News Isaev's book about Stalingrad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Isaev's book about Stalingrad

Here is the FREE link on Isaev's book about Stalingrad battle (in Russian)

http://militera.lib.ru/h/isaev_av8/index.html

Very good, as usually

He mentions Order #181 by Minister of Defence Serdiukov according to which ALL the data about WWII became OPEN!!!
    Last edited by Andrey; 30 May 08, 23:51.

New Stalingrad Book

I found this book about a week ago and have been translating parts of it.

I agree it's very good and gives ration strength data for Divisional and in some cases Brigades units within the 62th, 64th, 1st Tank Army and so on.

If you are studying the battle of Stalingrad this is a must read.

I wish there were more books like this one.

Dann

Comment

I want to speak fluent Russian!!!

Comment

Retired Colonel David Glantz has been doing a lot of research on the Stalingrad battle and the German 'Blau' Operation leading up to it for at least the past two years. He is giving a set of lectures on Stalingrad at this year's ORIGINS and HISTORICON gaming conventions this summer in the USA. I highly reccommend them, because he has gotten access to individual divisional and brigade daily unit status reports for many of the Soviet units in the Stalingrad battle, in addition to Army orders, directives, reports, etc. It looks at first glance as if Isaev got access to some of the same material, so if you want it in English, try to make it to one of those two conventions. I'll be there, and I plan to ask him specifically if his Stalingrad research is in the 'pipeline' yet to be published.

Comment

Isaev used 6th Army War Diary with appendices:

http://dr-guillotin.livejournal.com/44790.html#cutid1

Ibid, You can see the Stalingrad Front War Diary

P.S.
          It is Isaev's livejournal - http://dr-guillotin.livejournal.com/
          "In case of war guys in dark blue berets will be thrown in a mouth to an aggressor on purpose to break off this mouth"
          Vasily Margelov the father-founder of the Soviet airborne troops

Comment

Originally posted by Sharposhnikov View Post
            Retired Colonel David Glantz has been doing a lot of research on the Stalingrad battle and the German 'Blau' Operation leading up to it for at least the past two years. He is giving a set of lectures on Stalingrad at this year's ORIGINS and HISTORICON gaming conventions this summer in the USA. I highly reccommend them, because he has gotten access to individual divisional and brigade daily unit status reports for many of the Soviet units in the Stalingrad battle, in addition to Army orders, directives, reports, etc. It looks at first glance as if Isaev got access to some of the same material, so if you want it in English, try to make it to one of those two conventions. I'll be there, and I plan to ask him specifically if his Stalingrad research is in the 'pipeline' yet to be published.
            I actually spoke to David about this topic via e-mail a few days ago. I noticed that Helion was putting out a new volume by him which encompasses the Stalingrad period and was wondering what it was all about. He said that they've apparently taken his volume 4 of his 'forgotten battles' series and this is a 'cleaned up version'. In regards to his, now trilogy, on Stalingrad, he estimates we might see the first volume in print next spring.
            Last edited by Kunikov; 03 Jun 08, 08:48.
            "This isn't Paris, you will not get through here with a Marching Parade!" Defenders of Stalingrad
            "Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out... and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel.... And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man" - with his mouth". Mark Twain
            "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
              I want to speak fluent Russian!!!
              me too. horosho chto ja nemnogo ponimaju po-russkij i eto mne pozvolit smotret sovetskij film pro VOV i grazdanskaja voina (translit: it's good that I understand a bit russian language that allow me to watch soviet movies about WWII and russian civil war )

Comment

Is it in stores yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Cmde.Slavyanski View Post
                  Is it in stores yet?
                  Isaev's book? It's been in stores for a while now.
                  "This isn't Paris, you will not get through here with a Marching Parade!" Defenders of Stalingrad
                  "Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out... and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel.... And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man" - with his mouth". Mark Twain
                  "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Sharposhnikov View Post
                    Glantz's study was to be in two volumes and he is writing the second volume this year, according to his Christmas card. However, it sounds like Kunikov has an update.
                    Last edited by R.N. Armstrong; 04 Jun 08, 18:09.
                    Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
                      Glantz's study was to be in two volumes and he is writing the second volume this year, according to his Christmas card. However, it sounds like Kunikov has an update.
                      Sorry for the late reply, but yes, specifically David said volume one would encompass 28 June - 3 September 1942 and is 500 pages while volume two would be from 3 September - 18 November 1942 and is 600 pages. Volume has yet to be written, so it'll be a while until we see it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X