Another V-day anniversary gift from "creative designers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another V-day anniversary gift from "creative designers"

Graphics designers, the kind of people who are universally known to have hyperinflated egos and hyperdeflated brains, have presented us all a new gift for the 65th anniversary of victory in the Great Patriotic War:

Stuff like this makes you miss Stalin sometimes. Or at least Brezhnev with his punitive psychiatry.
    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

He-he... "Creative-thinking" designers
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Wow....the ignorance. I mean who can't tell a Soviet helmet from a German one?

Comment

World War Two and the Great Patriotic War are Ancient History to most of the population. If you told them Stalin and Hitler were fighting with Alexander the Great, most people (at least in the USA) would not have a clue that anything was wrong with that statement. I've been giving lectures at the war gaming conventions here in North America for over 10 years now, and even among supposedly knowledgeable gamers with an interest in history, the knowledge about the 'war in the east' is minimal. What they do know, they get mostly from the German accounts, or apologists for the German military, and haven't the foggiest idea what really went on at Moscow, Kursk, Stalingrad or Leningrad.
        The saving grace to all of the ignorance is that there are people who want to know more, and want to learn the historical truth. The fact that those people exist is the reason David Glantz's lectures at the ORIGINS convention are the best-attended military history talks given there. It's a long, uphill process, but I like to think we're making small dents in the wall of ignorance and disinterest.

Comment

Some more Victory Day fun - this time for Russian speakers only

A special contribution to the development of the enemy was made by you, people of tankograd, who created the best tanks in the world and produced other types of armaments for the front, for the Victory.

We remember our heroic townsmen who died on battlefields and those who honestly worked in the enemy rears.
          Last edited by ShAA; 19 Apr 10, 16:35.
          www.histours.ru

Comment

Holy crap, are those first ones real?
            Кто там?
            Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
            Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

IMHO, its all (esp. the first one) intentional. Sabotage. Vreditel'stvo.

Comment

simply fools

Comment

http://www.kp.ru/daily/24474/632960/

Here's the source. They say there was a huge influx of commissions just before the New Year's holidays and the designer googled "war photos".
                  www.histours.ru

Comment

So the designer and proof-reader just get a reprimand for such insulting work? They should be fired and blacklisted from this industry along with ol' Sevtlana Adolfovna Somova. (I like how the made her name bold )
                    Кто там?

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                      So the designer and proof-reader just get a reprimand for such insulting work? They should be fired and blacklisted from this industry along with ol' Sevtlana Adolfovna Somova. (I like how the made her name bold )
                      That's really a problem, in fact. There are more and more people who would say: "So what?" It's not just an isolated incident.
                      www.histours.ru

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                        That's really a problem, in fact. There are more and more people who would say: "So what?" It's not just an isolated incident.
                        I really didn't like how Ms. Somova just explained it away, like you said, as if it was no big deal. I'm sorry, it is. There is no way a calendar commemorating the 65th Anniversary of defeating the Nazis should have any pictures of German soldiers, let alone arguably the most well known picture of a German soldier from the war front and center. There is no excuse for that at all.
                        Кто там?

Comment

This things happen every year,
                          Last year there was a case when some veterans received congratulatory post cards for V day with a tiger tank on it.
                          Kind regards
                          Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
                          * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
                          * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X