Amazing Soviet War Paintings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Soviet War Paintings

I've seen Soviet war art, certainly the propaganda posters, but only a few of the type shown here...fantastic.

http://www.allworldwars.com/Soviet%2...Paintings.html

Nice find Joea!
    Two others I don´t think was in that collection.

“For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

I'd love to get a print of the Nurse Natasha painting by "N. But." I don't suppose anybody knows the full artist name or where prints can be had?

Comment

Wow

Now this is a great find joea, thanks for posting this up!!!

Cheers, any more? if so please please post another link!!!!

SWEET!!

Tom

Comment

Outstanding site

Awesome paintings that really tell the story of the war in the east.

"Shotdown " is an interesting one.

Thanks for the info.
          " Gentlemen , you can't fight in here! This is the War Room" :
          President Mirkin Muffley, in Dr. Strangelove.

Comment

Hear, hear! Thanks for the link!
            Dives sum, si non reddo eis quibus debeo.
            I am a rich man as long as I don't pay my creditors.
            Titus Maccius Plautus (c. 254-184 BCE), "Curculio"

Comment

Originally posted by irontoad View Post
              Awesome paintings that really tell the story of the war in the east.

"Shotdown " is an interesting one.

Thanks for the info.
              Yeah, that one stuck out for me too and not because the pilot is portrayed so close to the ground. It's the steel girders sticking out of the ground that grabbed my eye. The detail and rendering of the corroded steel is a stark contrast to the rather cartoon-like portrayal of the smoke from the crashing plane.
              I'm thinking that these works were 'approved' as politically 'sound' at the time of their execution which makes them propaganda is well as the more usual, printed types we're more used to. I've seen a few of these before.
              Notice that there are two images entitled 'Native Land' and in both, the main figure is shown gripping the soil...one in death and one alive.
              Awesome stuff, now in my favourites. Thanks joea.
              Peace.
              The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
              Sideshow Bob.

Comment

You need to go to Stalingrad and Moscow and see the wall murals at the big museums there if you want to see impressive paintings, especially stalingrad and the panorama.

Comment

More great paintings, not from WW2 thought: http://ir-ingr.livejournal.com/406279.html
                  “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Very nice, thanks for the link.
                    "This isn't Paris, you will not get through here with a Marching Parade!" Defenders of Stalingrad
                    "Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out... and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel.... And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man" - with his mouth". Mark Twain
                    "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.” Voltaire

Comment

never seen the war paintings but i have seen the propaganda posters many times before
                      Oh Sure The Old Man's Off His Rocker If Grampa Says He's Dead He Must Be Alive
                      Grampa Simpson

Comment

..that is some of the most moving pictures of that conflict i think i have ever seen, thank you so much for posting these, quite extrodinary, the story they tell , without a word being spoken.....

Comment

Pictures of the surprise attack of Soviet tanks on Tatsinskaya airfield during Operation Uranus. I took this pictire in the Battle of Stalingrad Panorama Museum - and its just one of several large panoramas they have there, not counting the grand diorama of the capture of Mamaev Hill on January 26, 1943.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Some other diorama pictures. I was in a hurry to see the Mamayev Hill as I only had a few hours in the city, so I didn't write down dioramas' names. I guess some of the forum's members may be able to identify them.

www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

A beautyful slide show

Comment

Another Awesome Slideshow

It starts with Russia's early history and ends with the GPW.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X