• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazydima
    replied
    VDV Info

Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
    There are several works in English:

David Glantz, "The Soviet Airborne Experience", Combat Stuides Institute, Research Survey No. 4, Nov 1984. IIRC, it is available on line for downloading at CSI publications site. 80% of the monograph is WWII experience.

David Glantz, A History of Soviet Airborne Forces, 1994. Ten of 14 chapters is an expansion of more detail and operations than the above monograph.

R.N. Armstrong, Red Army Legacies, has a chapter on the Bukrin Drop.

All the above have citations and bibliographies of the all Soviet pubications to their respective publishing dates.

Hope this helps.

rna
    Armstrong,

Thank you for the listing.

As per my original post I already have obtained and read the following:

"The Soviet Airborne Experience" and "The History of Soviet Airborne Forces" by Glantz

Inside the Blue Berets" and "Red Army Handbook (chapter 5) by Zaloga

"Unfulfilled promise, The Soviet Airborne Forces 1928-1945" by Leroy Thompson.

I look forward to reading the chapter you wrote regarding the Bukrin Drop.

Again thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Dima

Leave a comment:

• crazydima
    replied
    VDV info

Originally posted by Erkki View Post
    Erkki,

Thank you for the links! I will try them out to see what I can find.

Again thank you for the help.

Sincerely,

Dima

Leave a comment:

• R.N. Armstrong
    replied
    There are several works in English:

David Glantz, "The Soviet Airborne Experience", Combat Stuides Institute, Research Survey No. 4, Nov 1984. IIRC, it is available on line for downloading at CSI publications site. 80% of the monograph is WWII experience.

David Glantz, A History of Soviet Airborne Forces, 1994. Ten of 14 chapters is an expansion of more detail and operations than the above monograph.

R.N. Armstrong, Red Army Legacies, has a chapter on the Bukrin Drop.

All the above have citations and bibliographies of the all Soviet pubications to their respective publishing dates.

Hope this helps.

rna

Leave a comment:

• Erkki
    replied
    Have you tried:

http://desantura.ru/
    http://www.agentura.ru/

Leave a comment:

• crazydima
    started a topic VDV - Soviet Airborne - Help!!!!!!

VDV - Soviet Airborne - Help!!!!!!

Fellow Enthusiasts,

I need help in finding detailed information regarding the VDV (Soviet Airborne) of the GPW aka WWII.

Thus far I have reached a point where I believe I have the basic background of and general organization of the VDV during the GPW.

I have already acquired articles and books such as "The Soviet Airborne Experience" and "The History of Soviet Airborne Forces" by Glantz, Inside the Blue Berets" and "Red Army Handbook (chapter 5) by Zaloga as well as "Unfulfilled promise" by Leroy Thompson, "Geronimo-Red Army Paras" on Lone Sentry.com and numerous internet articles and pics as well as some footage from "youtube." Heck I even have an article regarding Russian smoke jumpers of the 1930s written by Bruce Ford. All of this covers the basics.

However, I am looking for the really detailed information on uniforms, equipment, weapons, tactics, manuals, training films. My goal is to assemble a display for use at military re-enactments and militaria shows.

Ideally need to make contact with someone in Russia who also studies this field.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you for your time and attention on this matter.

Sincerely,

Dima
    (one in search of knowledge)

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X