Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directive 19 by Paul Harker

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...cm_rdp_product

I'd welcome you all to read my review of this book and comment in the 'comment section' to those who'd like to perpetrate this fraud showing them what reality and real history is all about.

My review is the long 1 star review
    "This isn't Paris, you will not get through here with a Marching Parade!" Defenders of Stalingrad
    "Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out... and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel.... And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man" - with his mouth". Mark Twain
    "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.” Voltaire

Haha wow man, who are Cathy and Susan? She-Wolves of the SS?!

Bread and wine vs. bread and salt! Couldn't BE more different! Obviously they are typically numb to Eastern European culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
      Haha wow man, who are Cathy and Susan? She-Wolves of the SS?!

Bread and wine vs. bread and salt! Couldn't BE more different! Obviously they are typically numb to Eastern European culture.
      I doubt they are real, they are probably the author under a different name. If you look, they've only reviewed his books. Also, hard to believe that Ukrainian peasants would have wine stashed away just waiting for the Germans. Vodka maybe, or even Samogon, but not wine.
      "This isn't Paris, you will not get through here with a Marching Parade!" Defenders of Stalingrad
      "Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out... and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel.... And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man" - with his mouth". Mark Twain
      "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.” Voltaire

Comment

Haha yea, "Susan" also posted her first generic comment to the other one-star reviewer, just switched the names.

Yeah man, even if they had wine, I mean, wine was drunk in the Ukraine, it wouldn't be a "bread and wine" greeting combo, it is a clear misrepresentation of the "bread and salt" combo.

Comment

Haha yea, "Susan" also posted her first generic comment to the other one-star reviewer, just switched the names.

Yeah man, even if they had wine, I mean, wine was drunk in the Ukraine, it wouldn't be a "bread and wine" greeting combo, it is a clear misrepresentation of the "bread and salt" combo.
          Feel free to let them know what you think of them and their ideas

Comment

I +voted your comments, but I don't post on amazon, and don't really feel like starting by yammering with Susan or whoever...

Comment

I +voted your comments, but I don't post on amazon, and don't really feel like starting by yammering with Susan or whoever...
              oh well, good enough, heh. Although as you can see I've been 'slammed' with 'no's' but I've complained to amazon, hopefully they'll do something about it.

Comment

It is clear to anyone with a brain that amazon is rife with PR campaign generic comments and voting. All anyone has to do is just look at the two exact posts "Susan" made.

Comment

I just can't figure out how he was able to give me so many negative votes...did he create that many new accounts or what?

Comment

Yeah that is weird. Maybe some kind of exploit program designed especially for this?

Comment

Is Amazon descending to youtube stupidity or what?

Comment

Kunikov, sure Susan isn't an old girlfriend?
                        You are right. The responses to your criticisms seem very stilted and too strident , "Professional historians?" "international Smear campaign". Huh? One of the primary ideas of Amazon reviews is to let those of us who know something about the subject, but most likely are not professionals, comment on the work so other nonprofessionals can assess if they want to read it. Now, Susan says this is insufficient. While I defer to your knowledge on the details of the Eastern Front, your simple point about one man being subjected to such a wide variety of experiences, and living to tell about it, is enough of a case for me. It is not credible that such a memoir would come out. Funny too how they question your credentials and when you indicate with specifics that you have a background in that field, they are no longer relevant.
                        "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Comment

Well written Kunikov!
                          Last edited by Erkki; 22 May 08, 19:02.
                          “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Originally posted by F4UCorsair View Post
                            Kunikov, sure Susan isn't an old girlfriend?
                            You are right. The responses to your criticisms seem very stilted and too strident , "Professional historians?" "international Smear campaign". Huh? One of the primary ideas of Amazon reviews is to let those of us who know something about the subject, but most likely are not professionals, comment on the work so other nonprofessionals can assess if they want to read it. Now, Susan says this is insufficient. While I defer to your knowledge on the details of the Eastern Front, your simple point about one man being subjected to such a wide variety of experiences, and living to tell about it, is enough of a case for me. It is not credible that such a memoir would come out. Funny too how they question your credentials and when you indicate with specifics that you have a background in that field, they are no longer relevant.
                            Definitely not an old girlfriend , the girls I'm around usually couldn't care less about this stuff. I thought the review spoke for itself, heh, and yea, I'd say my credentials speak for themselves. I'm also reading the other book the author has put out, a memoir of another SS soldier. The same mistakes can be found in it that I pointed out in Directive 19. Panzerfaust used in 1940 during the invasion of France/Belgium, German artillery is limited to 88s and 102s. I'll be up to the Eastern Front in 20 pages...I'll post that review here as well as amazon and another forum.

Comment

Here's what I have so far, in terms of mistakes, for "Honor Denied":
                              Forward:
                              "The average soldier in the Waffen SS did not care if a person was Jewish or a Communist."
                              Hard to believe especially in light of the indoctrination these men received, and the 5th SS Wiking division that the author belonged to most definitely was indoctrinated at one point or another, see "Valhalla's Warriors" by terry Goldsworthy.
                              "We saw 13 million Ukrainians starved to death under the orders of Josef Stalin and we believed it was a just act to liberate those people and destroy the Communist system that oppressed them."
                              The German invasion of the USSR was not a war based on liberation but rather on genocide. 13 million Ukrainians did not starve to death, the highest estimates at the height of the cold war didn't even reach that preposterous figure. There is also no evidence that Stalin ordered any such thing, but this is of course easily overlooked since the Mr. Harker can claim this is the author's opinion which doesn't need to be based in reality. Then again, this is the first time I've ever heard a so called SS soldier speak of such things when it comes to Ukraine, the Ukrainian people, or Soviet history.

As with the previous author's 'veteran account' this one serves under Rommel, what are the chances? Apparently, Rommel loved having SS men around him.
                              Has anyone ever heard of the "29th Mechanized Wehrmacht infantry" formation?
                              And:
                              "North of Verviers, Herr General leaned over the guiding bar of his hatch and said, "Put my 102's at the 2300 position, put my Panzer IIIs at 1400, my Grenadiers at the 1700 position and line up the 88's at 2000!" pg. 14.
                              Lastly:
                              "Herr General [in this case Rommel] believed it suicide to directly assault this line of defense [Maginot Line] so instead of crossing directly into France and taking this line head on, he chose to invade France through Belgium, swing south through the Ardennes Forest and low country, drive past the Maginot Line and then turn parallel to it and attack it from behind." pg. 11 Rommel chose how to attack France? That's a new one for me.
                              Also, why would Rommel be asking Keitel "if he would be willing to hold firm at Sivry-Rance for six hours" during the invasion of France/Belgium? pg. 36 Since when is Keitel serving in the field?
                              During the campaign against France the author contends, on pg. 45, "I was able to contact the Grenadiers by using the Pertrix and asked if it was probable to put grenades or a panzerfaust round into the bell tower." Panzerfausts were not in circulation until 1943, the earliest, this is 1940. The same mistake was made in "Directive 19".
                              I also find it quite odd that throughout this invasion instead of sending in units, like a Panzer Regiment, Rommel, supposedly, orders his tanks by name, for example "send in my III's" as in Panzer III's, instead of, as previously mentioned, sending in units.
                              I found it odd that this soldier is constantly receiving orders directly from OKH and OKW, I can't imagine that the high command of the armed forces and high command of the army would both be sending orders directly to a divisional commander, specifically Rommel. What happened to his immediate superior(s)/commanding officer(s)?
                              On pg. 124 the author discusses training with his Wiking Regiment in the snow as they are getting ready to invade the Soviet Union. This would make more sense if Hitler and his high command actually anticipated fighting in the winter months, they didn't.
                              The chapter on Barbarossa has the author come into the Soviet Union, on June 21, 1941, by plane, land, come out and be met by so called "Ukrainian partisans" and then the plane that dropped him off leaves. I can't even begin to understand this. The soldiers are never told what their mission is, they aren't told who they're meeting, and the Ukrainians have their orders for them! While German aircraft went on spy missions over the Soviet Union, these missions were not a secret and they were almost always trailed by Soviet aircraft until they left Soviet airspace. On pg. 129 the author claims "The Russian Army suspects the German attack will come." Not so, the Red Army was caught by surprise for a reason, they were not expecting or ready for an attack. Pg. 137, as in the author's other book, the usual Ukrainian greeting is wrong, he states the Germans were greeted with flowers and wine, the usual greeting is bread and salt. Pg. 139, the author uses the same "Communism and Bolshevism" as he did in "Directive 19", there is no reason to use both as they mean the same thing in this context. It seems that both sides blow whistles when they want something done, either retreat or attack. First time I've encountered so much whistle blowing. Pg. 155 claims the author was assigned to an Einsatzgruppen for communication training, this is simply preposterous. And on pg. 158 the author says that they "were told the Einsatz Units followed the main combat troops and remained behind in captured cities to access damages, repair factories and plants, fix the rail lines and govern the local population." That's unbelievably inaccurate, they were there to 'pacify the rear' and eliminate those who were deemed a threat to the Third Reich. And the Wehrmacht, and most definitely the SS, knew exactly what they were doing as they were often coordinating with them and were quite often asked for help in a variety of ways, cordoning off areas, helping with logistics, etc. While "Directive 19" was simply fiction this book is now turning into a 'white washing' of the SS, especially since the book contradicts itself when earlier the author was being told exactly what was happening to Jews by other SS troops. On pg. 163 the author reports about Russian 'half tracks' same mistake as in "Directive 19" the Red Army had no half-tracks so early in the war, and when they did have them they were sent through Lend Lease later in the war. Pg. 181 the Red Army apparently has PaK39 anti-tank artillery, the Red Army also has 108mm 'cannon', I've never seen mention of such a caliber. The author claims, on pg. 182, that the Wehrmacht was given credit for "the capture of an entire Russian Army Group' when they took Kharkov in 1941, that's simply not true. This would be closer to the truth for Kiev, but not Kharkov. Pg. 200 replacements arrive from a "replacement battalion" located at Rostov-on-Don, while the city was in Red Army hands. Operation "Blau", the German advance into the Caucasus and against Stalingrad, was, in reality, planned for late May 142, in this book the author is already talking about it, and it seems in February, it is already beginning. Pg. 211 the author claims that Tiger tanks arrived at Rostov-on-Don in the middle of February 1942. The first use of Tiger tanks on the Eastern Front was in the north outside Leningrad in August of 1942, this of course overlooks the fact that, once more, Rostov was in Soviet hands in February. On pg. 214 a Russian 'Nun' is watching over a German wounded soldier, I can't particularly remember too many Russian Nuns since the Soviet Union was an atheist state and persecuted religious institutions. The author's Russian certainly hasn't improved since "Directive 19." On pg. 275 we have "Vam anee myortvee?" being translated as "Are they dead?" Not very accurate, 'vam' doesn't belong there as it means 'for you.' It only gets worse as on pg. 276 the author hears "Tye saldaten! Pree kha deets!" "tye" is the only Russian word I recognize here, the rest are just letters put together. More on pg. 278, "Da, min vee kyaat!" only 'da' can be identified. On pg. 283 the author claims a regiment, specifically the one he's in, has over 12,000 men, I'm pretty sure he's confused a division with a regiment here. Regiments usually number 3,000 men. On pg. 292 the author claims Novorossiysk was abandoned by the germans in October 1942, not true, Novorossiysk was fought over until late 1943.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X