X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint Jeremy
    replied
    Sites Loading

Here is way to get websites to load faster. I have Broadband.
    :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Trommelfeuer
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Oliver
    I finally got the website.
    I don't really agree with the author's claim that Red Army infantry with grenades and Molotovs were responsible for most KO'd panzers during Zitadelle.:crazy:
    I would say it was mines and short-range AT guns which did the most damage to German AFVs, followed by tanks and field/heavy artillery. Keep in mind it's not necessary to achieve penetration to KO a tank. All you need is a track/engine hit and the AFV is temporarily out-of-action.

Yup, I agree with you.

BTW, to use babelfish, try;
    1.Copy the Cyrillic text
    2.Open a new, blank Word document
    3.Edit/Paste Special/(As Unformatted (unicode) text
    4.Copy THIS text and paste into the Babelfish window and... voila! It should work.
    Thank you for the tip Sean! But I'm far too lazy for so much action... so I tried another internet translation service : World Lingo - and it works with the Prokhorovka-Battle-Narod.ru site !

Regards, Sven

Leave a comment:

• amvas
    replied
    Re: arrgghh! Narod.ru sites

Is there a way to make narod sites load faster? I waited 15 mins for that link to open, and it didn't.
    If you means my http//rkkaww2.narod.ru to the only way to make it faster, to use mirror
    http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com
    No other ways to affect on Narod.ru neither from my side, nor from anybody's else from its users

If you want to see the site which was cited above, the only way to make it quicker is to download it using any offline browser and then brows through it offline.
    Narod.ru proved to be damn slow hoster, but providing the best conditions in the free size for the sites

Leave a comment:

• Sean Oliver
    replied
    I finally got the website.
    I don't really agree with the author's claim that Red Army infantry with grenades and Molotovs were responsible for most KO'd panzers during Zitadelle.:crazy:
    I would say it was mines and short-range AT guns which did the most damage to German AFVs, followed by tanks and field/heavy artillery. Keep in mind it's not necessary to achieve penetration to KO a tank. All you need is a track/engine hit and the AFV is temporarily out-of-action.

BTW, to use babelfish, try;
    1.Copy the Cyrillic text
    2.Open a new, blank Word document
    3.Edit/Paste Special/(As Unformatted (unicode) text
    4.Copy THIS text and paste into the Babelfish window and... voila! It should work.

Leave a comment:

• Trommelfeuer
    replied
    Re: arrgghh! Narod.ru sites

Is there a way to make narod sites load faster? I waited 15 mins for that link to open, and it didn't.
    Sorry, if there is a solution to load the sites faster, I'm not aware of it. I have a flatrate, but it still takes 3-5 minutes for me until I see the site...:sleep:

Regards, Sven

Leave a comment:

• Sean Oliver
    replied
    arrgghh! Narod.ru sites

Leave a comment:

• Trommelfeuer
    replied
    Aye, thanks for the correction Andrey!

Regards, Sven

Leave a comment:

• Andrey
    replied
    Originally posted by Trommelfeuer
    -*2nd Voronezh Front*
    - 48x MK-4 "Churchill";
    - 47x MK-2 "Mathilda" and MK-3 "Valentine";
    - 133x М-3 "General Lee";

*5th Guards Tank Army*
    - 41x MK-4 "Churchill";

source: Prokhorovka battle

Regards, Sven
    There is no "2nd Voronezh Front", there is "Voronezh Front"

5th Guard Tank Army was part of Steppe Front (in reserve in rear) in start of battle but was transfered in Voronezh Front during battle after first German successes in south part of Kursk Arche.

Leave a comment:

• Trommelfeuer
    replied
    - Did Russian use Flamethrower Tanks OT34 and KV8 ? If Yes, numbers and units if you know of course !!
    - good question...next question...

- Does the number of KV1s is known as far as now (units involved ?)
    - twenty-five KV-1s ( 5th guard tank army: 1x KV-1; 2nd Voroneshh front: 24x KV-1; )

- How many T-60 fought during the period 5-15 July of Kursk ?
    - thirty-six T-60s;

- Quantities and type of Marder used by german Army ?
    ...I mean Marder II
    MarderII(76,2mm)
    Marder III (76,2mm)
    Marder IIIh
    Marder IIIm
    - fifty-five Marder IIs;
    - fourty-eight Marder IIIs;
    - IIIh & IIIm ... ?

- Numbers and German units using STUH42
    (Any in SS Div ?)
    - ... dunno...

- Units using Lend-Lease equipment ?)
    *Voronezh Front*
    - 48x MK-4 "Churchill";
    - 47x MK-2 "Mathilda" and MK-3 "Valentine";
    - 133x М-3 "General Lee";

*5th Guards Tank Army*
    - 41x MK-4 "Churchill";

BUT - Babelfish doesn't work with this source, and I didn't learn the russian language...so don't count to much on these infos until russian speaking gentlemen check the source....

source: Prokhorovka battle

Regards, Sven

Leave a comment:

• amvas
    replied
    Re: Ro-Ro-Ro-Rollmops!

Originally posted by Trommelfeuer
    Maybe Babelfish can handle it!

* Battle near Kursk Brief description. From the experience it is combat patriotic war. Military- historical Division Of General Staff Of the Red Army. - Moscow: Military Publishing house Of the People's Commissariat Of oborony, 1945. - - 96 s. 18 diagrams (signed into pech. 23.4.45) v to the book of 18 diagrams, from which five (5, 11, 12, 17 and 18) are given in the application, rest - in the text. ( Babelfish Translation )

Regards, Sven
    I saw that book and can't name it much informative....
    It's better to check document links (Orders and other documents
    http://docs.vif2.ru/
    http://ww2doc.50megs.com/Issues.html

but there exists a huge heap of them in Russian. Not all can be automatically translated...
    I'll try in the next updates to extract at least maps from them....

Leave a comment:

• yann
    replied
    Re: Ro-Ro-Ro-Rollmops!

Thanks you for help Sven !

I ll try to find out something there ...!!

Yann

Leave a comment:

• Trommelfeuer
    replied
    Ro-Ro-Ro-Rollmops!

Originally posted by amvas
    I consider that he doesn't know Russian and can "swim" in that ocean of info in Militers. Besides I'm not sure that militera contains strength reports which he need

Maybe Babelfish can handle it!

* Battle near Kursk Brief description. From the experience it is combat patriotic war. Military- historical Division Of General Staff Of the Red Army. - Moscow: Military Publishing house Of the People's Commissariat Of oborony, 1945. - - 96 s. 18 diagrams (signed into pech. 23.4.45) v to the book of 18 diagrams, from which five (5, 11, 12, 17 and 18) are given in the application, rest - in the text. ( Babelfish Translation )

Regards, Sven

Leave a comment:

• amvas
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Kursk mysteries !

Originally posted by Andrey
    May be, he speaks about light tanks commonly?

And more, I recommend for French guy to visit militera.lib.ru where there are HUGE amount o FREE history data.
    I consider that he doesn't know Russian and can "swim" in that ocean of info in Militers. Besides I'm not sure that militera contains strength reports which he need

Leave a comment:

• Andrey
    replied
    Re: Re: Kursk mysteries !

Originally posted by amvas
    T-60 seemed to be replaced by T-70, but some amount could still existed, (damn strength reports, how I need them )
    May be, he speaks about light tanks commonly?

And more, I recommend for French guy to visit militera.lib.ru where there are HUGE amount o FREE history data.

Leave a comment:

• amvas
    replied
    Re: Kursk mysteries !

Originally posted by yann
    Hi everybody

Ia m a French Fan of the Kursk battle,
    could you give me some helps about dollwing stuffs ?

- Did Russian use Flamethrower Tanks OT34 and KV8 ? If Yes, numbers and units if you know of course !!

- Does the number of KV1s is known as far as now (units involved ?)

- How many T-60 fought during the period 5-15 July of Kursk ?

- Quantities and type of Marder used by german Army ?
    ...I mean Marder II
    MarderII(76,2mm)
    Marder III (76,2mm)
    Marder IIIh
    Marder IIIm

- Numbers and German units using STUH42
    (Any in SS Div ?)

- Units using Lend-Lease equipment ?

... AND THE HARDEST ONE :
    Approximative quantities of each following tank in soviet army ?

T-34 M42
    T-34 M43

Thank you very much indeed.

those who can answer to these questions are real gods

Thanks.

SPASIBO BOL'SHOIE. ochen nadeius na oyvet

Yann

Hello, Yann

Unfortunately you need too specified info
    I can't be sure that I obtain such. Mayb in unprocessed books on my CD some things may be found, but now hardly I'll be able t find them...maybe later..

I asked my friend about flamethrowers in the Kursk battle..maybe he knows if there were separate tank battalions of them in use

To check the number of KV-1s one need to obtain strength reports of Soviet Tank units. Now again I don't obtain such

Lend-lease tanks were used, but now I can't cite exact data, again need strength reports which seems to be missed in my collection or maybe hiden in some deep corner

T-60 seemed to be replaced by T-70, but some amount could still existed, (damn strength reports, how I need them )

It's very hard to distinguish T-34M42 and M43 as in strength reports usualy they are given in one column
    Sorry if I disappointed you...If I get something like this I'll upload it :sleep:

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X