This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amvas View Post
    If to count my official salary Imust be already dead from hunger....

But I'm still alive....
    So you don't live on your salary only.

So don't speak about low salaries of poor Moscow's people.

Many people outside of Moscow live ONLY for their salary as they have no such possibilities to take additional money like the Moscow people. A few days ago a reporter spoke to a Moscow woman-pensioner " I think you have got some savings. In which currency do you keep them?" The pensioner answered: "yes, I have got some savings. I have got only 3,500 US$"

She was a pensioner!!! Pensioners outside of Moscow got 2-3 thousand roubles (~ 80-100 US$) per month.

Zazhralis oni tam v Moskve...

Comment

• Originally posted by DANNGOC View Post
      Congrats Ruski Tennis team! Great David Cup season.
      Thanks.

About movie: did anyone here watch "Ich war Neunzehn"? Its a DDR film about Red Army in 1945 and I think they show exactly ... Andrey and Amvas, what's your opinions?
      I don't understand German.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geek44 View Post
        Idi i smotri. For the information I say spaciba.
        My friends and I who have seen it will never forget it. It's a pleasure to see films not made by the Hollywood production line.
        Greetings to my Russian comrades from Australia. I wish my father (Finnish) taught me more Russian words.
        God bless,
        Nick
        Read closely this thread and you will find a lot of info about Soviet/Russian military movies.

To the point, you can make your review here.

Comment

• Originally posted by DANNGOC View Post
          Congrats Ruski Tennis team! Great David Cup season.

About movie: did anyone here watch "Ich war Neunzehn"? Its a DDR film about Red Army in 1945 and I think they show exactly ... Andrey and Amvas, what's your opinions?
          Thx, Davis Cup final was really amazing!

Never heard about this movie.
          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
            So you don't live on your salary only.
            If you can read this, it means I'm still alive....

So don't speak about low salaries of poor Moscow's people.
            Official salaries are quite poor in my place..
            That's why I need to work on another job...

Many people outside of Moscow live ONLY for their salary as they have no such possibilities to take additional money like the Moscow people.
            Yes, in the case of capital it's large advantage

A few days ago a reporter spoke to a Moscow woman-pensioner " I think you have got some savings. In which currency do you keep them?" The pensioner answered: "yes, I have got some savings. I have got only 3,500 US$"

She was a pensioner!!! Pensioners outside of Moscow got 2-3 thousand roubles (~ 80-100 US$) per month.
            It was unusual pensioner.
            Moscow pension is only about 4,000R/month

Zazhralis oni tam v Moskve...
            The same we think about some oil& gas regions, whose income is 30-50,000 R per month

Comment

• "Ich war Neunzehn"
              Andrey, AMVAS - please try to remember - russian title is "Мне было девятнадцать" (I was 19) with young Vasili Livanov and Galina Polskikh. Good film about native german anti-fascist, who returned in Germany with the Red Army in 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                You probably didn't like the scene, where the british HQ decided to use the convoy to lure the german surface ships into a trap. I do not know, how historically accurate that was, but you probably know more about it.
                I dislike that the authors showed that the Soviet sailors did the feats that really were done by Allied sailors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rambow View Post
                  "Ich war Neunzehn"
                  Andrey, AMVAS - please try to remember - russian title is "Мне было девятнадцать" (I was 19) with young Vasili Livanov and Galina Polskikh. Good film about native german anti-fascist, who returned in Germany with the Red Army in 1945.
                  Yes, I found this title in the net (unfortunately not for sale)

Very old (1968) movie from DDR.
                  No, I never see it. I'ts not strange if I say I had no TV set until 1988...

Comment

Hi Andrey
                    I own a few region free DVD players, I also rent and sell them. That's why I can buy foreign movies for my customers, and create a genuine ambiance.
                    Please let me know about a protocol, on how we could do about.
                    If My previous proposal was to hasty or unappropriate, I like to apologize.
                    My email: wiltvid@vianet.ca.on
                    your e-mail is not valid for my mail system.

Write a private message to me

Comment

"Ich war Neunzehn"
                      I didn't see it.

A few months ago Russian TV showed a documentary film about military interpreteurs.

It was spoken that the movie "I was 19" was based on a real fact when a Soviet officer-interpreteur (German nationality) saved a few thousands people in Pillau.

Many German civilians run away in the fortress in the center of Pillau. The German soldiers who were in the fortress didn't suppose to surrender, they had an order to fight up to the last soldier.

The Soviet officer-interpreteur went to them as a bearer of a flag of truce. And he did the thing which looked impossible to everyone - he persuaded the German garrison to stop hopeless resistance and to surrender.

The Russian TV said that those civilians were grateful for many years to that Soviet officer who had saved their lives in 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                        your e-mail is not valid for my mail system.

Write a private message to me
                        Try without ".on" part
                        Probably it's anti-spam defend

Comment

• Ich war 19 (I was 19)

This is my absolute favorite movie, a movie that goes to my core.
                          Every young german in the 60's and 70's with a consience would love to have identyfied with this character: A young german born russian soldier returning with the red army to help liberate germany from fascism.
                          Because this movie is made after the true account of Konrad Wolf, it does not lack authenticity. I got hold of a DVD in german with english subtitles,
                          I'm renting it out to the canadian publlic. Each time I ask them for a personal
                          opinion. I get incredible feedback on this movie. Most canadians did have no idea about this part of german history and confess utter surprise.
                          Unfortunately very few canadians have the education to digest this very complex movie, since they are raised on a hollywood diat. I alway try to take my time with the customer who confessed a sincere interest in this topic, that is my passion and my calling. To 95% I accomplish, to introduce them to watch my russian WW2 collection. I created an appetite and a niche for my very special videostore in northamerica.
                          I feel very humbled abot DANNGOK's posts about this movie, since he his locally so far away from the episodic history. A vietnamese gentleman I would love to call my friend.
                          I confess a had a good meal at my local chinese restaurant tonight, accompanied with some great sake wine. I frequent this Jade Garden restaurant for over a year now, I have nothing but praise for their good food and service.
                          The owners of this restaurant share my love of russian movies, since they
                          dicovered my store and supplied me with a gift coupon for a free meal.
                          I had a good treat for them a couple of weeks ago:
                          "And dawn it's quiet up here", a 2006 remake of the 1972 classic, done by a young chinese film maker.
                          Now the version I have, is in russian and chinese only, is there a version with
                          english or german subtitles available in russia ?
                          If not, could you inform me when it comes out ?
                          I own the orignal ruscico version, and I love it. The chinese version is twice that long, I really would love to have a version I can understand.
                          Thanxx
                          Ernst Wiltmann

Comment

This is my absolute favorite movie, a movie that goes to my core.
                            Every young german in the 60's and 70's with a consience would love to have identyfied with this character: A young german born russian soldier returning with the red army to help liberate germany from fascism.
                            I think you mean "Every young german from DDR in the 60's and 70's with a consience..."

I had a good treat for them a couple of weeks ago:
                            "And dawn it's quiet up here", a 2006 remake of the 1972 classic, done by a young chinese film maker.
                            Now the version I have, is in russian and chinese only, is there a version with
                            english or german subtitles available in russia ?
                            If not, could you inform me when it comes out ?
                            I own the orignal ruscico version, and I love it. The chinese version is twice that long, I really would love to have a version I can understand.
                            The Chinese did that movie for China. They used a few Russian actors from a local theater school in Far-Eastern part of Russia. So the Russian actors are not top Russian stars (like in original Soviet movie).

The movie is unknown for a Russian spectator so no comments.

Comment

• I see, it's time to open new thread "Foreign movies about Soviet/Russian military"

Comment

I see, it's time to open new thread "Foreign movies about Soviet/Russian military"
                                The main actor in that DDR movie was Vasilii Livanov, a famous Soviet actor (he is known as Sherlock Holmes)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X