• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T26 information?

hi, after i have read this:
    http://www.armchairgeneral.com/rkkaw...ies/T-26_1.htm

here by reading info over
    T-26 equipped with mixed weapons. (on upper-down view one turret isn't shown)

T-26 equipped with mixed armaments. (one turret is omitted on the plan elevation.) [3]
    So here, i would ask if you don't have blueprint from T-26 B model (so blueprint from prototype version)

so turret is not forgot or ommited on plan, because, the T-26 B (prototype) have just 1 single turret. same configuration as OT-26, but armament was 37mm gun.

T-26B:

Prototype was built with a 37 mm gun in the left turret and the right turret was removed. This proved unsatisfactory and a turret similar to the BT tanks was installed.
    this is explain on http://www.wwiivehicles.com/ussr/tanks-light/t-26.asp

Now alex can't this are possible that plan coming from this previous prototype version?
    because the serial T-26 B1 also later version should have this.
    T-26B-1:

Initially had a cylindrical turret with a 37 mm gun. Later vehicles had a 45 mm gun in a cast mantlet.

One turret was installed as it was discovered that by putting the 37 mm gun in one of the 2 turreted models, one of the turrets could break from the stress. Early models had 37 mm. The seats of the commander and loader were still attached to the floor and didn't revolve with the turret. The hull was welded.
    And so you'r photo from T-26 with mixed gun should are T-26 A-5, but here i have confusion.
    is explain:
    T-26A5:

Two turrets with a long 37 mm in the right turret and an air cooled MG in the left turret.8
    but on you'r historical photo from page over t26, i think this are short barrel, and nothing a long 37mm gun.
    model on photo is 37mm B3 gun, same model we are on photo from kubinka museum.

Or can't you have more information about difference between Length from short or from this described Long barrel?
    what denomination have use historical hotchkiss gun into Russian area Ps-2? because i have many read, after used hotchkiss gun, this change on Russian 37mm gun.
    can't this are B-3 gun?

can't this are possible that hotchkiss gun was short barrel to comparison of Russian version?
    can't are any from this two designed a long barrel?
    Last edited by leclerc1944; 13 Jul 08, 17:57.

Hi

Originally posted by leclerc1944 View Post
    You quote outdated version of the T-26 page.
    for blueprints I made a special section:
    http://www.armchairgeneral.com/rkkaw...T-26M31_bp.htm

here by reading info over

So here, i would ask if you don't have blueprint from T-26 B model (so blueprint from prototype version)
    Grrr... I never use western designation of the Soviet tank models.

so turret is not forgot or ommited on plan, because, the T-26 B (prototype) have just 1 single turret. same configuration as OT-26, but armament was 37mm gun.
    In my sources, I couldn't find such sort of prototypes.
    It's clear that one turred is omitted on the blueprint, but not removed in reality.

I use only Russian sources. Western are often confusing ones...

Now alex can't this are possible that plan coming from this previous prototype version?
    because the serial T-26 B1 also later version should have this.
    No, it can't be mistake.

And so you'r photo from T-26 with mixed gun should are T-26 A-5, but here i have confusion.
    is explain:
    What is called "A5" version might be twin-turreted T-26 with B-3 gun

but on you'r historical photo from page over t26, i think this are short barrel, and nothing a long 37mm gun.
    model on photo is 37mm B3 gun, same model we are on photo from kubinka museum.
    Short gun is 37-mm Hotchkiss gun.

Or can't you have more information about difference between Length from short or from this described Long barrel?
    what denomination have use historical hotchkiss gun into Russian area Ps-2? because i have many read, after used hotchkiss gun, this change on Russian 37mm gun. can't this are B-3 gun?

can't this are possible that hotchkiss gun was short barrel to comparison of Russian version?
    can't are any from this two designed a long barrel?
    PS-1 was name for improved Hotchkiss gun
    PS-2 was designed by P. Syachintov

B-3 gun hwas based on the 37mm Rheinmetall AT gun and PS-2's gunstock.
    As production of B-3 guns ran very slowly (ordered in 1931 300 guns were completed only in 1933) since spring 1932 Hotchkiss guns were mounted on T-26s. those guns had absolute majority of twin-turret gun T-26s.
    The number of T-26 armed with B-3 was about 20-30 vehicles.

regards
    Alex
    Last edited by amvas; 14 Jul 08, 00:49.
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

ok many thank's amvas that this is cleared.

so now all i have all understand.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X