Help is needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amvas View Post
    I think it can be responsible for any small engineer unit subordinated to the headquarters

Can't say anything here...

Regards
    Alex
    Amvas,
    Can you help me to shed some light on the history of the 284th Mot. Bn. of Special Destination where my grandad served before transfer to 4th gd. TA?
    I appreciate you help in this.
    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
      That would be an excellent start. IF you have that then make a request to the Berlin City government. Their Friedhof Amt should have a list of all burials in the cemeteries with in the city.

HP
      I got a response from the Berlin City government Although they did not provide a precise location of the grave, this is a definite step forward!
      I feel like I am finally closing in...

Comment

So, a statistic recovers its human face.

Comment

Originally posted by str4s View Post
          Amvas,
          Can you help me to shed some light on the history of the 284th Mot. Bn. of Special Destination where my grandad served before transfer to 4th gd. TA?
          I appreciate you help in this.
          thanks
          I suppose the history of a given battalion can be traced only through arhcival records...
          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Originally posted by amvas View Post
            I suppose the history of a given battalion can be traced only through arhcival records...
            Does this mean that I should go to TSAMO and sift through the records? Or maybe there is a way to send a request?
            thx

Comment

Originally posted by str4s View Post
              Does this mean that I should go to TSAMO and sift through the records? Or maybe there is a way to send a request?
              thx
              There are the next problems
              a) Foreingers are not allowed to visit TsAMO
              b) It's useless to send any request to them. they have no opportunities even to fulfill requests from Russia. Requests from abroad they will ignore with high probability.

c) It's possible to use assistance of a researcher (my friend is one of those). But his assistance is VERY expensive...

Regards
              Alex
              If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X