Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ampulomet

* The Ampulomet, A Russian weapon to launch molotov grenades *

This weapon launches grenades with a flammable liquid. With a maximum range of 250 meters it can take out light tanks or armoured vehicles.
    ( source: Eichenbaum discussion forum - Allied Weapons )

Ampulomet

1 ampule OZH-2, under the mixture KS; 2- ampulomet (Leningrad, World War II) <--- Babelfish translation.

Butylkomet

Cap for the shooting grenade and the throwing of bottles with the combustible mixture, on the base of the rifle of the model of 1891/30 years (Leningrad, World War II) <--- Babelfish translation.

( source )

Could you please add some information / photos / drawings of this weapon ? It would be highly appreciated !

Regards, Sven

I never heard about these weapons.

As I suppose it was very rare weapon if it was.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Andrey
      I never heard about these weapons.

As I suppose it was very rare weapon if it was.
      Yep, agee with Andrey. I also never heard about such type of weapon
      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

posted by Sergei on January 5 2004 at 10:07 AM on Russian military forum.

Has anybody ever heard of an "Ampulomet"? Literally means "bottle launcher". It is a device that appears outwardly similar to a mortar. It uses a large curved spade for stabilization. It was designed to fire AZh-2 incendiary spheres. I have seen one being used in Stalingrad but I am still unsure of how exactly it functions. Has anyone seen a picture of it or know anything about it?
        Regards, Sven

Comment

Check here for rifle grenade cup discharge:

http://www.battlefield.ru/library/bo...eapons1_r.html

AZh-2 ampulomet was used in the first period of WW2 and seemed to be very dangerous for it crew
          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

I've found another image of an AZh-2 ampulomet:

Regards, Sven

Comment

here is a picture of Ampulomet in collection of the Siege museum in St Petersburg

and Molotov cocktail thrower

with best regards,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X