• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian OrBat online

Hi all,
    Is this site a well-known one ?
    http://www.tashv.nm.ru/BoevojSostavS.../19410701.html
    It seems to give the Russian OrBat month by month on every Front.
    Is it good ? Tell me your opinion.
    I have hard times with translation but I can pick some infos.

Hope this is helpfull.

Staff Edit: All, be advised that this site may or may not request that you install software on your computer. I am not sayin it is good or bad, simply that you should proceed with caution.
    Last edited by Admiral; 19 Dec 09, 16:57.

I don't know one way or the other, mate, but I do know that the site was blocked by my system before it could install some sort of software.

I did not recieve any sort of negative alerts but, not being one fluent in Russian, I proceeded no further.

I wonder if any others might know more?

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

It is more simple than that.
      Just go to this address: http://www.tashv.nm.ru/BoevojSostavSA/
      There you will see the list of subdirectories for earch of the year from 1941 t o1945. Inside each of them is a relevant html file which you can open. Bingo.
      Kind regards
      Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
      * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
      * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Comment

It's among the most interesting sites containing useful information!
        I often use it for help of my friends..
        If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Originally posted by amvas View Post
          It's among the most interesting sites containing useful information!
          I often use it for help of my friends..

I have to agree! I didn't know of this site. Right off the bat, I found GKO Order No.1, which changed the future of the T-34, and the course of the war. I have much digging to do here.

Thanks for the link. This is the title page:

http://www.tashv.nm.ru/

Cheers
          Scott Fraser
          Ignorance is not the lack of knowledge. It is the refusal to learn.

A contentedly cantankerous old fart

Comment

This is an excellent site, full of goodies like the copies of the 'Combat Composition of the Red Army' you showed at first. Most of the information on this site I had collected in paper form over the years (1500 pages of the Combat Composition, copied from microfiche at ridiculous expense!), but I now go to the website for most of it - much faster than digging through ,y crates of paper files looking for it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X