Hosted Site: RKKA in WWII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosted Site: RKKA in WWII

Amvas has a web site dedicated to translating information about the Russian Army in World War II. If you know some Russian/English he might be able to use your help. Because his site was hosted in Russia it was very slow for those of us in the west. Amvas has agreed to host a mirror on our server to make it more accessible for those of us not sitting in Moscow!

RKKA in WWII
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Re: Hosted Site: RKKA in WWII

Originally posted by Brian King
    Amvas has a web site dedicated to translating information about the Russian Army in World War II. If you know some Russian/English he might be able to use your help. Because his site was hosted in Russia it was very slow for those of us in the west. Amvas has agreed to host a mirror on our server to make it more accessible for those of us not sitting in Moscow!

RKKA in WWII

Two specifications then.

I need your help even you don't know Russian
    If all is ok with this hoster I'll stop supporting my previous site on rkkaww2.narod.ru

Good luck

Alex
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

I took two years of Russian in college, but 10 years of disuse has killed most of it

I can still sound out most Russian words though, although I don't know what they mean LOL.

Comment

I took two years of Russian in college, but 10 years of disuse has killed most of it

I can still sound out most Russian words though, although I don't know what they mean LOL.
        10 years learning, 15 years disuse, almost the same level, but try to relearn...
        a brain cell

Comment

My English

I studied English for 8 years at school. Then I tried not to forget it for two years of studying it in University.
          I almost didn't use it for writing for 10 years.

Comment

WOW! Great stuff guys! :thumb:

I would love to help. I know zero Russian but I balance that out with my poor English.

Comment

Originally posted by Igotmilkô
              WOW! Great stuff guys! :thumb:

I would love to help. I know zero Russian but I balance that out with my poor English.

Hmm... And what kind of help you can provide?????

Of course, the most valuable is money donation :bowdown:

:thumb:

(kidding, but each joke contains part of the trooth )

Ok, most of all I need help in translating from Russian.
              The second task is correcting my English.

Any other kinds of help are also welcomed

LOL, even if all of my materials would be translated by anybody, I have SO much photos that I'll scan them for half a year or more

Comment

Well we'll see comrade! I ain't comfortable sending money to Russia yet. Seems to be a lot of Virus's coming from our comrades over there.

But I know all Russians are not the same. If I may be so bold, what city do you live in? I have an urge to visit St. Petersburg, it looks like a beautiful city.

PS: I am haiving problems including images here. :quest:

Comment

PS: I am haiving problems including images here. :quest:
                  Fixed. When I created the new forum I needed to customize the image posting field. Now it is possible to post directly to the thread same as all the other forums!

Comment

Fixed. When I created the new forum I needed to customize the image posting field. Now it is possible to post directly to the thread same as all the other forums!

Now that is service! :thumb:

Thanks.

Comment

Re:

[B]Well we'll see comrade! I ain't comfortable sending money to Russia yet. Seems to be a lot of Virus's coming from our comrades over there.

But I know all Russians are not the same. If I may be so bold, what city do you live in? I have an urge to visit St. Petersburg, it looks like a beautiful city.

Hmmm.....And what harm may viruses do to bank transactions???

To electronic transactions (like e-gold) , yes, they can, especially trojans

Recently I got some money from my friend from US (don't tell for what service :P ) They successfully arrived in three days

I'm from Moscow.

Never been in St. Petersburg, but agree that it's wondeful town!

Alex

Comment

Re: Re:

Originally posted by amvas
                        Hmmm.....And what harm may viruses do to bank transactions???

To electronic transactions (like e-gold) , yes, they can, especially trojans

Recently I got some money from my friend from US (don't tell for what service :P ) They successfully arrived in three days

I'm from Moscow.

Never been in St. Petersburg, but agree that it's wondeful town!

Alex
                        Well it is nice to meet you.

I have met a lot of Russians here recently. Some are great some are not so great. Just like everyone else!

Comment

RKKA in WWII

I have some knowledge of Russian from my USAF service, and have a Russian pen-pal with whom we are rendering mutual assistance in our respective language. I will shortly begin translating to the limits of my abilities.
                          Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                          (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

I have not seen a better site then this on the WW2 Soviet army. If any one is aware of any thing more comprehensive please let me know.

http://www.battlefield.ru/

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Erickson
                              I have not seen a better site then this on the WW2 Soviet army. If any one is aware of any thing more comprehensive please let me know.

http://www.battlefield.ru/
                              "Battlefield" is almost the single large site devoted to WW2 history maden in English (except mine one) by Russians.
                              For some others check my link page.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X