Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin's note-current state of art

Hi!

Have to say a few words about current state of art.
    Last months were very hard for me, because I needed to prepare 2 courses in two different universities. They are more than 20 lectures and approximately the same number of laboratory works. Also I got two students engaged on degree thesis and some other kind of duties.
    Thus I was not able even to make minimal updates on my site.
    But hope after all of this finishes (in June) I'm abel to make some updates for the site! I got enormous number of new materials, spent more than $1000 (in total) for different kinds of books and other documents. So, hope to proceed processing them when I get a small pause.

Regards
    Alex
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Sounds good Alex

Just do the best you usually do and you will be fine my friend.

Cheers, any chance the new updates might include specific tank (by model) losses throughout WW II in the Eastern front for the Russians?

Tom

Best of luck on all that work your putting in!!

Comment

Wow such a busy guy Alex! Take your time and thanks for all your hard work!

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
        Just do the best you usually do and you will be fine my friend.

Cheers, any chance the new updates might include specific tank (by model) losses throughout WW II in the Eastern front for the Russians?

Tom

Best of luck on all that work your putting in!!
        No, I think I devote the next few updates for maps

Comment

Your work is appreciated, AMVAS

Comment

Originally posted by amvas View Post
            No, I think I devote the next few updates for maps

Roger that, amybe the folllowing update, and do you have any ifo like that, specific Russian tank losses per type of vehcle perhaps?

Cheers

Tom

Comment

Roger that, amybe the folllowing update, and do you have any ifo like that, specific Russian tank losses per type of vehcle perhaps?

Cheers

Tom
              No, I have no general statistics for tank losses by types

Comment

Bummer

Thanks for looking though, any suggestions where I could locate some perhaps?

Cheers

Tom

Comment

Thanks for looking though, any suggestions where I could locate some perhaps?

Cheers

Tom
                  I think if any statistics exists it's not gathered in one place. As usual it must be dissolved smong other documents

Comment

Aarrggg

Originally posted by amvas View Post
                    I think if any statistics exists it's not gathered in one place. As usual it must be dissolved smong other documents
                    That figures, a dead end unless one reads Russian I bet as well...

Cheers, double AAARRGG!!!

Tom

Comment

Do you mean how many T-34s, T-70s, SU-76s, etc. were lost for the entire war?
                      "If you have too firm a belief in the glories of soldiering, try a war."

Comment

Yes

I saw this from a past thread at The Dupuy Institute Forums.

From Zaloga's Red Army Hand book, he gives a total of 83,000 tanks lost during the war.

Then the same poster from Krivosheev's "Grif Sekretnoski Smiat"

1941 - 20,500 tanks lost

1942 - 15,000 tanks and 100 Assault guns lost

1943 - 22,400 tanks and 11,000 Assault guns lost

1944 - 16,900 tanks and 6,800 Assault guns lost

1945 - 8,700 tanks and 5,000 Assault guns lost

So that adds up to the 83,500 tanks and 22,900 Assault guns lost in total for WW II, not per type though....

Cheers, any thoughts on this guys, and does anyone have these 2 books that may go into the "numbers" a bit more?

Tom

Comment

And another thread with more stats

From Zalaga's book again

Tank production

Russian---------------- German

1941 - 6,274******** 3,256

1942 - 24,639******* 4,276

1943 - 19,959******* 5,966

1944 - 16,975******* 9,161

1945 - 4,384******** 1,098

Next the loss rate for each (Germans being losses from the Eastern front only it said) sides tanks

Russian---------------German

1941 - 20,500******2,758

1942 - 15,000******2,648

1943 - 22,400******6,362

1944 - 16,900******6,434

1945 - 8,700*******7,382

And the inventory of tanks for these years

Russian---------------German

1941 - 22.600******5,261

1942 - 7,700*******4,896

1943 - 20,600******5,648

1944 - 21,100******5,266

1945 - 25,400******6,248

Very interesting numbers, not sure if the Lend-Lease and other things (many other htings I think), for both sides were included, Stugs and all of the other SP armoured vehicles.

Cheers, Zaloga used these for his Russian numbers sources, any sound familiar to anyone by chance?

Sovetski tankovye voyska 1941-1945 - by Krupchenko, I, Ye.

Stroitelstvoi boyevoye primenente sovetskikh tankovikh voysk vgody VOV, by loik.OA

50-letniyu pobedy u VOV 1941-1945; staticheskiy sbornik, by Somov, Z, A.

Tom

Sorry for "hi-jacking" the thread Alex!!
                          Last edited by TRDG; 02 May 09, 20:41.

Comment

Folks, long ago information about tank production by types and even by plants was placed on my site
                            http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/w...production.htm
                            http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/w...tion_20_41.htm

Don't bore me with Zaloga's figures, when there exists much more accurate ones

Regards
                            Alex

Comment

Kinda why

I am seeing how the numbers from different places match up or don't. So I would asume here Alex that the lost tanks might be a bit different if there are other sources.

Cheers, I'm not trying to "bore you" here, or anyone else, but an interesting subject to some, including me. LOL

Tom

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X