T-34-76 in Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-34-76 in Ukraine

1.) Alex, TRDG: as more info becomes available, I will offer my opnion on the provenance of this tank. I am involved in a research project to do precisely that to determine the "spotting features" of different T-34s, and (the goal) to determine when and where such changes were made. It is not an easy task.

2.) Alex, good job to close the original thread. Такового нам не нужно.

Heribert, Paul, whatever your differences, take them offline. Exchange addresses, and whoever receives the first dead skunk in the mail loses.

(My) Rule One Comments on what a person SAYS are fair game. Comments on what a person IS are not allowed. Go find a private place to **** on each other. Perhaps if you both get very wet, you will realize how stupid your antics are. Enough! Genug! Хватить! Basta! Take it to the playground!

Getting back to the tank, it is a wonderful discovery. There are so many unanswered questions about the 'thirty-four, another original example is a wonderful thing. Davai we look at the tank, see what it is, and try and place it with what we know about T-34s. We may learn something, and even if we don't, we can place it in context and have a better understanding of T-34s.

Cheers,
    Scott Fraser
    Last edited by Scott Fraser; 07 Jul 08, 13:31. Reason: typos
    Ignorance is not the lack of knowledge. It is the refusal to learn.

A contentedly cantankerous old fart

Originally posted by Scott Fraser View Post
    1.) Alex, TRDG: as more info becomes available, I will offer my opnion on the provenance of this tank. I am involved in a research project to do precisely that — to determine the "spotting features" of different T-34s, and (the goal) to determine when and where such changes were made. It is not an easy task.
    So, you must have some good books in your collection like Frontline Illustration ("T-34 from top to bottom"), "T-34 of Uralvagonzavod" and others...

2.) Alex, good job to close the original thread. Такового нам не нужно.
    I prefer when topics are kept in the subject...

Getting back to the tank, it is a wonderful discovery. There are so many unanswered questions about the 'thirty-four, another original example is a wonderful thing. Davai we look at the tank, see what it is, and try and place it with what we know about T-34s. We may learn something, and even if we don't, we can place it in context and have a better understanding of T-34s.

Cheers,
    Scott Fraser
    That's ther eason I still had no forces to make any pages about the T-34s.
    Too many models and modifications Moreover, every plant had own features for their vehicles...

Regards
    Alex
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Too bad the other thread degenerated and had to be closed, the subject matter (T-34 discovered) seemed very promising.

One day, I would like to think that there will be a single definitive source on this fascinating tank, translated into english. I live in hope.
      "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
      Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

Sounds great Scott!!

As you noticed, there has not been some nice posts on some pretty good threads, I think more for entertainment value or boredom if nothing else. That said, I applaude your efforts here and this is another good thread started in this forum as it is intended to be!!

Cheers, to some great upcoming posts!!

TRDG

Tom Young

Comment

Originally posted by amvas View Post

So, you must have some good books in your collection like Frontline Illustration ("T-34 from top to bottom"), "T-34 of Uralvagonzavod" and others...

I prefer when topics are kept in the subject...

That's ther eason I still had no forces to make any pages about the T-34s.
          Too many models and modifications Moreover, every plant had own features for their vehicles...

Regards
          Alex
          Hi Alex. I have those books you mention, as well as many more.

As for the tank, you are quite correct there are very many variations, and trying to sort them out is a challenge. Nevertheless, we have a research group of perhaps twenty people from around the world who are very knowledgeable regarding the T-34, and we hope to catalogue the many changes and establish a timeline for when they were introduced. You are more than welcome to what we discover, and perhaps we may be able to help you with your pages on the T-34. So far, with the help of people like Sergei Kirsanov and Mikhail Sevrin, we have good information on the "pirozhki" tanks, and are moving into the hex-turret variants.

TRDG, I share your disappointment at the lack of a definitive study of the T-34 in English. You (we) are not alone. There is no definitive book in Russian, either, at least none that I have seen, and at this point I have perhaps forty books specifically on the T-34 . . . One of the goals of our group is to collect the data required to write such a book, and we are making slow progress.

This particular tank is another clue. Sooner or later someone will inspect the bow girder and we will have the serial number, which will date production and give the factory where it was assembled. Another piece of the puzzle.

In fact, that is the best description trying to document the T-34 is like a jigsaw puzzle, where the pieces are scattered all through the house, and there are only the vaguest clues as to where they may be found.

Cheers
          Scott Fraser
          Ignorance is not the lack of knowledge. It is the refusal to learn.

A contentedly cantankerous old fart

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Fraser View Post
            "TRDG, I share your disappointment at the lack of a definitive study of the T-34 in English. You (we) are not alone. There is no definitive book in Russian, either, at least none that I have seen, and at this point I have perhaps forty books specifically on the T-34 . . . One of the goals of our group is to collect the data required to write such a book, and we are making slow progress.

This particular tank is another clue. Sooner or later someone will inspect the bow girder and we will have the serial number, which will date production and give the factory where it was assembled. Another piece of the puzzle.

In fact, that is the best description trying to document the T-34 is like a jigsaw puzzle, where the pieces are scattered all through the house, and there are only the vaguest clues as to where they may be found."
            Erm.... actually, that was me (not TRDG) but thanks for the answer anyway. I'd like to be 'in' on this whole effort in some small way, if that's at all possible - even if it's only to be able to see your progress from time to time. I've always been greatly enthused by the T-34 and studying its many variations. Unravelling the confusion in existing publications has been entertaining enough on its own so far!
            "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
            Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
              Adults Rashid Dostur
              by casanova
              The Warlord Abdul Rashid Dostur came back to Afghanistan and was promoted to military marshal by the Afghanian president Ashraf Ghani. ...
              Today, 00:48
            • casanova
              Alouette III
              by casanova
              The military helicopter Alouette Iii will be staioned off duty in 1923 because of oldness by the Austrian airforce. The Austrian airfoce wants to buy...
              Today, 00:22
            • casanova
              Israel Army
              by casanova
              The Israelian Army stationed all airdefencesystens, tanks and soldiers on the Liban and Syrian border. The Iran wants to attack Israel. Arabian terrorists...
              Yesterday, 23:15
            Working...
            X