Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newsreels site

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Newsreels site

    Hi!
    I found Skoblin to make an interesting video-site. It includes quite large number of different newsreels.
    http://ca.youtube.com/profile?user=skoblin

    Regards
    Alex
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

  • #2
    here in Europawoche 1944 - Russische Freiwillige ( http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7SMB0pS-uiU ) they don't seem Russian to me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Good find Amvas!!! Sergio, I that's because they are not "Russian" but come from the other nationalities, especially Asian (Buryat, Kazahk), of the USSR.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by joea View Post
        Good find Amvas!!! Sergio, I that's because they are not "Russian" but come from the other nationalities, especially Asian (Buryat, Kazahk), of the USSR.
        yes, maybe. Anyway you know that here in the "West" often all people from USSR were called "Russians".

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by .sergio. View Post
          yes, maybe. Anyway you know that here in the "West" often all people from USSR were called "Russians".

          Yea I know, made me roll my eyes more than once when I heard Stalin for example referred to as a "Russian"...even in the film "The Hunt for Red October" when Alec Baldwin briefs some American brass on the character of Sean Connery's character (Captain Remus I think) mentioning he is Lithuanian and later an officer says to him "How can we deal with this Russian" or words to that effect. Made me smile a bit in the theatre.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by joea View Post
            "...even in the film "The Hunt for Red October" when Alec Baldwin briefs some American brass on the character of Sean Connery's character (Captain Remus I think) mentioning he is Lithuanian and later an officer says to him "How can we deal with this Russian" or words to that effect. Made me smile a bit in the theatre.
            To funny joea, I just watched this one a couple nights ago, I hav'nt seen it in a while, I do like the "Ryan" movie series!!

            Cheers, go figure.......

            Tom

            Comment


            • #7
              Unfortunately it seems that this account has been closed.

              Comment


              • #8
                why?

                Comment


                • #9
                  skoblin is back. My new site:

                  http://ca.youtube.com/user/skoblinI

                  a great forum you have here,

                  skoblin

                  Comment

                  Latest Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X