This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al'ka

Konzev - I just watched 3 episodes of Al'ka, but I didn't think it was that great. I can see what you like about it but so far I thought it was pretty unrealistic and cliched. I mean, especially with the 100% ridiculus, fake tanks! Nothing can sour me more on a WW2 movie then fake tanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
      Konzev: Yeah I'm still waiting on Alka, that Russian rental service is kind of sucky, I am going to cancel my free trial after I see Alka.

Andrei & Konzev: There is a preview of Diversant that is about 5-10 mins. long and it was looked really interesting...
      Diversant is criticized much.

There is a guy with name I. Koshkin.

He writes articles in Russian about new movies. He uses slang and his articles are very funny

Here is what he wrote about Diversant. You know Russian so you will understand it.

http://www.telesys.ru/wwwboards/mcon...s/101164.shtml
      http://www.telesys.ru/wwwboards/mcon...s/101173.shtml

It is VERY funny

Comment

• Here is a couple of other one Koshkin's article

http://stabrk.livejournal.com/37812.html
        http://stabrk.livejournal.com/36384.html

Here is about Shtrafbat

http://forum.totaldvd.ru/m_95528/mpage_3/printable.htm
        Last edited by Andrey; 01 Feb 08, 06:40.

Comment

• Hilarious stuff, Andrey! But I think there is more then one "Diversant" because the one I am interested in is not a TV-series, but a movie.

Comment

Hilarious stuff, Andrey! But I think there is more then one "Diversant" because the one I am interested in is not a TV-series, but a movie.
            Diversant is a mini-TV series. It also can de sold in DVD as single parts.

There are TV versions of a few best Russian movies - "72 meters" and "Turkish Gambit". The movies are shorter than the TV versions.

If to return to the movies like Diversant....

In the USSR there were VERY many such movies. For example, when I was very little and went to a kindergarden there was a movie which was very popular between children like me -"Mersedes ukhodit ot pogoni" ("Mersedes is moving away from a pursuit"). It was about a few scouts in German uniform who moved in enemy rears on a Mersedes-car. Or "Shiol poslednii god voiny" ("It was the last year of the war"). It was about a scout group which got an order to sneak on enemy secured zone to define whgat was going on there.

Those movies were MUCH better than Diversant or Shtrafbat.

I offered the list of the BEST Soviet movies in this thread.

Comment

• Yeah, I enjoyed Turkish Gambit a lot. Great actors. Finished watching the last episode of Al'ka, it was OK. Tied everything together well. The actress who played Al'ka was cute, a classic Slavonic beauty...

Comment

• Mercedes

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                Diversant is a mini-TV series. It also can de sold in DVD as single parts.

There are TV versions of a few best Russian movies - "72 meters" and "Turkish Gambit". The movies are shorter than the TV versions.

If to return to the movies like Diversant....

In the USSR there were VERY many such movies. For example, when I was very little and went to a kindergarden there was a movie which was very popular between children like me -"Mersedes ukhodit ot pogoni" ("Mersedes is moving away from a pursuit"). It was about a few scouts in German uniform who moved in enemy rears on a Mersedes-car. Or "Shiol poslednii god voiny" ("It was the last year of the war"). It was about a scout group which got an order to sneak on enemy secured zone to define whgat was going on there.

Those movies were MUCH better than Diversant or Shtrafbat.

I offered the list of the BEST Soviet movies in this thread.
                Totally disagree with you again, the quality of the movie you described was not even close to the quality of the TV miniseries DIversant # 1 & 2.
                It must be your sentimental nostalgigca .
                It's nice to promote those classic's, but by no way they where better.
                Did you really see Diversant and Shtrafbat ?
                And I recomand you to watch Al'ka.
                Emil finally saw it .

Comment

• Tanks

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
                  Konzev - I just watched 3 episodes of Al'ka, but I didn't think it was that great. I can see what you like about it but so far I thought it was pretty unrealistic and cliched. I mean, especially with the 100% ridiculus, fake tanks! Nothing can sour me more on a WW2 movie then fake tanks.
                  There where no fake tanks in this movie,
                  the Mark III self propelled Antitank Gun Platform was authentic, so where all the T34/85's, and T44's in Berlin.
                  Okay the Mark V Tiger Tank should have been a Mark IV/75mm short (Tiger Tanks where not introduced to the Leningrad front before November 1942, and only in very small numbers.)
                  And the scene was taking place in November 1941.

I do not know about the cliche's you are talking about, because I'm german,
                  so I did not notice. Keep in mind my russian is terrible at best, and I watched this movie just in russian language without any subtitles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                    Totally disagree with you again, the quality of the movie you described was not even close to the quality of the TV miniseries DIversant # 1 & 2.
                    It must be your sentimental nostalgigca .
                    It's nice to promote those classic's, but by no way they where better.
                    Did you really see Diversant and Shtrafbat ?
                    And I recomand you to watch Al'ka.
                    Emil finally saw it .
                    Have you seen "Mersedes ukhodit ot pogoni" ("Mersedes is moving away from a pursuit"). and "Shiol poslednii god voiny" ("It was the last year of the war")?

I don't know with what you compare Diversant. Maybe it is better than an average American movie. But in comparison to Soviet military movies Diversant is worse.

I see 80% of Shtrafbat mini-TV series. Shtrafbat is one large lie. It contains mistake after mistake. "Leningrad" is the same trash but it is clearly seen that it was done for Westerners.

I repeat my opinion that there are very good modern Russian movies like "Night/Day Watch", "72 meters", "Svoi", "Franz+Polina", "Star", "In August 1944".

And there are many more trash movies like "Leningrad", "Shtrafbat", "On the nameless hill", "In June 1941", "Second Front", "PQ17" and so on.

Diversant is better than Shtrafbat or Leningrad but it is worse than an average Soviet military movie. It is too primitive, boring and contains a lot of stamps.

I understand your opinion about Al'ka. I have already followed your advice and watched "Franz+Polina" and I agree that it is a great movie.

EDIT: My opinion is based on my knowledge about WWII and about Soviet military movies. Your basic knowledge differs from mine.
                    Last edited by Andrey; 02 Feb 08, 03:39.

Comment

• Konzev, every tank in Alka looke fake as hell, I don't know what you are talking about!!! The T-34 was the only tank that came close to looking real but even then I could tell that it was made from cardboard and only BARELY looking like a T-34. We need to bust out some pics here...

The cliches I'm talking about are like the guy throwing himself on to the grende, the "begging" German prisoner, etc. - that stuff is in EVERY movie. But yea overall the movie is positive. I just like movies that are more violent and stray off the beaten path a little bit, and have real tanks. SVOI is the perfect example.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Andrey: Here is a couple of other one Koshkin's article
                        Thanks, Andrey! I almost die laughing on this :-)))

Comment

• Originally posted by Vitaly View Post
                          Thanks, Andrey! I almost die laughing on this :-)))
                          Look also this
                          http://wiktor.livejournal.com/80418.html

Comment

• As I see, new Russian war movie is coming soon, named "We are from future". It will be shown in Russia starting from Feb. 21.

Official web-page: http://www.m-i-b.ru.

Poster: http://media.kino-govno.com/posters/...uschego_3s.jpg

Several shots: http://www.film.ru/afisha/photo450.a...DOPTY&number=1

Comment

• I'm sure Andrey will crap on it

Comment

I'm sure Andrey will crap on it
                                If you re-read this thread you'll see I spoke good words about a few modern movies.

If you want to waste your money and time watch all.

Comment

Working...
                                X