Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soviet/Russian military movies

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1. There were two movies "Order not to shoot" and its continuation "Order to cross the border". It is incorrect to call the second one "Order not to shoot-2"

    2. You forgot about the excellent Soviet "Through the Ghobi and the Khingan"

    3. The Khalhin-Gol Conflict is the correct Russian name.

    Comment


    • On Monday, February, 19th, Russian TV Channel "1" will begin to show brand new Russian mini-TV series "Leningrad" about Leningrad Blockade in WWII.

      The advertising campaign had been continuing for the last month.

      A lot of the best Russian actors play in this movie.

      Also a few Western actors took part in it. Today Russian TV spoke about Mina Sorvino. I also saw a famous American actor (don't remember his name) who played a Western reporter who had visited Leningrad in that time. In the movie his name is Parker, but his real analogue is Alexander Werth (read Werth's "Russia At War", the best Western book about the Soviet efforts in WWII)!!!

      It looks like it is a very good movie, one of the best movies for the last years...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Andrey View Post
        On Monday, February, 19th, Russian TV Channel "1" will begin to show brand new Russian mini-TV series "Leningrad" about Leningrad Blockade in WWII.

        The advertising campaign had been continuing for the last month.

        A lot of the best Russian actors play in this movie.

        Also a few Western actors took part in it. Today Russian TV spoke about Mina Sorvino. I also saw a famous American actor (don't remember his name) who played a Western reporter who had visited Leningrad in that time. In the movie his name is Parker, but his real analogue is Alexander Werth (read Werth's "Russia At War", the best Western book about the Soviet efforts in WWII)!!!

        It looks like it is a very good movie, one of the best movies for the last years...
        My first impression after I have looked part 1 - I am dissapointed...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Andrey View Post
          My first impression after I have looked part 1 - I am dissapointed...
          Sometimes we have a diffrent take on russia's new WW2 movies. I liked most
          of the new ones, and I still love CONVOY PQ-17.
          In my previous post, I raised awareness for :
          FRANZ AND POLINA
          and I wrote a viewers opinion here
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0899242/
          The movie LENINGRAD is being released here:
          http://www.alldvd.ca/Product/DvdDeta...roductID=45835
          I ordered a copie for myself and my video store.
          By the way Andrey, the movies
          TRANSIT and 72 METRES with english subtitles doing very well in my store.
          I get a lot of rave reviews from my canadian customers.
          They can't seem to understand, that great movies like that are so absolutely unknown here in north america.
          I even talked to the daughter of one of the Lady-pilots who flew those airplanes from alaska to siberia (talking about the movie PEREGON (Transit).

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Konzev View Post
            Sometimes we have a diffrent take on russia's new WW2 movies. I liked most
            of the new ones, and I still love CONVOY PQ-17.
            The movie have got some very good moments, like music. It have got a tragic story. But it contains too lot of old Soviet propaganda.

            I try to give a balanced description of the movies and to avoid to speak that all the Russian movies are good.

            The movie LENINGRAD is being released here:
            http://www.alldvd.ca/Product/DvdDeta...roductID=45835
            I ordered a copie for myself and my video store.
            It looks like you haven't see it yet, have you?

            The moviemakers again added evil NKVD people in the movie and those NKVD people are more dangerous for the movie heroes than the Germans.

            The actors play non-naturally.

            Of course, the movie have got some very impressive moments. Especially in a few last minutes. My heart

            By the way Andrey, the movies
            TRANSIT and 72 METRES with english subtitles doing very well in my store.
            I get a lot of rave reviews from my canadian customers.
            What is your friends and your personal impressions?

            They can't seem to understand, that great movies like that are so absolutely unknown here in north america.
            It looks like it is a part of anti-Russian propaganda campaign. The rulers of the West don't want the Soviet/Russian movies-masterpieces become available to Western public as it will break a lot of Western stereotypes about the Russians...

            For me the situation looks like the situation in the USSR in the 80th where Western movies were unknown for the Soviets but the Soviets interested by them more and more.

            I even talked to the daughter of one of the Lady-pilots who flew those airplanes from alaska to siberia (talking about the movie PEREGON (Transit).
            Is the movie correct according her opinion?
            Last edited by Andrey; 03 Mar 07, 02:55.

            Comment


            • If to return to the brand new "Leningrad"...

              It is nonsence like "Enemy at the gates". "Leningrad" is criticized by Russian historians, people who survived in the blockade. Anyone who has some knowledge about WWII and common sense will dislike it.

              It looks like it was done for Western public. It contains a lot of stamps that are usual for Western impression of the actions in the Soviet-Germn Front.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                If to return to the brand new "Leningrad"...

                It is nonsence like "Enemy at the gates". "Leningrad" is criticized by Russian historians, people who survived in the blockade. Anyone who has some knowledge about WWII and common sense will dislike it.

                It looks like it was done for Western public. It contains a lot of stamps that are usual for Western impression of the actions in the Soviet-Germn Front.
                Wow, but it was made by Russians right? That is weird unless they hope to release to the west.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by joea View Post
                  Wow, but it was made by Russians right? That is weird unless they hope to release to the west.
                  yes, it was done by Russians.

                  I warn again that Russians are different.

                  Some Russians carries Swastika and shout "Heil, Hitler!" now.

                  THE AIM OF THIS THREAD IS TO DESCRIBE THE B_E_S_T SOVIET/RUSSIAN MILITARY MOVIES.

                  NO EVERY RUSSIAN MILITARY MOVIE IS GOOD.

                  Comment


                  • Have anybody seen the film "Zvezda"( the Star ), a recent movies of Russian about WW2. I have seen it twice ( on TV ) and I still love it much. That's a emotional story, and the end of the film is very impressing. It seems that the film is based on a true story.
                    The scene I like most may be the attack of Soviet Shturmoviks at the German's station. Very interesting.
                    Could you send me the link to download this film (with English subtitle if possible). Thank you very much.
                    "My only desire is that all of our Party and people, closely united in struggle, construct a peaceful, unified, independent, democratic and prosperous, and make a valiant contribution to the world Revolution" - Ho Chi Minh's will

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RGA View Post
                      Have anybody seen the film "Zvezda"( the Star ), a recent movies of Russian about WW2. I have seen it twice ( on TV ) and I still love it much. That's a emotional story, and the end of the film is very impressing. It seems that the film is based on a true story.
                      The scene I like most may be the attack of Soviet Shturmoviks at the German's station. Very interesting.
                      Could you send me the link to download this film (with English subtitle if possible). Thank you very much.
                      Explore this thread and will find some info about this movie. It is indeed a very good Russian movie, one of the best.

                      The movie with English subtitles... Does is exist?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                        .

                        The movie with English subtitles... Does is exist?
                        I hope so because I have ordered it from Amazon UK!
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Region-Kravc...3343045&sr=1-3

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                          I hope so because I have ordered it from Amazon UK!
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Region-Kravc...3343045&sr=1-3
                          Yes, it exists ideed...
                          http://www.ruscico.com/detail.php?lang=en&film=215

                          Comment


                          • Here is a very good news.

                            Now one more great Soviet militarty movie is avaialable in English

                            It is "The Hot Snow"
                            http://www.ruscico.com/detail.php?lang=en&film=338

                            Enjoy! it is one of the best Soviet military movies...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                              I want to introduce one more excellent Soviety military movie.

                              It is "В зоне особого внимания" ("V zone osobogo vnimaniia") "In a zone of special attention"

                              http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078450/

                              It is a legendary movie of 1978.

                              It is not about WWII, it is about modern (by that time) Soviet Airborne Troops.

                              In that time Airborne Troops were elite Soviet troops.

                              The movie shows an episode of manoeuvres of modern Soviet troops.

                              A recon group of a Soviet Airborne unit got an order to define the location of an opposing forces and to inform its headquarters about it.

                              The movie shows how the recon group tried to fulfill its order and opposing ordinary infantry units tried to capture them.

                              This movie became the hymn to Soviet Airborne troops.

                              In the end an airdrop of an Airborne regiment is shown.

                              The final song of the movie became an unofficial hymn of Airborne Troops. (see the thread about the songs)

                              The Russian TV shows it practically on every August, 2nd, on the Day of Russian Airborne Troops.

                              It will be very useful to Wesyterners to look on real faces of Soviet soldiers of the 70th. It differs from the one in "Rambo", "Red Rising" and so on...
                              Today Russian TV spoke a little about this movie.

                              Real personnel of the 7th Airborne Division (from Kaunas) took part in the movie.

                              Gen Margelov, the legendary Commander of the Soviet Airborne Troops helped to the director of the movie to do the movie.

                              30 millions people saw it in Soviets cinemas!

                              Before the movie the Ryazan Airborne Military College had the competition of two entrants on each place.

                              In 1978 after the movie was shown in cinemas the competition became 25 (!!!) entrants on each place.

                              Comment


                              • I have just seen "Franz+Polina". Thanks, Konzev, that you drew my attention to it. You were right calling it a very good movie. Indeed, itis really the BEST Russian movie about WWII of the last 15 years. THE BEST RUSSIAN MOVIE OF THE LAST 15 YEARS!

                                The music is great, the story and the actors (especially those who played Franz (a German actor) and Polina (a Russian actress)) are great also. Wonderful!

                                And everything looks correct except a scene with a partisan commissar shooting a partisan who lost cartridges for a machine gun. Sometimes there were very cruel commissars but they were not so bad...

                                To the point, the Russian actors in the movie speak in Byelorussian-Russian mixture like people in villages spoke (it differs a little from modern Russian on which the Russian people in towns and cities speak). So sometimes I better understood English subtitles than what people in the movie spoke
                                Last edited by Andrey; 11 Mar 07, 14:04.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X