This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
    If you see no difference between "oppress" and "exterminate" there's no use in arguing with you. I remember one phrase of some guy from a Polish forum that delivered lots of "lulz" to the Russians: "It's better to be a piece of soap in the hands of a nice German frau than to suffer from these Asiatic barbarians"

There are no proof that Germans would have exterminated Russians. All these Slavs' extermination stories are a propagandist myth.
    Last edited by Shamil; 29 May 09, 07:23.

Comment

Originally posted by nikolas93TS View Post
      That is one of the stupidest comment I have ever heard....That poor guy know Polish are Slavs like Russians?

Indeed, astonishing isn't it.

I am sorry Shamil, there is plenty of proof illustrating Nazi attitudes towards the Slavs. Not the least the father of a friend of mine who was a Yugoslav partisan (Serb as it happens) and captured and sent to a forced labour camp in Austria. Western POWs, French, Dutch et.c were always far better treated than Slavic one, food, punishment meted out etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamil View Post
        All those who did not want to fight had plenty of opportunities to desert. They were not brought to the front-line in chains and did not have guards to watch after them. On the whole those who joined SS units or other combat formations underwent the same training as their German counterparts. For all I know there were no Ukrainian, Baltic, Croation, French, Scandinavian axis formations made up of POWs or prisoners forced to fight to avoid starvation or worse treatment.
        Well I guess I was not being very precise then, I was thinking more of the Hiwis not the SS Units.

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
          Indeed, astonishing isn't it.

I am sorry Shamil, there is plenty of proof illustrating Nazi attitudes towards the Slavs. Not the least the father of a friend of mine who was a Yugoslav partisan (Serb as it happens) and captured and sent to a forced labour camp in Austria. Western POWs, French, Dutch et.c were always far better treated than Slavic one, food, punishment meted out etc.

And what about Croats and Slovakians that created their states due to Nazis, What about Bulgaria that was the official German ally?
          Germany quickly released Ukrainian nationals that served in the Polish Army and were captured as POWs during German invasion of Poland.

The Serb you mentioned was likely in the Communist Tito forces. Lots of Serbs prefered to become chetniks and fight against Yugolsav partisans.

The Red Army POWs were mistakenly generalised as Bolsheviks or persons with the mentality of Bolshevik slaves and that were the reasons of their poor treatment.

Well I guess I was not being very precise then, I was thinking more of the Hiwis not the SS Units.
          Hiwis were not kept as prisoners in the German units either.
          Last edited by Shamil; 29 May 09, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
            While less openly brutal, many say the same for the US and the system it has imposed well...until now in the rest of the world.
            Yes you could say that, and to a large extent I agree. I don't believe America should be imposing itself all over the world. Our legitimate interests are largely confined to the Western Hemisphere.
            "To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
            --Marshal Józef Piłsudski

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
              If you see no difference between "oppress" and "exterminate" there's no use in arguing with you.
              You seem to be building up a strawman here, since I already acknowledged Stalin as the lesser of two evils. However, it's important to remember that the Soviet was as much brutal as the Nazis, only that they didnt indiscriminately kill people based solely on race.

Although we have incidents like the forced deportations of various ethnic groups like the Kalmyks to Siberia; which does parallel the Nazis to an extent.

In any case, I'm not engaging in some **** contest about which regime was more brutal.
              "To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
              --Marshal Józef Piłsudski

Comment

There always two sides to war. The victors and the vanquished.
                Both points of view matter to the individuals fighting in that war.

Comment

I think it's useless topic.
                  If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X