Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Great Patriotic War. Day-by-day" vol.1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dann Falk View Post
    The question is, what is the link to the free online Sbornik Boevykh Dokumentov docs?
    http://tashv.nm.ru/SbornikBoevyhDokumentov/Issues.html

I also spent hours looking through the www.podvignaroda.mil.ru site. Good stuff, but it also has major record gaps on key dates, like June, July, Aug 1942. I hope they are still adding more files.
    Lets say they haven't uploaded anything for 1942 except a few records.
    I think I know why. Now a special commission is working in TsAMO, which again classifies documents. So, before they finish their work you won't see documents for 1942 and other years.
    To my information lots of documents for 1941, which could be ordered in TsAMO before now are again classified. Especially maps.

Now their arguments for protection are "We acts under the low for protection of personal data from the third persons".
    So, if some idiot, been for example, drunk made some crime during an attack nobody will never knew about this attack as such, and about other people, who heroically died in the course of it!!!!

Regards
    Alex
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Thanks Alex for the link and info about the podvignaroda.mil.ru site.

Do they know this was almost 70 years ago? All the major political and military leaders are long dead. Who are they trying to cover up for? I wish I could tell them to just release the records.....so frustrating

Dann

Comment

The question is, what is the link to the free online Sbornik Boevykh Dokumentov docs?

I also spent hours looking through the www.podvignaroda.mil.ru site. Good stuff, but it also has major record gaps on key dates, like June, July, Aug 1942. I hope they are still adding more files.
        http://ww2doc.50megs.com/Issues.html
        "If you have too firm a belief in the glories of soldiering, try a war."

Comment

Thanks Alex for the link and info about the podvignaroda.mil.ru site.

Do they know this was almost 70 years ago? All the major political and military leaders are long dead. Who are they trying to cover up for? I wish I could tell them to just release the records.....so frustrating

Dann
          Dann, I totally agree with you, but they have their own view on things.

a) Why to classify maps - to leave black diggers without material.
          (leaving all the others without those materials are of course much less evil due to them)

b) Why to close data containing any criminal even if most of those people are dead?
          Their answer looks approximately in the next way:
          There was a case, when a man came to archive searching for documents for death of his relative. He found that one to be shot for some crime (desert, panic, loosing of arms, or something else). And he started to search for people, who had judged his relative. That people died long ago, why you are doing this? - he was asked.
          - Yes, but their children are alive - replied he...
          So, frightened with this one and some other similar cases, when relatives of people who did some crimes learned about those ones (and people around them learned too) they decided to reduce headache to themselves and simply to classify all that records again...So, we have no chances to see them for... mmmm... approximately for the next 50 years...

Funny to say, all the procedures for classifying records started immediately after order of the Minister of Defense for DECLASSIFYING war records

Russian realities.....

Regards
          Alex

Comment

Now I have all 5 volumes which are issued!!!

Comment

Hi!
              Finally!!!
              I managed to buy the residual 4 volumes, which seems to be issued!
              It's fantastic to get those books in printed form! I thought I need to spend heaps of money and hours of time for scanning of them, brought by my friend from a library, but now I have ALL volumes 1-9!!!
              Still can't believe in this miracle!!!

volume 6 - July 01 - Dec. 31 1943
              volume 7 - Jan. 01 - June 30 1944
              volume 8 - July 01 - Dec. 31 1944
              volume 9 - Jan 01 - May 24 1945

If there exists the vol. 10 it definitely must cover Soviet-Japanese war. But I haven't heard about that one!

ATTENTION!
              Still exists possibility to get 7-9 volumes in printed form!
              Unfortunately I have lack of money to buy them right now by my own money, because they are rather expensive.
              If you are interested in getting them, please QUICKLY contact me.
              I was told probably only one volume 7 left in stock and one, or two volumes 8-9.

Regards
              Alex

Comment

So, now I have extra-copies of volumes 6,7,9
                THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE!!!

Alex

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X