• Show
Clear All

• Lifting of T-34/76 in Ukraine

One more T-34 was found..
    http://reibert.info/gallery/v/Archeo...ics/T-34/Rise/

The vehicle sank during the Korsun operation in Jan. 1944

REgards
    Alex
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Damn, they keep finding those things don't they? I wish I could find one and keep it (assuming it was lost in an accident and not a war grave). Even get it running. I'd drive it to work and be a real eco-criminal.

Comment

Nice find Alex

I just these kinds of things, I know you are pressed for time, but when you get a chance. Can you tell us how it was found and from what division it came from if known.

Also, I was just thinking here, how accurate are/were the records over there as to how many T/34 types (and othe AFV) are still unacounted for, are there still that many?

Cheers my friend!!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
        Damn, they keep finding those things don't they? I wish I could find one and keep it (assuming it was lost in an accident and not a war grave). Even get it running. I'd drive it to work and be a real eco-criminal.
        I suppose it will be transferred in some museum.
        Btw, by Russian laws all military equipment found in the earth belongs to the Russian Army

REgards
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
          I just these kinds of things, I know you are pressed for time, but when you get a chance. Can you tell us how it was found and from what division it came from if known.

Also, I was just thinking here, how accurate are/were the records over there as to how many T/34 types (and othe AFV) are still unacounted for, are there still that many?

Cheers my friend!!

Tom
          Hi, Tom!

It was found after studying stories of local inhabitants, who remembered a tank, which sank near their village.
          It couldn't be any division, because Soviet tank units were brigades, corps and armies, but not divisions.

As for T-34s there are so many different modifications and subodifications that until now I'm not too brave to create page for this type of tanks..

Regards
          Alex

Comment

This is cool. I love how those that got sunk in the mud get preserved so well.

Comment

Nice to see ya here to, alive and "kicking"

Originally posted by amvas View Post
              Hi, Tom!

It was found after studying stories of local inhabitants, who remembered a tank, which sank near their village.
              It couldn't be any division, because Soviet tank units were brigades, corps and armies, but not divisions.

As for T-34s there are so many different modifications and subodifications that until now I'm not too brave to create page for this type of tanks..

Regards
              Alex
              Thanks for the info, was it a speific group, club or a bunch (or a few) WW II like minded friends who checked out the stories, and then found and dug up the T-34?

Yep, my mistake for saying "division" sorry about that!! I do know these things, but it tends to slip my mind when I first post a reply to an interesting subect, as you might know by now!!!

Let us know if you find out any more info or pics, and if you ever get the time and "computer space" to get all those t-34 types listed, best of luck if you try, I do know what you mean there........

Cheers, to some interesting pics and topic.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post

We have to go fishing in Ukraine...

Comment

Originally posted by .sergio. View Post

We have to go fishing in Ukraine...
                  Sergio, you won't have to travel that far. There are still plenty of T-34's to be found on / near former Soviet bases in the eastern part of Germany. And they are in excellent condition as well. They weren't set up as memorials, merely as some kind of "decoration".

The trick to it is ... how to "borrow" one of them without having anybody notice it. We can't simply hide one of them under our jackets, can we ?

Comment

Germany?? We need a truck, a big truck.... And some papers......
                    “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Potentially if someone dug-up all the T-34's and small arms from the mud of Russia/Europe they would be a serious deal! (*hint for the revolutionaries out there*).

Anyone have a list of countries that still have (modded) T-34's on armament? I know Egypt was one...

Comment

Originally posted by Erkki View Post
                        Germany?? We need a truck, a big truck.... And some papers......
                        Don't worry about the papers. I am a talented counterfeiter

Will you provide the truck ?

Comment

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
                          Anyone have a list of countries that still have (modded) T-34's on armament? I know Egypt was one...
                          After the Second World War, the T-34 was used by the following 40 countries, and was still in service in 1996 in 27 of those countries which are indicated by asterisks * (Source: Zaloga & Kinnear 1996:34).

Europe

Albania*
                          Austria
                          Bulgaria*
                          Cyprus
                          Czechoslovakia
                          Finland
                          East Germany
                          Hungary
                          Poland
                          Romania*
                          Soviet Union
                          Yugoslavia*

Middle East and Asia

Afghanistan*
                          Egypt*
                          Indonesia
                          Iraq
                          Laos
                          Lebanon*
                          Libya*
                          Mongolia*
                          North Korea*
                          People's Republic of China*
                          Syria*
                          Vietnam*
                          South Yemen (PDRY)*
                          North Yemen (YAR)
                          Africa

Algeria*
                          Angola*
                          Republic of the Congo*
                          Equatorial Guinea*
                          Ethiopia*
                          Guinea*
                          Guinea-Bissau*
                          Mali*
                          Mozambique*
                          Somalia*
                          Sudan*
                          Togo*
                          Zimbabwe*

Other

Cuba

Comment

Not in service in Vietnam now, Heribert !

Comment

Originally posted by DANNGOC View Post
                              Not in service in Vietnam now, Heribert !
                              Please re-read what I wrote. The data addressed T-34 still in use in 1996.

I seriously doubt that any of the 27 countries using T-34 in 1996 still use them today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X