Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Andrey: I am suspectedt hat the new Volodarkii's movie will be the same of Shtrafbat...
    I expect the same. But at least they promised to refrain from sexual scenes. They say like this: "In this point, our movie will differ from another modern military movies" :-) We'll see.

Comment

• HAHA what's wrong with sexual scenes??

Comment

• Well, in modern movies such scenes often go like stamps, just to fill scenario with 'something entertaining'. Then it often looks unnaturally, to put it mildly. E.g. 'Franz+Polina' is a good movie but the sexual scene is quite stupid there, IMHO. Taking a paraphrase from A.Pushkin: "Russian sex; senseless and merciless":-) "Enemy in the gates" gives another 'good' example...

Comment

• Where did Pushkin say that and what did he mean?!!! Wow...!

Comment

• Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
            Where did Pushkin say that and what did he mean?!!! Wow...!
            He means Pushkin's saying "Russian mutiny; nonsensical and pitiless".

I disagree with Vitaly about love scenes. It is not bad to use them if it was. there was a lot of love episodes (without showing of sex) in Soviet military movies. The scene in Franz+Polina is ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
              He means Pushkin's saying "Russian mutiny; nonsensical and pitiless".

I disagree with Vitaly about love scenes. It is not bad to use them if it was. there was a lot of love episodes (without showing of sex) in Soviet military movies. The scene in Franz+Polina is ok.

Oh ok. Haha. I know Tolstoy had some idiotic ideas about sex...

Comment

• Originally posted by Vitaly View Post
                Well, in modern movies such scenes often go like stamps, just to fill scenario with 'something entertaining'. Then it often looks unnaturally, to put it mildly. E.g. 'Franz+Polina' is a good movie but the sexual scene is quite stupid there, IMHO. Taking a paraphrase from A.Pushkin: "Russian sex; senseless and merciless":-) "Enemy in the gates" gives another 'good' example...

Darn me,I thought only the US-americans have problens with "Sex".
                Sex is an aspect of the real life, if ones threaten with death, having sex
                can become the eminent domain. So yes, the scene in F&P is captured
                reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                  Darn me,I thought only the US-americans have problens with "Sex".
                  Sex is an aspect of the real life, if ones threaten with death, having sex
                  can become the eminent domain. So yes, the scene in F&P is captured
                  reality.
                  Modern Russian moviemakers often copy Hollywood stamps. Hollywood infected us by their stamps

Comment

Modern Russian moviemakers often copy Hollywood stamps. Hollywood infected us by their stamps
                    Yes, thats very unfortunate. However I think sometime there will be a resurgence of old-style Russian cinema, maybe with the rise of independent film in Russia.

Comment

• I suppose main cause of difference between old soviet and modern Russian war movies was that most of soviet movies' creators as well as contemporary spectators took a part at the war themselves. So even lots of ideological stamps often could not spoil those movies. Now the GPW is only backdrop which appears sometimes to add some variety.

Comment

• Hi Andrey & Emil

Petershop.com has released a new range of old soviet WW2 classic movies + some of the 90's on DVD.
                        Which ones are worth buying ?

Comment

Diversant is a set of short stories each of them lasts for about 40-50 minutes. "Mersedes is moving away from a pursuit" is one and half time longer than each of the stories of Diversant mini-TV series.

The other type of nmin-TV series is "17 moments of spring" it is one VERY long story divided on parts.

I don't see reasons why you suppose Diverstant is so good.
                          And I don'y see reasons why Diversant is bad.
                          By the way "17 Moments of Spring" is one of my most favorite, I got the
                          RUSCICO edition with english subtitles 2 years ago, watched the whole thing
                          in 3 evening sittings, just couldn't get away from it.

I did not know that "Mercedes is moving away from a pursuit" was a miniseries. The VHS cassette I got from rbcmp3.com must have had just one episode. I remember that the russian scouts wearing german uniforms stopped a bus which contained some high ranking german officers +
                          some Blitz Maedels (attractive female entertainers).

Comment

• I dare anyone to beat this list!!!

Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                            Hi Andrey & Emil

Petershop.com has released a new range of old soviet WW2 classic movies + some of the 90's on DVD.

OK buddy, I went through the entire 14 page catalogue just for you! There are a lot there I've heard about but here are my suggestions based on the ones I have actually seen:

(You've probably seen most of these but I'm bored!)

Летят журавли
                            Судьба человека
                            Свои (hehe you can tell by my avatar I liked this film)
                            Служили два товарища
                            Хроника пикирующего бомбардировщика
                            Звезда (2004)
                            Баллада о солдате
                            Oni Srazhalis Za Rodiny
                            Комиссар
                            Отец солдата
                            Иди И Смотри
                            9 рота
                            Кавказский пленник

Comment

• Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                              Hi Andrey & Emil

write the names about which you want to get my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
                                OK buddy, I went through the entire 14 page catalogue just for you! There are a lot there I've heard about but here are my suggestions based on the ones I have actually seen:

(You've probably seen most of these but I'm bored!)

Летят журавли
                                Судьба человека
                                Свои (hehe you can tell by my avatar I liked this film)
                                Служили два товарища
                                Хроника пикирующего бомбардировщика
                                Звезда (2004)
                                Баллада о солдате
                                Oni Srazhalis Za Rodiny
                                Комиссар
                                Отец солдата
                                Иди И Смотри
                                9 рота
                                Кавказский пленник
                                I've seen all of those, and I also loved "Svoi" (Friendly's) the most. There is talk on Yutube of an english subtitled version. If it comes out with one, I will purchase it again. And thanks for your effort.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X