Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term Relationship

Hello everyone.
    I have heard that Russia had no sight optics, such as the German forces had.
    This meant that they had only a limited visibility to 600 m. Is it true?
    What I also wonder if the problem was corrected during the war, or it was just as bad in 1945?

If you mean optical gunsights, the short answer is yes the RKKA or Soviet Army had them. As far as design went all the canon were provided with the appropriate sighting equipment. I will leave it for others to discuss the relative merits of Soviet vs German equipment and any loss of quality due to the displacement of industry in 1941-42.

Comment

Thanks Carl, and yes, I would like to know more about the differences between the opticians which then existed.
      Have heard that the Russians could not fix it with the glass, which meant that they could not get the best sharpness.

Comment

Optics

Originally posted by Zamme View Post
        Hello everyone.
        I have heard that Russia had no sight optics, such as the German forces had.
        This meant that they had only a limited visibility to 600 m. Is it true?
        What I also wonder if the problem was corrected during the war, or it was just as bad in 1945?
        490 meters in 1941, 980 meters sometime in '43.

Comment

Thank you very much "Barbarosa`. Then do not stagnated development.
          It must have been calm the nerves a little Russian anyway ...

Comment

Actually

Thank you very much "Barbarosa`. Then do not stagnated development.
            It must have been calm the nerves a little Russian anyway ...
            They used American measurements, 500 and 1000 Yards, but the metric is close enough.

Comment

The American measurements ...
              Was it better in 1944?
              And where the same term prospects for the U.S. troops, when the Russians seemed to have access to their technology, or have I completely misunderstood it?
              Is it possible to translate the measurements of the same at it was at this distance they were able to meet their enemies?

Comment

Optics

The American measurements ...
                Was it better in 1944?
                And where the same term prospects for the U.S. troops, when the Russians seemed to have access to their technology, or have I completely misunderstood it?
                Is it possible to translate the measurements of the same at it was at this distance they were able to meet their enemies?
                No. It stayed the same for the rest of the war. Of course allied tanks sent to them had better optics but, and this would be conjecture, they had neither the inclination nor the facilities to create the type of optics produced by Zeiss.

Comment

Thank you very much Barbarossa.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X