Oranienbaum pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I am looking for information about which Soviet division fight against the German 217 InfanterieDivision in December 1941 (behind the Oranienbaum Pocket Frontline at Voronino).

Was it the 48th Division and does it still come under the 8th Armee? What is the Primorsky Operating Group?

One more map:
    http://www.gutenberg-e.org/esk01/map...st1Dec41_a.jpg

Thanks

Andreas

Comment

Welcome aboard, Hoffburg

I suppose it was 2nd Naval Infantry Brigade. Generally at that time Coastal (Primorskaya) Operation Group had front line as follow (from West to East):
      5th Naval Infantry Brigade (5 брмп on soviet maps)
      2nd Naval Infantry Brigade (2 брмп - from Lubanovo (Лубаново) to the mark of 94,1)
      3rd Special Naval Infantry Regiment
      48th Rifle Division (48 сд - from Porozhki (Порожки) to the sea shore)

Somewhere there were also 50th Special Naval Infantry Battalion and 287th Separated Tank Battalion by the end of 1941.

EDIT: 8th Army was already transferred to the mainland - Coastal Operation Group was formed on the 24th of October as 2nd Neva (Nevskaya) Operation Group. The name was changed to 'Coastal' on November 2.
      Last edited by Rambow; 24 Feb 08, 05:47.

Comment

Hello Rambow,

thank you very much for the information.

2nd Naval Infantry Brigade (2 брмп - from Lubanovo (Лубаново) to the mark of 94,1)
        I can't find the "mark of 94,1" on my maps. Can you give me a villagename nearby of this position, please?

Also I am looking for more information about the Naval Infantry Brigades and Rifle Divisions (Commanders and OOB 1941) acting in the Oranienbaum Pocket. Do you know any good websites or English Books about this? You can also name Russian websites, I will translate them for me by Google.

Thanks a lot.

Bye

Andreas

Comment

You are welcome

Originally posted by hoffburg View Post
          I can't find the "mark of 94,1" on my maps. Can you give me a villagename nearby of this position, please?
          Well I also did not manage to find that mark. I suppose it was near Мишелово (Mischelovo?) just to south from Tamengont (Google Map) because there began next troops position.
          Originally posted by hoffburg View Post
          Also I am looking for more information about the Naval Infantry Brigades and Rifle Divisions (Commanders and OOB 1941) acting in the Oranienbaum Pocket. Do you know any good websites or English Books about this? You can also name Russian websites, I will translate them for me by Google.
          Actually I do not know any reliable and detailed source about that, sorry. I used the information of Lomonocov (Oranienbaum) town website and Boevoy Sostav (Soviet OOB). There is some info about formation of Rifle divisions and Naval Infantry Brigades. I am afraid more detailed information can be found at TSAMO archives only.

Comment

Great, Thanks.
            Lomonocov (Oranienbaum) town website
            thats mostly what I am looking for.

Comment

Can anybody translate the text marked in red for me please?

С 16 сентября 1941 года начинается история Ораниенбаумского плацдарма. С начала боев на Ораниенбаумском плацдарме 2-я обрмп вела оборонительные бои и разведку (в т.ч. боем), совершенствовала инженерное оборудование полосы обороны и развивала снайперское движение. С первых же дней обороны города во 2-й бригаде морской пехоты открыли личные счета истребления фашистов краснофлотцы Птахин, Каменчук, комиссар Яманов, замполитрука Костюк. Позже из таких истребителей в батальонах формировались целые группы снайперов. Тяга к истреблению фашистов была столь велика, что приходилось устанавливать очередь для отправки на охоту. Из статьи "Молодость суровой Балтики" Капитана 1-го ранга В. А. Микаца, бывшего помощника начальника Политуправления КБФ по комсомольской работе. 28 сентября 1941 года военкомом бригады назначен бригадный комиссар Г.Т.Земляков; 5 октября командование бригадой принял полковник В.М.Ржанов.

Thanks.

Andreas

Comment

Hi Andreas,

Almost literally:
                "From the first days of defense of the city at 2nd Naval Infantry Brigade accounts of fascists kills were opened by Red Navy men Ptakhin and Kamenchuk, commissar Yamanov, politic officer deputy Kostyuk. Then there whole groups of snipers were formed with such destroyers in battalions. Thirst for extermination of fascists was so huge that it was needed to set a queue for "hunting" missions."

May it helps somehow.

Edit:
                Actually there is "Russian Translation" sticky thread - please feel free to post there if you have similar problems.
                Last edited by Rambow; 28 Feb 08, 06:28.

Comment

Thank you, and next time I will use the sticky thread.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X