Interesting text about GPW myths during the cold war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting text about GPW myths during the cold war

Yet ever since the first days of the Cold War, there has been a concerted campaign to whitewash the Wehrmacht of participation in war crimes and to rehabilitate the generals who participated in it as enthusiastically as Hitler and the upper echelons of the Nazi Party. This resulted in the promulgation of many poisonous myths about the Eastern Front that are only now being laid to rest. I already wrote about several of these myths in my Top 10 Russophobe Myths
    http://www.sublimeoblivion.com/2009/...eastern-front/
    Last edited by Erkki; 10 May 09, 06:06.
    “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Well, it is the typical Russian official canonic reading of WWII. The author is a jewish student (http://www.sublimeoblivion.com/about/) moved from Russia to the West. He evidentally prefers to reveal Russophobic myths and show his Soviet-Russian patriotism by escaping to the adversary US. Such fellows are usually ready to accuse everyone of being Russophobs except the Russian-Soviet governments that has always treated Slavic Russians like rubbish. So the article may be interesting only as the example of sticking to canonic Kremlin version of GPW that does not differ from the Soviet one.
    Last edited by Shamil; 10 May 09, 06:45.

Comment

Who do you spell Jewish with little j but every other nationality with capital letter ? I think you done this a couple of times before aswell? Or is it just a coincidense?
      “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

The author's counting method for losses is also suspect, but that has been argued over ad nauseum in many other places.
        "If you have too firm a belief in the glories of soldiering, try a war."

Comment

Originally posted by Shamil View Post
          Well, it is the typical Russian official canonic reading of WWII. The author is a jewish student (http://www.sublimeoblivion.com/about/) moved from Russia to the West. He evidentally prefers to reveal Russophobic myths and show his Soviet-Russian patriotism by escaping to the adversary US. Such fellows are usually ready to accuse everyone of being Russophobs except the Russian-Soviet governments that has always treated Slavic Russians like rubbish. So the article may be interesting only as the example of sticking to canonic Kremlin version of GPW that does not differ from the Soviet one.
          So it all boils down to him being Jewish You could've saved some space by pointing out this fact only beside your regular drivel.
          www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
            So it all boils down to him being Jewish You could've saved some space by pointing out this fact only beside your regular drivel.
            In your case it boils down to being unable to say something about the article and advising me what to do in rather impolite manner. You want me to advise you what to do? Nothing else?

Comment

In your case it boils down to being unable to say something about the article and advising me what to do in rather impolite manner. You want me to advise you what to do? Nothing else?
              It was you who started "noticing" the ethnicity of the author while sauing absolutely nothing sensible on the subject. So go love yourself.
              www.histours.ru

Comment

It was you who started "noticing" the ethnicity of the author while sauing absolutely nothing sensible on the subject. So go love yourself.
                I haven't loved your mother yet. You behave so impolitely, you know.
                The background of any author is relevant to his text. If the text somehow deviates from the official Soviet history, please point out in which part.

Comment

I haven't loved your mother yet. You behave so impolitely, you know.
                  Yeah, you have loved yours a lot, that should be enough for you.
                  www.histours.ru

Comment

Why is that the first or best second thing you point out then?

Max Sterner

Comment

Originally posted by Erkki View Post
                      Why is that the first or best second thing you point out then?
                      So what's wrong with pointing out somebody's ethnicity? It is part of each person's background.

Comment

But it was as you said totaly unrelated to the text! And knowing your history it is a little more then just that, how is it with J and j?

Max Sterner

Comment

Yeah, you have loved yours a lot, that should be enough for you.
                          Don't think that I behave like you

Comment

Shamil, your little arguments with Emil shows exactly the opposit

Max Sterner

Comment

Originally posted by Erkki View Post
                              But it was as you said totaly unrelated to the text!
                              The background of the author of the text is unrelated to the text? How is it possible?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X