This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shamil View Post
    If you mean the USSR in the above passage, then it is true. The USSR made a series of deals with the Third Reich becoming the main Nazi collaborant state that on par with Nazi Germany unleashed WWII.
    Shall we count all countries who did deals with Nazi Germany?

He implied forceful collectivisation/establishing collective farming in the USSR when mentioning "collective farming"
    It varied throughout the USSR, in some places the local administration was more eager to do it then other areas.
    “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Ahh, I see now. You and ShAA share similar ideologies. That explains it.
      With your eyes open, keyed up to top pitch, agile as a greyhound, tough as leather, hard as Krupp steel, you will be the embodiment of a German warrior.

- From "The Parachutist's Commandments", a German document issued to Fallschirmjager.

Comment

Originally posted by Tourniquet View Post
        Gee, that would be legitimate ShAA, except my father's friends are still IN RUSSIA, hence RUSSIAN COMPANY. You should know how to read, yes?
        A Russian company may just as well be a Russian firm/corporation operating abroad or a company of ethnic Russians sitting in a bar somewhere in Montana's countryside. Learn some English, man

Second, I have no doubts in my mind that you support the USSR, or at least major parts of it. Your constant support for its policies and actions shows that you are, indeed, a Russian who at least sympathizes for "the glorious union".
        Well, may you know I'm far from being unique in this respect. As for the "major parts", you seem to know zilch about the whole, so how would you judge. People lived their normal lives and many of them were even happy. Some of them were persecuted and killed for nothing. I have my own personal story and the stories of my parents and my grandparents, and it's really funny to see a snotty American guy pushing his uninformed opinion to someone who has firsthand knowledge on the subject.

How many confirmed cases of people disappearing from the US do you have?
        And how is it related to "What the Soviet people fought for"? Or anything else.

Also, please, answer those last few points I made. You know, the starvation and collective farming the USSR was so famous for doesn't really have much of a comparison here in America.
        But where am I comparing the SU to America? Am I saying it's better or what? Just tell me what's your point. If you expect a "strong condemnation/unquestionable support" answer, then sorry, I'm not your man.

But I suppose arguing with a USSR supporter is futile.
        Nope. It's only futile to argue with someone who has no understanding of what he's arguing about.

You will cling to your All Mighty leader to the death, and there is nothing I can do to stop that.
        Well, I would cling to someone if you gave me the name.
        www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Ahh, I see now.
          See... what ideologies?

You and ShAA share similar ideologies.
          Hey shAA! I didn´know you supported the Pirate party!

No seriusly, how do you know?

That explains it.
          Explains what?
          “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

P.S. The US government doesn't make millions of their own people disappear, starve millions more, make people work at the same rate for minimal pay, and force people to bow down.
            Excuse me???

I suspect there may be several million American Indians that would object to your statement. Strongly.

As for comparing the USA with the USSR, it's rather pointless. They are different countries, with different people and culture and history. And values.

It is a very slippery slope, to start projecting your values on another's society, and can lead to all sorts of catastrophes. There are actually forums around here named for some of them.

Scott Fraser
            Last edited by Scott Fraser; 23 Sep 09, 03:48.
            Ignorance is not the lack of knowledge. It is the refusal to learn.

A contentedly cantankerous old fart

Comment

Originally posted by Erkki View Post
              See... what ideologies?

Hey shAA! I didn´know you supported the Pirate party!

No seriusly, how do you know?

Explains what?

"ideology" is not an exact word. It is rather groundless, next to absolute admiring and whitewashing the states of the Russian Empire/USSR/RF out of some personal subjective preferences moulded by a lack of objective perception of reality and/or mental failures, ignorance. Our poor Russian forum members are mainly victims of their home Kremlin propagandist apparatus and appropriately imposed and maintained modes of behaviour, political-social thinking and perversed idea of the world combined with stale Muscovite chauvenism. The non-Russians who are funs of the the Russian Empire/USSR/RF pose a bit more complicated case. Apart from a lack of objective perception of reality, mental failures, ignorance their Russiamania can be also caused by communist/left views, dissatisfaction with the West (usually because they are losers in the West), by anti-americanism, by anti-Ukrainianism, or anti- any nation that viewed by Kremlin as hostile. In especially difficult cases (spread among some Serbs) it comes to viewing "Russia" as the incarnation of everything good that is in this world.
              Last edited by Shamil; 23 Sep 09, 05:16.

Comment

"ideology" is not an exact word. It is rather groundless, next to absolute admiring and whitewashing the states of the Russian Empire/USSR/RF out of some personal subjective preferences moulded by a lack of objective perception of reality and/or mental failures, ignorance. Our poor Russian forum members are mainly victims of their home Kremlin propagandist apparatus and appropriately imposed and maintained modes of behaviour, political-social thinking and perversed idea of the world combined with stale Muscovite chauvenism. The non-Russians who are funs of the the Russian Empire/USSR/RF pose a bit more complicated case. Apart from a lack of objective perception of reality, mental failures, ignorance their Russiamania can be also caused by communist/left views, dissatisfaction with the West (usually because they are losers in the West), by anti-americanism, by anti-Ukrainianism, or anti- any nation that viewed by Kremlin as hostile. In especially difficult cases (spread among some Serbs) it comes to viewing "Russia" as the incarnation of everything good that is in this world.
                Translation: everybody who doesn't hate Russia, doesn't think properly (like me) and is an idiot or a loser or both. Way to go, man!
                www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

In medicine it's called "paranoia".
                  No more comments on this crap
                  If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X