X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps of Vyborg operation

Amvas,

First of all, thanks for the recent update. :thumb:

I noticed there are a couple of errors with the Vyborg operation maps you posted. "Breaking through the third Finnish defensive line..." actually presents breaking through the second defensive line ('VT-line' as Finns called it).

"Breaking through the second Finnish defensive line in Vyborg operation" presents the final situation north of Vyborg at the third defensive line (VKT-line) mid of July, and the "breakthrough" there is 10kms deep after 2 weeks of fighting. Other than that, it seems to present the old, and by the time obsolete, Mannerheim-line from the Winter War as the third broken line...

It is quite interesting, that the latter map presents the final situation north of Vyborg, but not in direction of Äyräpää-Vuosalmi (in middle of the third line), where Soviets got a small bridgehead over the Vuoksi waterway...

And in any case, Vyborg operation ended with the capture of Viipuri, and the new offensive was called Kotka-Kouvola operation...
    “To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed…” -1984 about the Big Lie

Re: Maps of Vyborg operation

Originally posted by Sheik Yerbouti
    Amvas,

First of all, thanks for the recent update. :thumb:

I noticed there are a couple of errors with the Vyborg operation maps you posted. "Breaking through the third Finnish defensive line..." actually presents breaking through the second defensive line ('VT-line' as Finns called it).

"Breaking through the second Finnish defensive line in Vyborg operation" presents the final situation north of Vyborg at the third defensive line (VKT-line) mid of July, and the "breakthrough" there is 10kms deep after 2 weeks of fighting. Other than that, it seems to present the old, and by the time obsolete, Mannerheim-line from the Winter War as the third broken line...

It is quite interesting, that the latter map presents the final situation north of Vyborg, but not in direction of Äyräpää-Vuosalmi (in middle of the third line), where Soviets got a small bridgehead over the Vuoksi waterway...

And in any case, Vyborg operation ended with the capture of Viipuri, and the new offensive was called Kotka-Kouvola operation...
    Thanks, I'll check if I'm wrong in titles. But maybe it's initial error of my source
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Fixed

Yep, there were a mistake in links. Two last links must be changed.
      Fixed. Other titles are correct
      Thanks again
      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X