Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know Andrey, I agree with your list.

Comment

• The screenplay to the movie "We are from future" have been done by Eduard Volodarskii.

Eduard Volodarskii did the screenplay to "Shtrafbat".

Comment

• The screenplay to the movie "We are from future" have been done by Eduard Volodarskii.

Eduard Volodarskii did the screenplay to "Shtrafbat".

But in past he did screenplays to such good movies as "Moonzund", "Check on roads".

Comment

• I enjoyed Moonzund. I like Menshikov...

Comment

• Mercedes

[QUOTE=Andrey;854128]Have you seen "Mersedes ukhodit ot pogoni" ("Mersedes is moving away from a pursuit"). and "Shiol poslednii god voiny" ("It was the last year of the war")?

I don't know with what you compare Diversant. Maybe it is better than an average American movie. But in comparison to Soviet military movies Diversant is worse.

I see 80% of Shtrafbat mini-TV series. Shtrafbat is one large lie. It contains mistake after mistake. "Leningrad" is the same trash but it is clearly seen that it was done for Westerners.

I repeat my opinion that there are very good modern Russian movies like "Night/Day Watch", "72 meters", "Svoi", "Franz+Polina", "Star", "In August 1944".

Mercedes:
            I watched this movie about 4 years ago, after I ordered it from RBCMP3.com (now russiandvd.com), on VHS. It was only 68 minutes long.
            It was not a bad movie, but a bit too short. I'm more a fan of long miniseries.
            It was the time when I started in earnest to collect russian war movies via the internet. I have about more than 300 now.
            Havn't seen about 40 or so yet, mostly the classic from the 40's and 50's in
            black and white.

One of the classic's I liked best, was "White Explosion"
            A film about the warfare in the caucasion mountains.
            Incredible good action scenes, good acting and just a very suspensful story.
            Both sides use lawines to gain a frontal breaktrough or to fend an attack off.
            They accomplish that, by sending small squads with dynamite charges into the rear of the enemy. Thrown in a very attractive russian mountain lady
            with a killer instinct.

Scooped up whatever I could get. I also rent them out in my videostore, to die hard war and history film fans.
            Now I order them in bulk, mostly from ebay sellers:
            8 - 12 russian war or history movies on just one disc for the incredible bargain of just $7.99 to $9.99 Beats Netflix by far.
            Doesn't matter if they are new or classic.

Comment

• New Russian War Movie

Originally posted by Vitaly View Post
              As I see, new Russian war movie is coming soon, named "We are from future". It will be shown in Russia starting from Feb. 21.

Official web-page: http://www.m-i-b.ru.

Poster: http://media.kino-govno.com/posters/...uschego_3s.jpg

Several shots: http://www.film.ru/afisha/photo450.a...DOPTY&number=1

Wow, it looks awesome.
              I was trying to look it up on the imdb.com
              and my question:
              Is this the movie "Okhota Na Asfalte" ?
              Just looked up the writers latest title.

Comment

• Klettka (Al'ka)

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
                Konzev, every tank in Alka looke fake as hell, I don't know what you are talking about!!! The T-34 was the only tank that came close to looking real but even then I could tell that it was made from cardboard and only BARELY looking like a T-34. We need to bust out some pics here...

The cliches I'm talking about are like the guy throwing himself on to the grende, the "begging" German prisoner, etc. - that stuff is in EVERY movie. But yea overall the movie is positive. I just like movies that are more violent and stray off the beaten path a little bit, and have real tanks. SVOI is the perfect example.

My eyes are not that good any more, is hard for me to detect the finer details.
                Anyway, did you read the comment I made for it, on the imdb ?
                my name on the imdb is "wiltvid"
                I wrote quuite a few comments on the imdb about russian war movies, and you can read all of them up, by looking up my profile there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                  Wow, it looks awesome.
                  I was trying to look it up on the imdb.com
                  and my question:
                  Is this the movie "Okhota Na Asfalte" ?
                  Just looked up the writers latest title.
                  no, it is a brand new movie about a four modern guys who were thrown to 1942.

Comment

My eyes are not that good any more, is hard for me to detect the finer details.
                    Anyway, did you read the comment I made for it, on the imdb ?
                    my name on the imdb is "wiltvid"
                    I wrote quuite a few comments on the imdb about russian war movies, and you can read all of them up, by looking up my profile there.
                    No, I haven't been on imdb in a long time. Al'ka is a decent movie but I don't really think it is a milestone of WW2 cinema you think it is

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                    Sounds like a good premise to me!

Comment

• Mixing science fiction with history

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                      Yes, I like the premise and the angle to make movies like that too.
                      I watched the japanese movie "Our War"
                      Low budged, but I still liked it a lot, made me believe it builds a good bridge between the two generations.
                      The russian version I saw on that link, looks like a big budged movie.
                      So I'm burning to see it.
                      The japanese also made another bigger budged warflick called "Lorelei",
                      which I also liked. The americans are the bad guys in this movie, trying to transport another atomic bomb to the island of Tinian to drop a third nuklear bomb on Tokyo.
                      There is also another new japanese war movie called "THE LAST DANCE OF AUGUST 15 "(2007). Not bad.
                      On the topic of japanese warflicks: My favorite is "YAMATO" (Battlesship Yamato) (2006)
                      Have you guys seen it ?

Comment

• RE: Klettka (Alka)

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
                        No, I haven't been on imdb in a long time. Al'ka is a decent movie but I don't really think it is a milestone of WW2 cinema you think it is

Sounds like a good premise to me!
                        I agree that Al'ka does not make a milestone on the technical or F?X aspect
                        in moviemaking, it still does however, when it comes to bring light to the human tragedy of war. You have a very fine human beeing like the russian Ballerina confronted with the reality of war. Witnessing her transition and fate, is something I have never seen in any warmovies before.
                        It is despite the grim reality, a glimmer of hope for humanity.
                        I felt truly moved and inspired by her great character.

Comment

Yes, I like the premise and the angle to make movies like that too.
                          I watched the japanese movie "Our War"
                          Low budged, but I still liked it a lot, made me believe it builds a good bridge between the two generations.
                          The russian version I saw on that link, looks like a big budged movie.
                          So I'm burning to see it.
                          The japanese also made another bigger budged warflick called "Lorelei",
                          which I also liked. The americans are the bad guys in this movie, trying to transport another atomic bomb to the island of Tinian to drop a third nuklear bomb on Tokyo.
                          There is also another new japanese war movie called "THE LAST DANCE OF AUGUST 15 "(2007). Not bad.
                          On the topic of japanese warflicks: My favorite is "YAMATO" (Battlesship Yamato) (2006)
                          Have you guys seen it ?
                          "Yamato" is a good movie, but not tells much about war in Japan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
                            I enjoyed Moonzund. I like Menshikov...
                            I am suspectedt hat the new Volodarkii's movie will be the same of Shtrafbat (which was a full garbage and lie).

His greatest movies like "Moonzund" and "Check on roads" weredone in Soviet time when censorship was and it was controlled what screwriters wrote.

Now it is a freedom to write any nonsence.

So I have bad presentiments about the quality of "We are from future"...

Comment

I agree that Al'ka does not make a milestone on the technical or F?X aspect
                              in moviemaking, it still does however, when it comes to bring light to the human tragedy of war. You have a very fine human beeing like the russian Ballerina confronted with the reality of war. Witnessing her transition and fate, is something I have never seen in any warmovies before.
                              It is despite the grim reality, a glimmer of hope for humanity.
                              I felt truly moved and inspired by her great character.
                              I take it you've seen most of the classics? And you still think so?

Comment

• Originally posted by Konzev;858932Mercedes:
                                I watched this movie about 4 years ago, after I ordered it from RBCMP3.com (now russiandvd.com), on VHS. It was only 68 minutes long.
                                It was not a bad movie, but a bit too short. I'm more a fan of long miniseries.
                                Diversant is a set of short stories each of them lasts for about 40-50 minutes. "Mersedes is moving away from a pursuit" is one and half time longer than each of the stories of Diversant mini-TV series.

The other type of nmin-TV series is "17 moments of spring" it is one VERY long story divided on parts.

I don't see reasons why you suppose Diverstant is so good.
                                Last edited by Andrey; 11 Feb 08, 18:16.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X