No announcement yet.

Tell About Your Relatives in the RKKA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, Vitaly! Yes, sappers were clearing mines long after the war as well. Many died. The war kept killing even after it was over...

Comment

One my grandfathers served in Navy, he secured the entrance to the naval base of Vladivostok in Far East. He marriedwith my grandmother after the war.

The other my grandfather was evacuated from the Ukraine to Omslk together with a military plant.

One of my grandmothers, Bekesheva Agrafena Osipovna, married in May, 1941. Her husband, Krasnoyarov Fedor Yakovlevich, just returned from Red Army in spring 1941 after 2 years service. In the end of June 1941 he was mobilized. In August or September 1941 my granmother got the official letter that her husband Missed In Action. No more messages... After the war she went to the mother of her husband and asked what would she do. They cried and the husband's mother said to her - he had died, you should continue to live. In 1947 she married with my grandfather.

All the three brothers of my grandmother were mobilized in 1941 - Nikolay, Dmitriy, Fedos.

Fedos was killed in actions in 1941-42.

Dmitriy was Missed in action according an official letter. But in 1943-44 he sent a letter from Rovno region that he had just joined to Red Army again and after the combat he would write more (my relatives decided he had been a partisan). He was killed in that combat.

Nikolay fought for the whole war. He was a truck driver. He finished the war in Berlin. After the war he never drove a car, he saw so many horrors in the war that couldn't drive it more.

So my gradmother lost the husband and two from three brothers in the war.

Comment

After the war he never drove a car
        Yes, it is interesting how people get like this, I saw a show on the Adrennes Offensive, and one American veteran said that after the war he moved to Florida so he would never see snow again, and said he has in fact never seen snow since 1944...

Comment

I looked on the database (http://www.obd-memorial.ru/Memorial/Memorial.html):

Krasnoyarov Fedor Yakovlevich - driver, the 141st Rifle Division, 140th Rifle Regiment, 1st Battalion, MIA, excluded from the lists of personnel in March, 1942.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
            I looked on the database (http://www.obd-memorial.ru/Memorial/Memorial.html):

Krasnoyarov Fedor Yakovlevich - driver, the 141st Rifle Division, 140th Rifle Regiment, 1st Battalion, MIA, excluded from the lists of personnel in March, 1942.

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey View Post

So my gradmother lost the husband and two from three brothers in the war.
              My deepest respect and best wishes to you and yours Andrey.

Thanks for sharing here

Tom

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X