Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soviet/Russian military movies

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yeap, looks like you're pretty much well rounded in Russian WW2 cinema! Now you can just pick diamonds out of the rough.

    Have you seen "The White Desert Sun" (Белое Солнце Пустыни)? They didn't have it on that site, but it's a huge civil war themed classic. I don't know if there is a subtitled release of it, the DVD I have doesn't even have a Russian subtitle option unfortunately.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
      Yeap, looks like you're pretty much well rounded in Russian WW2 cinema! Now you can just pick diamonds out of the rough.

      Have you seen "The White Desert Sun" (Белое Солнце Пустыни)? They didn't have it on that site, but it's a huge civil war themed classic. I don't know if there is a subtitled release of it, the DVD I have doesn't even have a Russian subtitle option unfortunately.
      Look this about "The White Sun of [email protected]
      http://www.ruscico.com/dvd.php?lang=en&dvd=14

      4 dubbed languages (Rus, En, Fr, Ar (Arabian???)) +

      13 languages subtitles

      Look www.ruscico.com, it contains the best quality versions. But not all of its movies are good.

      Comment


      • That's great! I wish I had that version!

        Comment


        • Re: Titles

          Originally posted by Andrey View Post
          write the names about which you want to get my opinion
          Thanks Andrey,
          here they are:

          1.) Lyudi i zeri (1962)
          2.) Aleksandr Malen'kiy (1981)
          3.) Schors (1939)
          4.) Moscowskaya Saga (2004)
          5.) Gde 042? (1969)
          6.) Vera, Nadezhda, Lyubov (1984)
          7.) Yunga Severnogo flota (1973)
          8.) Ispanskiy Variant (1980)
          9.) Obratnoy dorogi net (1970)
          10.) Ostrov Bezymyannyy (1946)
          11.) Synov'ya (1946)
          12.) Esli vrag ne sdaetsya (1982)
          13.) Dozhit'do rassveta

          This is just #1 of my list, I fill file some more next time.

          Comment


          • Re: WHITE SUN OF THE DESERT

            Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
            Yeap, looks like you're pretty much well rounded in Russian WW2 cinema! Now you can just pick diamonds out of the rough.

            Have you seen "The White Desert Sun" (Белое Солнце Пустыни)? They didn't have it on that site, but it's a huge civil war themed classic. I don't know if there is a subtitled release of it, the DVD I have doesn't even have a Russian subtitle option unfortunately.
            Yeap, Got it from RUSCICO about 4 years ago, watched the english subtitled version. Give it a 7/10 stars.
            As in civil war drama, I liked the "41st" , "There where 2 Comrades in the Army" and "THE FLIGHT" better.

            Comment


            • Cool. I have the "41st" somewhere in my Netflix que. I liked "Two Comrades" OK, what's The Flight? I haven't seen that one.

              Comment


              • Re: The Flight

                Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
                Cool. I have the "41st" somewhere in my Netflix que. I liked "Two Comrades" OK, what's The Flight? I haven't seen that one.
                It's also a Ruscico Release, with several languages and subtitles to choose
                from.
                The Ultimate russian Civil War movie is actually a westgerman ZDF production,
                made in 1966 and aired in 1967 on the german ZDF TV station.
                A miniseries encompassing the whole russian civil war, it had the creme of the german TV stars acting in it and it was a 570 minute miniseries in 6 parts.
                It's called:
                " BUERGERKRIEG IN RUSSLAND" .
                Here is the imdb link, and please read my synopsis on it:
                http://www.imdb.com/find?q=BUERGERKR...+RUSSLAND;s=tt

                Please vote for it, to increase chances of a release !!! very very important !
                It's really, really good, you have to trust me on this one.

                It was the most ambitious and most expansive production of german TV at that time. And not really a blatant anticommunist Propaganda peace.
                Internationall respected german history scholars wrote the script and invited russian cooperation, which they got.
                It's filmed in the style of the pretence, that TV reporters existed at that time.
                Like the recently released DVD SET "THE PARISIAN COMMUNE" (La Commune).
                This miniseries might really surprise you. Today would still give it a 10/10 Stars.
                When I watched it on german TV, I was just 12 years old, and it sparked my interest in everything about russian history.

                Why it hit the dustbin of oblivion, is beyond my understanding, because it's a masterpeace. I contacted the ZDF for a DVD print. They want $ 450.00
                for the whole thing . I might gonna go for it. But still hoping that Amazon.de might release it in the next couple of years.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                  Thanks Andrey,
                  here they are:

                  1.) Lyudi i zeri (1962)
                  2.) Aleksandr Malen'kiy (1981)
                  3.) Schors (1939)
                  4.) Moscowskaya Saga (2004)
                  5.) Gde 042? (1969)
                  6.) Vera, Nadezhda, Lyubov (1984)
                  7.) Yunga Severnogo flota (1973)
                  8.) Ispanskiy Variant (1980)
                  9.) Obratnoy dorogi net (1970)
                  10.) Ostrov Bezymyannyy (1946)
                  11.) Synov'ya (1946)
                  12.) Esli vrag ne sdaetsya (1982)
                  13.) Dozhit'do rassveta

                  This is just #1 of my list, I fill file some more next time.
                  Here what I have seen

                  2.) Aleksandr Malen'kiy (1981)

                  Very good. It is about Soviets in Germany in summer 1945.

                  9.) Obratnoy dorogi net (1970)

                  Very good. About partisans.

                  12.) Esli vrag ne sdaetsya (1982)

                  Very good. About Korsun Pocket battle.

                  13.) Dozhit'do rassveta

                  Very good. Based on the novel of Vasil Bykov.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Petershop.com

                    Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                    Here what I have seen

                    2.) Aleksandr Malen'kiy (1981)

                    Very good. It is about Soviets in Germany in summer 1945.

                    9.) Obratnoy dorogi net (1970)

                    Very good. About partisans.

                    12.) Esli vrag ne sdaetsya (1982)

                    Very good. About Korsun Pocket battle.

                    13.) Dozhit'do rassveta

                    Very good. Based on the novel of Vasil Bykov.
                    Thanks Andrey, they are in my shopping cart now.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Petershop.com

                      Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                      write the names about which you want to get my opinion

                      14.) Tret'ya Raketa (1963)
                      15.) Parol'ne nuzhen
                      16.) Lyubov' Yarovaya (1970)
                      17.) Znak bedy (1986)
                      18.) goden k nestoevoy (1968)

                      That's all.
                      Ernst

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                        14.) Tret'ya Raketa (1963)
                        Haven't seen but it is based on a very good novel by Vasyl Bykov. I think it is a very good.

                        15.) Parol'ne nuzhen
                        16.) Lyubov' Yarovaya
                        don't remember, i think they contain a lot of Soviet propaganda about the Civil War time. I think it is a waste of money to buy it

                        17.) Znak bedy (1986)
                        Haven't seen but it is based on a very good novel by Vasyl Bykov. I think it is a very good.

                        18.) goden k nestoevoy (1968)
                        don't remember. I think it should be a good one.

                        In addition
                        5.) Gde 042? (1969)
                        7.) Yunga Severnogo flota (1973)
                        I don't remember them but I think they would be good

                        Comment


                        • I did a search for SVOI on youtube. Well, I didn't find a lot of stuff on the movie but I found this Russian rap clip from Kishinev. Russian rap, especially American jiggy/money-rap inspired type, will always be so funny to me!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
                            I did a search for SVOI on youtube. Well, I didn't find a lot of stuff on the movie but I found this Russian rap clip from Kishinev. Russian rap, especially American jiggy/money-rap inspired type, will always be so funny to me!

                            Holy Sh*t! That was ****in' sweet! Good thing my little brother has a Russian girlfriend, I'm gonna borrow his translation book now. That was great. Best foreign Rap I've seen yet, way better than the stuff I get out of South Africa.
                            "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

                            BoRG

                            Comment


                            • Haha! I forgot you liked rap PMIII! HAHAHA, nice glad you enjoyed it. I liked the song too, it's funny in a good way.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
                                Haha! I forgot you liked rap PMIII! HAHAHA, nice glad you enjoyed it. I liked the song too, it's funny in a good way.
                                A lot of the appeal is what little skill or euipment it takes to start. It's like punk rock in that way. I always love to see what other countries are doing with it, rap is one of the few things America can claim as its own invention. Those guys were "walking the walk" I just need to know what they said to know if they "talk the talk." The beat was "phat," music is international.

                                Seriously, I enjoyed that. I downloaded it to show to my friend (ACGname: Red Skull). He's sort of a Russian enthusiast.
                                Last edited by Paul Mann III; 23 Feb 08, 18:59.
                                "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

                                BoRG

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X