of a position support provided with forces of aircraft and artillery. Fight proceeded all night long...
                            I agree about 'Svolochi' and 'shtrafbat'.

"9 company" is based on real facts but the final scene differ from reality because the moviemakers repeated the stamp about fools-commanders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                              "9 company" is based on real facts but the final scene differ from reality because the moviemakers repeated the stamp about fools-commanders.
                              I think you will change your opinion after it:
                              http://desantura.ru/forums/index.php?showtopic=5557
                              http://oper.ru/torture/read.php?t=1045689085
                              http://www.russ.nago.ru/modules.php?...rticle&sid=373
                              and
                              http://oper.ru/torture/read.php?t=1045689086

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                              money, low education level, stamps.
                              Do you know these movies made by Russia Goverment money?

Comment

• it's a long talking.

Do you know these movies made by Russia Goverment money?
                                i don't know details

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X