Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64th Army Orders to Stalingrad

Hi Guys.

After unsuccessful internet research... I need a little bit of help about 64th Russian Army OOb in the battle near Abganerovo (south Stalingrad) August, 1943.

I need to know commanders of some russian units from (Division to Battalion or Rgt ) involved in this battle against the Hoth´s Panzer Army. The 208th,204th,106th Rifle Divisions. 254th Tank Brigade and 13th Tank Corp.

Maybe I am very ambitious...

Thanks in adavance.

Re: Help: 64th Russian Army OOB

Originally posted by Chema
    Hi Guys.

After unsuccessful internet research... I need a little bit of help about 64th Russian Army OOb in the battle near Abganerovo (south Stalingrad) August, 1943.

I need to know commanders of some russian units from (Division to Battalion or Rgt ) involved in this battle against the Hoth´s Panzer Army. The 208th,204th,106th Rifle Divisions. 254th Tank Brigade and 13th Tank Corp.

Maybe I am very ambitious...

Thanks in adavance.
    Yep, much work to do.....

Errata- on Aug 1942....

254th Tank Brigade commander col. Sadovskiy F.E. (June 08'42 - Apr 16'43)

13rd Tank Corps: Gen.-Mjor Shurov P.E. May 23'42-July 07'42
    Gen.-Major - Tanaschishin T.I. July 17'42 Jan - 01'43

On Aug 1942
    6th Gds. Tank Brig.
    254TBr
    13rd TBr
    38 Mot. Rfl. Brig

from Sep'42
    13th TBr
    39th Tbr
    56th TBr
    38th Mot Rfl. Brig.

Are you sure in 106th Rifle Division number????
    Look info on http://rkka.ru/handbook/reg/106sd40.htm

204th Rfl. Div. Commander - Col. Skvortsov A.V.
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

208th Siberian Rifle Division: Col. K. M. Vysokoboinikov

106th Rifle Division: Must have been the 126th Rifle Division which defended the line Tebektenerovo - Abganerovo Station - Abganerovo in August 1942. Commander was Col. V. E. Sorokin

Just to complete the picture, here's the OOB of 64th Army of August 1, 1942:

29, 112, 204, 208, 214, 229 Rifle Divisions
      66, 154 Naval Rifle Brigades
      Three cadet rifle regiments
      1111 Cannon Artillery Regiment
      1251, 1252 Anti-Tank Artillery Regiments
      140 Mortar Regiment
      76 Guards Mortar Regiment
      121, 137 Tank Brigades

Comment

The orders of battle question reminded me of a site I ran across awhile back. It's a section of a site called Orders of Battle , called Journal of the Soviet Army .

What do you all think of it?
        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Hi Guys.

Thanks for your help. Your are right about 126th Rifle Division and not the 106th...

I´m still looking for commanders of all these units...

Chema.

Comment

121st TBr - Col. Radkevich N.N. Aug 01'41- June 06'42
            Lt. Col./Col. Nevzhinskiy M.V. June 16'42-Feb 07'43

137th TBr - Lt.Col./Col. Udovichenko K.S. May 25'42 - Oct 26'42

29th Rfl.Div - Col. Kolobutin A.I. (OOB may be found on my site)

112nd Rfl. Div. Feb 18.1942 - Aug 09.1942 Col. Sologub I.P.
            Aug 10.1942 - Nov 15.1942 Lt. Col., (since Aug 31'42 - Colonel) Ermolkin I.E.

214th Rfl. Div. - Gen.-Major Biryukov N.I. Dec. 12'41 - June 02'43

Comment

64th Army

Created July 01'42 from the !st Reserve Army
              Initially had 18th, 29th, 112nd, 214th, 229th Rifle Divs
              66th, 154th Naval Rifle Brigades, 137th, 40th Tank Brigades
              Cadet Rifle Regiments of Zhitomir, Krasnodar, 1st and 3rd Ordzhonikidze military schools, other units

On Sep 13 had: 36th Gds. Rfl. Div., 29,38,126,138,157,204 Rfl. Divs, 66, 154 Naval Rfl. Brig, 13rd Tank Corps, Cadet Rifle Regiments of Krasnodar and Vinnitsa Military Schools, 118th Fortified Zone, 14 arillery and mortar regiments

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
                The orders of battle question reminded me of a site I ran across awhile back. It's a section of a site called Orders of Battle , called Journal of the Soviet Army .

What do you all think of it?
                I myself translated an article for it.....
                Provides rather detailed materials, but some my Russian colleagues are angry for their authors. I don't know exactly the reasons, but these reasons lays among finances

Comment

64th Army Orders to Stalingrad

I originally posted this message on the Armchair Generals Forum but did not have any luck there.

I need help finding original Russian documents about the transfer of the 64th Army to the Stalingrad area in July 1942.

I have a copy of the translated, English version, of Voyenno-Istoricheskiy Zhurnal No. 8, August 82 (signed to press 26 July 82) pp 27-31. It is titled “Battle of Stalingrad: Preparatory Phase Documents”, and contains 11 different documents. The problem is document #10 was not fully translated. The two critical lines are:

To redeploy the 64th Army to the territory of the Stalingrad Military District. The redeployment is to be carried out by rail….

The unloading of all units is to be in the area of Stalingrad Station…

What I need is the text that was not translated following the ….

Also, if anyone knows of other related documents related to the 64th Army, they would be of great help to me.

Thanks for any help in this.

Dann

Comment

Check topic
                    http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...=&threadid=491

Comment

Thanks for looking over my question.

I looked in the indicated link/thread. I then looked over the index for Orders of Battle & Journal of the Soviet Army, did not find anything.

I also looked at http://rkka.ru and was not able to find any listings for Russian language versions of Voyenno Istoricheskiy Zhurnal either. There were several listings for documents, but most were from pre-war or 1941.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Comment

Originally posted by Dann Falk
                        Thanks for looking over my question.

I looked in the indicated link/thread. I then looked over the index for Orders of Battle & Journal of the Soviet Army, did not find anything.

I also looked at http://rkka.ru and was not able to find any listings for Russian language versions of Voyenno Istoricheskiy Zhurnal either. There were several listings for documents, but most were from pre-war or 1941.

Am I looking in the wrong place?
                        Actually you maybe need Military Chronicle. Stalingrad operations. But unfortunately it's unavailable, as all the edition is sold
                        I myself have no exact OOBs for that army. The only thing I have is daily reports of this battle for the Soviet General Staff. But it's impossible to transate them

It's hardly to find anywhere in the net any indexes of Voenno-istoricheskiy Zhurnal issues. If you need such you may ask librarians in the Russian State Library (www.rsl.ru) they obtain this journal. No guarantee though that you receive answer from them

Comment

What is amount of data?

I can to vizit public library but I am not able to copy and to translate too much data.

Comment

Voyenno-Istoricheskiy Zhurnal Data

Well, the amount of data is very small.

It's from Voyenno-Istoricheskiy Zhurnal No. 8, August 82 (signed to press 26 July 82) pp 27-31. It is titled “Battle of Stalingrad: Preparatory Phase Documents”.

It also has this reference listed underneath:
                            (TsAMO, SSSR (Central Archives of the USSR Ministry of Defense) folio 48-A, inv. 1, file 72, sheets 11-12).

It's really only document #10 that is missing the full information about the 64th army that I need.

I'm looking at the English version of the Document #10 and it has about 11 lines of text.

Just to let everyone know, it is almost impossible to find original documents, orders, and other historical information about the WWII war in Russia.

Thanks for trying to find it for me. This document would fill in one key missing parts of my history research on the 64th army.

Comment

Re: Voyenno-Istoricheskiy Zhurnal Data

When do you need this data?

And I do not promise that there is this magazine in library (it is large scale state library) of my city (I live some thosands km from Moscow)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X