*Don't forget to vote for Zhukov! (Round III: Zhukov vs. Guderian)*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
    Zhukov can take a seat to Napoleon, I wouldn't have any problems with that.
    Yeah, let's vote for Zhukov. His great military talents in planning and conducting operations inflicted more losses to the Red Army than Germans.

Some of many other less significant achievements of this greatest General of all times include:

On 28 September, 1941, Zhukov sent ciphered telegram No. 4976 to commanders of the Leningrad Front and Baltic Navy, announcing that families of soldiers captured by Germans and returned prisoners would be shot.[32] This order was published for the first time in 1991 in the Russian magazine Начало (Beginning) No. 3.

Also, in 1946, seven rail carriages with furniture which he was taking to Russia from Germany were impounded. In 1948, his apartments and house in Moscow were searched and many valuables and luxurious items looted in Germany were found

In 1954, Zhukov was in command of a nuclear weapon test at Totskoye range, 130 miles from Orenburg. A Soviet Tu-4 bomber dropped a 40 kiloton atomic weapon from 25,000 feet. He watched the blast from an underground nuclear bunker while about 5,000 Soviet military personnel staged a mock battle and about 40,000 troops were stationed about 8 miles away from the epicentre. The number of soldiers killed, injured or made infertile as a result of the explosion is unknown because of the secrecy surrounding the event.

Comment

Shamil, what is the meaning of your nick? Is it your name?
      Last edited by Andrey; 29 Mar 08, 05:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
        Shamil, what is the meaning of your nick? Is it your name?
        It is not my name as I am a Ukrainian. No particular meaning. Just a nickname.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamil View Post
          It is not my name as I am a Ukrainian. No particular meaning. Just a nickname.
          Shamil is a ... Chechen name.

There were 2 famous Shamils -

One of them was Imam Shamil. He was a leader of Chechen separatists in the XIX Century. After many years of a war against Russia he made agreement with Russia that Chechnya wasa part of Russia. He became an official Russian nobleman.

The second Shamil - Shamil Basaev. The most famous Chechen bandit of 90th. In 1995 his group entered a small Russian town of Budennovsk. A few hundreds civilians were killed. He took part in many terrorist acts later. Was killed by Russian special forces a year ago. In Russia he was like a local Ben Laden.

It is a very strange thing - an Ukrainian gets nickname that is not related to the Ukraine at all but equals to the nane of the most famous Chechen bandit.

It is the same as I got nickname of Adolf

Comment

Shamil is a ... Chechen name.

There were 2 famous Shamils -

One of them was Imam Shamil. He was a leader of Chechen separatists in the XIX Century. After many years of a war against Russia he made agreement with Russia that Chechnya wasa part of Russia. He became an official Russian nobleman.
            He was defeated and captured by tsar troops, his agreement was of little significance under those circumstances

The second Shamil - Shamil Basaev. The most famous Chechen bandit of 90th. In 1995 his group entered a small Russian town of Budennovsk. A few hundreds civilians were killed. He took part in many terrorist acts later.
            The bulk of civilians in Budennovsk and other places were killed by Russian special forces during their attempts to attack Chechens

Was killed by Russian special forces a year ago. In Russia he was like a local Ben Laden.
            It is a very strange thing - an Ukrainian gets nickname that is not related to the Ukraine at all but equals to the nane of the most famous Chechen bandit.

It is the same as I got nickname of Adolf
            Oh, Should I assume the nickname Kadyrov, whose clan played the main role in the slave trade of Russian POWs and kidnapped persons during the first war and interwar period? It seems to be OK with Russians to have the Kadyrov clan as the rulers of de-facto independent Chechnya. Why is there so much noise about Shamil Basaev?

By the way, the word Ukraine is written without "the"
            Last edited by Shamil; 29 Mar 08, 12:47.

Comment

ATTN: New head cheerleader joea! There has been increased activity for Guderian in the polls. I suggest you dust off those pom-poms, buddy!

Comment

Yea, after the interlude by the unbeliever I gotta get moving.

Come on guys!!!! Let's get the vote out for the Big Z!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
                  Yea, after the interlude by the unbeliever I gotta get moving.

Come on guys!!!! Let's get the vote out for the Big Z!!!!!

Very impressive!

Type such posts in the original place where Guderian vs Zhukov competition is.
                  Last edited by Andrey; 29 Mar 08, 22:07.

Comment

Oh, Should I assume the nickname Kadyrov, whose clan played the main role in the slave trade of Russian POWs and kidnapped persons during the first war and interwar period? It seems to be OK with Russians to have the Kadyrov clan as the rulers of de-facto independent Chechnya. Why is there so much noise about Shamil Basaev?

By the way, the word Ukraine is written without "the"
                    You haven't answer about in the honor of whose Shamil you chose your name.

In English Ukraine is always written with "the".

Comment

In English Ukraine is always written with "the".
                      In fact you are wrong. For instance, check this article related to Ukraine on BBC site

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7293642.stm

or any other article on other sites.

Ukraine is used without "the" Or you gonna say that British journalists have problems with English grammar?

You haven't answer about in the honor of whose Shamil you chose your name.
                      Your way of defining things can be praised by federal authorities but it harms you and ordinary Slavic inhabitants of the Russian Federation.
                      Last edited by Shamil; 30 Mar 08, 08:50.

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
                        Ah well I'll try.

I'll hire these Ukrainian ladies to help.

http://www.strategypage.com/military...008370418.aspx

Maybe if you port this platoon over to the main poll, Zhukov could win in a landslide.

(How do i sign up to be in this unit? Over in the Napoleon threads I command a ship in the Emperor's Navy and i could use a little extra crew....)!
                        History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                        _________
                        BoRG

Comment

In fact you are wrong. For instance, check this article related to Ukraine on BBC site

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7293642.stm

or any other article on other sites.

Ukraine is used without "the" Or you gonna say that British journalists have problems with English grammar?
                          "The Ukraine" - it is written in my Grammar textbook

Your way of defining things can be praised by federal authorities but it harms you and ordinary Slavic inhabitants of the Russian Federation.
                          You haven't answer the easy question - why have you chosen the name which is so strange for an Ukrainian.

Comment

"The Ukraine" - it is written in my Grammar textbook
                            Then throw it away as it contradicts to the rules of English used by people whose mother tongue is English like in case with BBC journalists or any other modern sources.

You haven't answer the easy question - why have you chosen the name which is so strange for an Ukrainian.

It is a nick for forum and not a name. It sounds good and helps to detect the inhabitants of the RF who take to heart official Moscow's propaganda.

You think that you as a resident of Omsk can decide what is strange for a Ukrainian in Kyiv and what is not?

Comment

Then throw it away as it contradicts to the rules of English used by people whose mother tongue is English like in case with BBC journalists or any other modern sources.
                              There are basic rules of English language. According them the nanes of a few countries are used with article "the".

The Ukraine, the Crimea, the Netherlands and so on

Your journalists can wrote what they want.

It is a nick for forum and not a name. It sounds good and helps to detect the inhabitants of the RF who take to heart official Moscow's propaganda.

You think that you as a resident of Omsk can decide what is strange for a Ukrainian in Kyiv and what is not?
                              On the basis of your answers I have done the conclusion you chose your nick inthe honour of Shamil Basaev, Chechen terrorist #1.

Your anti-Russian position is well known.

I cann't believe you chose your nick as a nice "set of sounds".

Comment

There are basic rules of English language. According them the nanes of a few countries are used with article "the".

The Ukraine, the Crimea, the Netherlands and so on

Your journalists can wrote what they want.

Yeah we should believe that you know English better than people whose mother tongue is English amd who work for the BBC.

On the basis of your answers I have done the conclusion you chose your nick in the honour of Shamil Basaev, Chechen terrorist #1.
                                How can a dead person be a terrorist #1?

Your anti-Russian position is well known.

I cann't believe you chose your nick as a nice "set of sounds".
                                Well-known? I see that your way of determining enemies is moulded by Moscow state medias.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X