Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A place for your wishes

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A place for your wishes

    Hi, all!
    :terms:

    I'm opening a new poll. What section you'd like to update first.
    Heh, of course I know that the most polular sections are Maps and Battles, but here you can place some comments

    93
    Maps
    29.03%
    27
    Battles
    19.35%
    18
    Formations
    18.28%
    17
    Structure
    6.45%
    6
    Galleries
    8.60%
    8
    Weapons
    12.90%
    12
    Uniform
    5.38%
    5
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

  • #2
    I wish for Alyssa Milano.

    But until I get her, I would love to see more maps of Russian battles,as detailed as you can get 'em.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

    Comment


    • #3
      Maps and battles please.
      http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

      Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

      Comment


      • #4
        Results of Vote:

        Wargamers....!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dannybou
          Maps and battles please.
          Firstly maps, they are more easy to process
          As for battles, the advantage will be given to tables, as for the most simple forms of data...
          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for this opportunity.

            The three things I would like to see more of are:

            1. Maps, they do not need to be fully translated. Maybe just the title, date and location.

            2. Battle information, tables are OK.

            3. Original documents relating to different battles or command decisions. Anything that would help us understand how and why decisions were made. How troops were moved, supplied, losses, equipment, rebuilt formations, and so on...

            All of these would be great. We also need to be able to site the original source of the information.

            Thanks again for a Wonderful web site!
            :thumb:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dann Falk

              3. Original documents relating to different battles or command decisions. Anything that would help us understand how and why decisions were made. How troops were moved, supplied, losses, equipment, rebuilt formations, and so on...
              Excellent addition! Documentation that gives us all an insight into the mindset of the Russian soldiers during combat. Official and unofficial government items, oral histories from soldiers and civilians, maybe even old news articles.
              Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dann Falk
                Thanks for this opportunity.

                The three things I would like to see more of are:

                1. Maps, they do not need to be fully translated. Maybe just the title, date and location.


                Its one of the main my sections. Still tons of unprocessed maps...

                2. Battle information, tables are OK.
                Just yesterday I received at last new sources for Stalingrad 1942 and Leningrad 1941


                3. Original documents relating to different battles or command decisions. Anything that would help us understand how and why decisions were made. How troops were moved, supplied, losses, equipment, rebuilt formations, and so on...
                I can't rival with such monsters as militera.lib.ru and docs.vif2.ru.
                they give enough raw materials. I use them for my map section for example, as it's hard for foreigns to find them inside PDF type Russian documents

                All of these would be great. We also need to be able to site the original source of the information.
                I always cite my sources. But I can't publish them fro some reasons (copyright law and shortage of time)

                Thanks again for a Wonderful web site!
                :thumb:
                Always welcome
                If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  I wish I had come here a long time ago. This is a great forum. I will be back.

                  I marked "structure" as one of my many choices (I must be in Chicago, with all of those votes), but I interpret that as Orders of Battle, which I hope is what you mean.

                  I will be back!

                  JS
                  Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                  Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


                  "Never pet a burning dog."

                  RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                  http://www.mormon.org
                  http://www.sca.org
                  http://www.scv.org/
                  http://www.scouting.org/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Janos
                    I wish I had come here a long time ago. This is a great forum. I will be back.

                    I marked "structure" as one of my many choices (I must be in Chicago, with all of those votes), but I interpret that as Orders of Battle, which I hope is what you mean.

                    I will be back!

                    JS
                    thx, Janos. Now this forum isn't much active. This give me time for uploadung more materials on the site.

                    "Structure" section to my mind is more close to TO&E (if I'm correct) and devoted to staff of some types of units.
                    I was a bit surprised watching such interest to it...

                    "Formation" section is more close to OOB, but also covers some historical subjects and equipment or strength reports.
                    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      the battle information you have is good, but you need to make a page for stalingrad.
                      -c.m.ansley
                      To whispers of Beethoven...

                      "Mein Gott! Die Invasion. Sie kommen!"
                      -Werner Pluskat

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by C.M. Ansley
                        the battle information you have is good, but you need to make a page for stalingrad.
                        -c.m.ansley
                        Just now I'm occupied with creating such one, but it has too much volume to be finished quickly
                        If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by amvas
                          thx, Janos. Now this forum isn't much active. This give me time for uploadung more materials on the site.

                          "Structure" section to my mind is more close to TO&E (if I'm correct) and devoted to staff of some types of units.
                          I was a bit surprised watching such interest to it...

                          "Formation" section is more close to OOB, but also covers some historical subjects and equipment or strength reports.
                          I can go along with those definitions.

                          I have particular interest (since I'm wishing) in the Battles of Budapest and Berlin (all that late-war stuff), counter-partisan warfare in the Balkans (altho' I'm not sure that fits in this forum), and in the role of the "little countries" (i.e., everyone on the Eastern [Western for the Russians] Front that's not a German or a Russian).

                          JS
                          Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                          Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


                          "Never pet a burning dog."

                          RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                          http://www.mormon.org
                          http://www.sca.org
                          http://www.scv.org/
                          http://www.scouting.org/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Janos
                            I can go along with those definitions.

                            I have particular interest (since I'm wishing) in the Battles of Budapest and Berlin (all that late-war stuff), counter-partisan warfare in the Balkans (altho' I'm not sure that fits in this forum), and in the role of the "little countries" (i.e., everyone on the Eastern [Western for the Russians] Front that's not a German or a Russian).

                            JS
                            Heh... I noticed much interest to Hungarian battles
                            I have a few books in Russian about them. Almost all (except single one) in e-form (PDF) and in Russian...Two are quite rare - 1957-58 years.
                            Berlin battle - almost only maps..had no time for more thorough research. One book about Balkanes "Belgrade operation" whic covers not this operation, but a bit more.....
                            Also some more materials presents, but now can't briefly describe them all
                            If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by amvas
                              Heh... I noticed much interest to Hungarian battles
                              I have a few books in Russian about them. Almost all (except single one) in e-form (PDF) and in Russian...Two are quite rare - 1957-58 years.
                              Berlin battle - almost only maps..had no time for more thorough research. One book about Balkanes "Belgrade operation" whic covers not this operation, but a bit more.....
                              Also some more materials presents, but now can't briefly describe them all
                              I look forward to seeing some of the results (translated please).

                              I visited Budapest a few years ago and went to Castle Hill (Budavar). I saw where the last German and Hungarian defenders went down fighting the Russians and Romanians. I also went to the little park that they used to land aircraft.

                              JS
                              Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                              Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


                              "Never pet a burning dog."

                              RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                              http://www.mormon.org
                              http://www.sca.org
                              http://www.scv.org/
                              http://www.scouting.org/

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X