No announcement yet.

OT: The President of Poland died in air crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think all too often we see what we want to see, Alexi...

But, by God, I see it, my friend...

The last couple of weeks have brought a great many tears for both Russia & Poland...

In as much as I have flown your nations colors, & now those of Poland, from Respects & genuine Condolence...

I also pray that Poland & Russia now comfort each other as good neighbors so often do...

The world knows enough pain & sorrow...

Mutually Compassionate Comfort of ones fellow humankind in its midst is a self fulfilling Blessing.

Wes
    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
      This was clearly pilot error but it also means a speedy withdrawal of old Russian equipment from Polish government service. Those 1960s Tupolevs have antiquated cockpit environments imposing excessive pilot workload with too many switches to set, too many instruments to monitor, too many checklists. The crews spend too much time going through checklists and throwing switches and not enough time looking out the window to watch for terrain and traffic.
      You are probably right about TU-154 being not amost modern craft out there...
      On the othe hand there was literally NOTHING to see out of the cockpit window - the fog was extremely dence, zero vizibility.
      One bloger from Smolensk wrote that he could not see the ground from his window on the 7th floor.
      Kind regards
      Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
      * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
      * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Comment

Investigators begin analysing Polish Tu-154's recorders
        By David Kaminski-Morrow

Investigators have started analysing the flight recorders retrieved from the Polish presidential Tupolev Tu-154M which crashed at Smolensk yesterday
        http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...recorders.html
        “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Way to the ground
          Last edited by amvas; 14 Apr 10, 13:39.
          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X