X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amvas
    replied
    I think this is enough for discussion...

Leave a comment:

• Metryll
    replied
    It reads “Merde”.
    It's a version, the other say "La Garde meure mais ne se rend pas".

Anyway I read with great attention what you wrote and disagree with most parts. You paint Americans with broad terms or elements took out of context as some Americans use against us (i.e Europeans).

The most interesting point being about freedom of expression. You may not have noticed but ACG is run in USA. If this country was not free as you wrote, how could we read you ?

Your post count is only 95 and I guess that you are a newcomer. So welcome among us.

This said I've already dicussed with Paul and if you're civil and have an argument he will agree with you as most of us here.

Paul is here in a situation than I know quite well. My post count is around 1300 but I actually joined in March 2003. Along with Bonnie we were among the rare French on forum in this period. And what I read of you about Americans is of the very same kind of those we had to read.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying that because you dont like USA you have not to post here. But ACG has three politicals forum already, others forums, including this one are about military history. And history has no skin color, nationality or political opinion.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Message edited and content removed.
    Personal attacks won't be tolerated on this forum Heribert,
    Consider yourself warned.

Boonierat

Last edited by Boonierat; 27 Jun 08, 14:30.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    What a dummy...

Originally posted by HairyButt Sham

Paul is, given his education and personal background, incapable to grasp basic information - when not spoon-fed to him ... in English. But nobody could possibly care less about than me.
    My education and background? What do you now about either? Are you a former member of this fourm? Perhaps one who left on bad terms? Or just a roving troll from another forum?

Being the proud American he is, Paul should actually be familiar with the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
    This forum is not America, and the First Amendment doesn't apply here. I've already been told that by the Admins a number of times.

Being the proud American he is, Paul quickly applied the standard American procedure of claiming basic rights for himself, the American, but denying them to anybody else.
    Yup, that's why we had to free Europe from the Germans (twice), our policy of denying people their rights.

Paul may indeed be a “good guy” according to American standards and definitions, but he clearly isn't by mine.
    Good thing your standard is worth here.

Having said this, I shall now address the points made by Paul.

Paul isn't lost in a “thread”, he is lost in “his reality”. Like some others, Paul doesn't “try to expand his knowledge”, rather quite the opposite.
    Indeed, that's why I'm an Honor Student at my college, because I don't want to expand my knowledge. I guess that's why I joined ACG too...

His “invincible military” isn't invincible at all.
    Really? Then why is it undefeated? (We didn't lose in Vietnam, we left)

Having spent a significant amount of time in the military myself, and having participated in military operations...
    Video games don't count, son...

But as it is more convenient for Paul (and his flock)
    Flock? Are you saying that my friends are sheep? Rude much?

In clear contradiction to reality, he sees “threats” around each and very corner and stands up to lie to the world. “There are WMDs” in Iraq, “Heribert is threatening me”, “Heribert hates America”, “Heribert sends naughty messages to me”.
    I haven't seen any WMDs, but I have seen your threats and insults. Were it not for rules against showing them publicly, the whole forum could see your grasp of the English language as it applies to crude threats and insults.

regardless what Paul claims or advocates.
    What have I claimed or advocated?

Regarding the naughty messages ... yes, indeed, I did write some very very naughty messages to him, all of them in reply to similar messages coming from him.
    You just said you didn't send the messages, now you say that you did? Which one is it? I sent you a simple question about your sig line, and you answered it with all the grace and dignity of a King's fart.

But just like in the previous case regarding our friend “General Staff” on this forum, it wasn't me who started the communication “via private message”. And I certainly didn't start that “reputation-point-war”.
    Because we know better than to clutter up a good thread with all of this nonsense.

Paul is proud of his “reputation” on these forums, about those neat little green dots next to his username.
    You're damn straight I'm proud. Those dots are a digital gift the from people that I respect on ACG.

Actually he disapproved every single one of them by now, regardless what was written in them, just to “bring me deep into the red”, as he's put it so eloquently.
    Yup, and every time you post I'll ding you. You asked for it.

But he was obviously more than angry when I started to do the same, even sent a private message telling me that he was now prepared to end that “silly war” and, being the “better man”, would now offer the “olive branch”. I told him to get lost. I'll do it again right now ... Paul ... Get Lost !
    I thought I'd try to put a stop to this before it became public, to save the Admins the trouble, they have enough to deal with.

Paul is desperately in need of getting himself a real life, a life outside the virtual world.
    I'm on my vacation, and I can see no better way to spend it than here on ACG...

I know that folks like Paul wouldn't dare to say half of what they write in “private messages” , would they sit at the same table or stand in the same room with me.
    A vieled threat is still a threat. I accept an invitation to meet you, please send me your address as I will be travelling in Europe next summer, and have gone to jail for kicking bigger asses than yours.

After having had the first look at the photo in your profile here, and seeing that you have to hold a rifle to feel strong...
    Uh-huh... It's a Military History forum, that rifle saw combat, in Germany, and it's a piece of military history. I shoot at people with my other guns.

I'm very much with Barack Obama...
    A stupid commie?

What I didn't expect to find are people like Paul, who only come here to offend and bully people
    I believe I'm still in good standing with Russian membership of ACG, they aren't nearly as rude as you are.

I'm sure Paul will find someone to translate it for him.
    No need, French is alot easier to read than that filthy pig-Latin in your signature.

Now hop off and complain to the management that you've once again been utterly insulted, and that a forum user dared to write a non-English word.
    And no need to hurry, it's already been done. Also, I've seen the Admins make a ruling about non-English on this site, and I'm suprised they even allowed your offensive signature.

And hurry up ... there are two reputation points left, waiting for you to be taken.
    I'll get to them...

PS: We still have a field day with the "Apeman Show", thanks for asking.
    Then why don't you share it with us?
    Last edited by Paul Mann III; 27 Jun 08, 18:15.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The French aviator and writer Antoine de Saint Exupéry once said, that for those who want to see things clearly, all it needs is to slightly change the line of sight.

By following this advice, particularly in the context at hand, it shouldn't be too difficult to see things much clearer.

The fuzz is all about my “signature” at the bottom of my posts, this is the “casus belli” and what Paul obviously feels bothered by. A signature he himself was neither able to read nor to understand, needing a third party to a) point it out to him and b) translate for him.

Paul is, given his education and personal background, incapable to grasp basic information - when not spoon-fed to him ... in English. But nobody could possibly care less about than me.

Being the proud American he is, Paul should actually be familiar with the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which addresses – among various other rights - the freedom of speech, which is also guaranteed under international law through numerous human-rights instruments, notably under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

I prefer the synonymous term “freedom of expression”, since the right is not confined to verbal speech but is understood to protect any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used.

Being the proud American he is, Paul quickly applied the standard American procedure of claiming basic rights for himself, the American, but denying them to anybody else. According to this procedure, its is perfectly appropriate for him to have his say, regardless how offending, insulting, thought provoking, hilarious or simply stupid the stuff he says or writes might be. But nobody else should ever dare to do likewise.

Agreed, this is not uniquely Paul's attitude, this is rather a stereotype American behavior and a widely and commonly noticeable fact. Americans may not to be killed, kidnapped, tortured, oppressed, detained without reason and have the right to face a fair trial. Anybody else doesn't, particularly when being a Muslim or simply not being the bearer of “the blue passport”. Without this, there wouldn't be a Guantanamo, hadn't been an Abu Ghoreib, wouldn't be clandestine CIA-flights across Europe and the USA ... and many things more.

There's plenty of evidence around to sustain and support my claim, clearly visible for all willing to see it, and too much to list it one single post. Well, maybe I should mention just one of the most appalling pieces of evidence, called the ASPA – The American Servicemen Protection Act – a bill passed by the present US administration. A bill protecting all American servicemen (and women) from being brought to an international court and to justice for committing war crimes.

While America is the loudest voice in the chorus when pointing out actual or assumed war crimes committed by others, a bill is passed to protect war criminals wearing an American uniform. A bill even threating to apply military force against those attempting to bring an American war criminal to justice.

The ASPA is only one of the many bills and acts passed by the American government being in clear violation of international law, but again, it's one of the most appalling examples.

Paul may indeed be a “good guy” according to American standards and definitions, but he clearly isn't by mine. And obviously not by the standards and definitions of quite a few others. Still I encourage everybody to stand up and speak out loud in his support, from what I can tell he is in desperate need of attention. Someone like Paul, who quite obviously is not only suffering from exaggerated nationalism and chauvinism, but also from a severe hyperactivity and attention-deficit syndrome, needs all the attention he can get. It won't cure him but will ease his pain.

Having said this, I shall now address the points made by Paul.

Paul isn't lost in a “thread”, he is lost in “his reality”. Like some others, Paul doesn't “try to expand his knowledge”, rather quite the opposite. He is in defense of a “knowledge”, being spoon-fed to him from day one of his physical existence, teaching him that he's part of an “invincible entity”, “god's own country”, “the one and only superpower”, “the land of the free and the home of the brave”.

This “wisdom” has long been blown to bits, and as even Paul is able to apply the basic tool of simple comparison, he slowly starts to recognize it.

His “invincible military” isn't invincible at all. And although probably never having served his country in the military, he keeps spreading the myth – claiming the glory of the generations earning it, long before he was born, for himself. But he's ignoring the fact that the “invincible” US military is presently losing every military conflict it enters and the “myth” isn't holding any water.

Having spent a significant amount of time in the military myself, and having participated in military operations, I can tell there isn't anything such as an “invincible army”. There never was, there never will be. And those who enter conflicts being overwhelmingly confident of their “invincibility” do all learn the hard way.

The French did in 1812 during the “Patriotic War”, fought against Russians, and had their Beresina. The Germans did in 1942-43, during the “Great Patriotic War”, and had their Stalingrad. In 1954 the French did again, in Indochina, and had their Dien Bien Phu.
    The Americans did in Vietnam, and presently in Iraq, and they have their Saigon and their Baghdad. And Afghanistan is also turning into a disaster.

America is no longer the “home of the free” as the present administration is, step by step, cutting back the civil liberties and basic rights of the ordinary citizen ... as manifested in the “Patriot Act” and the “Homeland Security Acts”. And I fail to see anything brave coming from America these days.

And I also dare to borrow a phrase initially referring to Elvis Presley (“The king has left the building”) .... “God has left that country already”.

But as it is more convenient for Paul (and his flock) to build his own “virtual reality” around him, where the world may remain the way he wants it to be, and now facing the “real reality”, he starts to act like Collin Powell at the UN.

In clear contradiction to reality, he sees “threats” around each and very corner and stands up to lie to the world. “There are WMDs” in Iraq, “Heribert is threatening me”, “Heribert hates America”, “Heribert sends naughty messages to me”.

Three of these claims are utterly wrong ... nope, no WMDs in Iraq – nope, no Heribert threatening poor old Paul – nope, no Heribert hating America.

To be able to hate someone or something, one has to deem the subject or object of his “hate” being worthy of wasting a sentiment. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less about America and I am not the least bit worried, touched by or sad about its evident and inevitable decline towards insignificance. So there isn't any hate, there can't be any hate, regardless what Paul claims or advocates.

Regarding the naughty messages ... yes, indeed, I did write some very very naughty messages to him, all of them in reply to similar messages coming from him. But just like in the previous case regarding our friend “General Staff” on this forum, it wasn't me who started the communication “via private message”. And I certainly didn't start that “reputation-point-war”.

Paul is proud of his “reputation” on these forums, about those neat little green dots next to his username. By comparing apples to pears again, Paul thinks that these points must be of the same importance to me as they obviously are to him.

This became obvious, as soon as I started to “disapprove” as many of his post as he “disapproved” of mine. Actually he disapproved every single one of them by now, regardless what was written in them, just to “bring me deep into the red”, as he's put it so eloquently.

But he was obviously more than angry when I started to do the same, even sent a private message telling me that he was now prepared to end that “silly war” and, being the “better man”, would now offer the “olive branch”. I told him to get lost. I'll do it again right now ... Paul ... Get Lost !

To be open and clear about this, and regarding what I have written previously, I does not bother me the least bit to receive “negative reputation points” from anybody, particularly not when this “negative reputation” comes from someone who is described best by attributing my “signature” to him. Being in disagreement with him, and all he stands for, actually is an honor and a decoration and nothing to be ashamed about.

It does not bother me when when these “bad reputation points” come in flocks, from one person only, and come in with remarks like “do you hear American fascism marching up behind you” and “hey, I can do this all day ... I can continue eternally”. It proves me being right, and him being wrong. And it proves that Paul is desperately in need of getting himself a real life, a life outside the virtual world.

While I always appreciate criticism forwarded to me, when based on good manners and on a constructive basis, I usually tend to ignore “cyber bullying” and any form of stalking. I know that folks like Paul wouldn't dare to say half of what they write in “private messages” , would they sit at the same table or stand in the same room with me. On the other hand, I usually write exactly what I would say straight into his face and no cyber bullying or stalking will prevent me from doing so. So carry on Paul, your American cowardice doesn't impress me.

After having had the first look at the photo in your profile here, and seeing that you have to hold a rifle to feel strong, when not hiding behind a computer and typing on a keyboard, I know perfectly well who you are. Having been into boxing most of my life, I can read the looks of someone ... and your “stalking” simply makes me laugh out loud.

Here I'm very much with Barack Obama, who just recently said ...

“[It’s] not surprising they [the Americans] get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

It's also not surprising they come in flocks to Internet-Fora to haunt those they used to feel so superior to, but who now turn out to be far better off than themselves.

It is also hilarious to see how those who claim to oppose “totalitarianism” where the first to apply “totalitarian methods and tactics” as soon as I walked through the forum's door.

“Pssst ... Heribert ... there are people around here ... “homo sovieticus” ... we have to oppose them !”

Well, I expected to find these people around here, particularly when taking into consideration that this forum is supposed to be about the “Workers and Peasants Red Army” of the Great Patriotic War. What I didn't expect to find are people like Paul, who only come here to offend and bully people because now they are far better off in their own country / countries than he is in his own and that these people do not have to pretend to be Canadians when traveling.

I am laughing my rear end off each and every time, when meeting people on trains, planes and / or the metro speaking with a heavy American accent to their English ... and when being asked which part of the US they come from insist in being Canadian.

That's a weird way of showing your envy and, like Obama said, frustration.

Ok, I started this post with the words of a famous Frenchman, so I might as well close it with the words of another one. To be more precise, it's only one word, voiced by Pierre Jacques Étienne Vicomte Cambronne on a certain day on a field in Flanders, addressed at another English-only speaker. I'm sure Paul will find someone to translate it for him.

It reads “Merde”.

Now hop off and complain to the management that you've once again been utterly insulted, and that a forum user dared to write a non-English word. And hurry up ... there are two reputation points left, waiting for you to be taken.

PS: We still have a field day with the "Apeman Show", thanks for asking.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Some People Just Need A Hobby...

Originally posted by Heribert Schind View Post

I'd deprive myself from all those funny private messages I receive from you and I'd also miss the 3 negative reputation-points I receive from you each day, should you disappear suddenly and silently.
    Disappear suddenly and silenty? Sounds like another internet tough guy threat...

Originally posted by joea View Post
    Thanks Heribert. BTW of course we would not shoot Paul, he's one of my virtual buddies here and a good guy.
    Thanks Joe, I appreciate the sentiment. I have made an effort to explain to Mr. Schind here that I am a good guy, but he is confused by his hatred for America (I am proud to represent America, even to her enemies). And I am lost in this RKKA thread, trying to expand my knowledge, but obviously out of my "place."

Perhaps, in time, Harry S. over there will grow tired of bothering me with his threatening and insulting Private Messages, but for now I will continue to endure reading them, and going through the motions to ding him once for every time he dings me.

I will also continue to let him believe that I somehow started this, when, in fact, it was his poor attitude towards my questioning his signature that brought on this current storm of negative intention...

Typical negative international feelings toward America... :flag:

Last edited by Paul Mann III; 26 Jun 08, 21:18.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by .sergio. View Post
    are they really funny or ... ?
    They are hillarious ! Even funnier than

Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan !

Originally posted by .sergio. View Post
    for what? why he is doing this? and why these points are important?
    Oh, he's just having his particular way of fun. I'll go along with it, I'm glad to make him happy.

No, these points are of no importance at all. But this way I learn all what there's to learn about American culture and education. And I didn't even have to pay for it.

Leave a comment:

• .sergio.
    replied
    I'd deprive myself from all those funny private messages I receive from you
    are they really funny or ... ?

and I'd also miss the 3 negative reputation-points I receive from you each day
    for what? why he is doing this?
    and why these points are important?

Leave a comment:

• .sergio.
    replied
    Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
    Who are we invading again guys? Estonia?
    first we have to re-unite Ukraine with Russia and then we'll turn to north.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks Heribert. BTW of course we would not shoot Paul, ....
    Of course we wouldn't shoot anybody. Btw, I just learned that there were no Degtyarov - Shpagin DShK / DShKM 12.7 heavy machine guns mounted on T 34s, merely 2 x Degtjarjow DT 7,62 mm. Well, I'm awfully sorry, but ....

Leave a comment:

• joea
    replied
    Thanks Heribert. BTW of course we would not shoot Paul, he's one of my virtual buddies here and a good guy. If we want to shoot anybody it will be these guys:

And, even though I like animals and am a share concern for green issues, these folks.

Just because.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm not that bad a shot in Il-2 46, and even a slow Sturmovik flies a bit faster than a T-34.
    Ok, you beat me. Should we be able to find a Degtyarov - Shpagin DShK / DShKM 12.7 heavy machine gun, and nobody objects to seeing us mounting it, we'll let you play with it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Erkki View Post
    Ok let´s suppose we get it out of Germany, Then what?
    Oh Heribert, you better do the talking, mein Dutch bist ein katastrofe....
    Erkki, I'll be busy driving. Somebody else must do the talking.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
    Who are we invading again guys? Estonia?
    Naww ... we're not going to invade Estonia, nor anyone else. We'll go on a "Peace and Friendship Raid" all across Europe.

Don't you remember the definition of a Soviet tank ?

"A huge and loud vehicle of green colour, for touristic purposes, which is equipped with a salut-shooting-device, designed to spread the word of friendship and solidarity among all the peace-loving workers and peasants of all nations. Urrah Urrah Urrah."

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    Are you threatening my life?
    Which life ?

Now, seriously, an old proverb says : "You shouldn't slaughter the cow you want to milk."

I'd deprive myself from all those funny private messages I receive from you and I'd also miss the 3 negative reputation-points I receive from you each day, should you disappear suddenly and silently.

As I've written previously, I'm having a field day here with each and every single message of yours. So I strongly encourge you to carry on ... you're the living proof of all my theories.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X