This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentic or fake ? Please discuss !

There are so many wwII photos out there, and often I wonder wheter they are authentic or staged...

photo 1

photo 2

* source: A gallery of rare and / or interesting WWII photos

What would you say - fake or authentic ?

( When the first two photos are discussed, we could go on with the next photo etc.. )

Regards, Sven

I never saw these photos in Soviet movies.

Comment

The first one looks staged.

I've seen the second one before somewhere. I think it's real
      Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

I'm gonna concur one that first one. The lighting and shadows don't look consistent. Especially on the left side.
        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

About first picture.

As I see German tanks are real (T-III and T-IV, in my opinion)

As I know in many Soviet movies were used Soviet tanks which were new-made in tanks which were like Germans - square turrets, square corners, gun with bulge in the end of barrel, picture of German cross in armor (it was common image of German tanks).

So it it unusual for Soviet movies to use real German tanks (excluding of Tigers, I saw real Tigers in movies very often).

So if to speak about tanks it is not picture from movie.

Also Soviet soldier's uniform and weapon are equal with real.

My opinion - first photo can be real.

Comment

First photo is staged for sure: all soldiers bunched up on both sides? so a grenade or a mortar bomb can take them all out? Me thinks not.

Second one seems real, probably from the summer of 41
            www.tdg.nu

Comment

First pictuer seems to be from some old movie. Too fantastic soldiers arramgement in front of tanks which are rather close.

Second one seems more realistic, but also may be performed by propaganda agency.
              If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Originally posted by amvas
                First pictuer seems to be from some old movie. Too fantastic soldiers arramgement in front of tanks which are rather close.
                Yes, placement of soldiers is bad for actions against tanks. But tanks could to appear unexpectly from other side of hill and corner of road.

If it is from movie so it is unknown now (and in 80th years in USSR) movie.

And tanks are real, in very old Soviet movies Germans even had uniform of WWI.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all your replies gentlemen!

I have posted the same thread over at Battlefront.com, and most people agree with what is written here.

First photo is most probably from a film.

Second photo seems to be an authentic "snapshot".

O.K., next one:

Real or fake ?

"Being covered by the hit tanks of enemy, soldiers advance."

source: victory.ruarchives.ru ( Amazing photo collection ! )

The photo looks "staged" to me....

Regards, Sven

Comment

Re: Authentic or fake ? Please discuss !

Originally posted by Trommelfeuer
                    There are so many wwII photos out there, and often I wonder wheter they are authentic or staged...

What would you say - fake or authentic ?

( When the first two photos are discussed, we could go on with the next photo etc.. )

Regards, Sven
                    It is well known that the Soviets staged many photos. One example showed and "assault" by infantry and cavalry, with the exception that they were running towards their own lines! Given this, it is not always easy to detrmine the legitimacy of any photos.:nonono:
                    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X