Your Favorite Russian Heavy Tank (WWII)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAGNA View Post
    and, would you believe, the out and out fact that the King Tiger was the most mechanically advanced tank of the war and was actually highly reliable, just like all the German Cats !?!

P.S. I didn't have the heart to ask them to clarify who actually won the war. It is good to be able to come back here to actual reality.
    This in a thread in our forum??? If so link me up, I'd like a crack at that statement and I'm "Panzer Fan". Two words "Yeah Right!"
    Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
    Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
    David Bowie

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasM View Post
      Its hard to learn something new if your already have stuck your head in a crate with your own opinions only...

Hmmm Tiger being mechanical reliable?? wow that is news for me... I always heard one of its mayor drawbacks was just that it was mechanical unreliable especially when it comes to suspension and powerline... but hey if your a fanatic german cat lover you are a german cat lover. not much to say then really.

/Thomas
      Well, Tiger I ended up being more reliable than Tiger II or Panther. At times, its serviceability rate came close to that of PzKpfw IV. However, as with all the 'cats', this was achieved at a significantly higher 'maintenance cost'.
      "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by PzKfwBob View Post
        This in a thread in our forum??? If so link me up, I'd like a crack at that statement and I'm "Panzer Fan". Two words "Yeah Right!"
        Somehow, I don't think it's on these forums. I had similar thoughts but if these guys are as biased as I think they might be, the effort would likely be wasted.
        "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
          Somehow, I don't think it's on these forums. I had similar thoughts but if these guys are as biased as I think they might be, the effort would likely be wasted.
          Didn't think so, without the Dogs O War breathing down their necks hoping for fresh liver!!!!

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
          Lazarus Long

David Bowie

Comment

I was just making some goofy maps in CMBB and had a battery of 4 37mm's completely destroy a KV-1. Don't under-estimate the "door knocker"! haha. Granted the map was completely flat, and the 37mm's were firing with an arch (weird?!) so the rounds almost rained on the tank instead of run into it.
            (all units at "regular").

Comment

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
              I was just making some goofy maps in CMBB and had a battery of 4 37mm's completely destroy a KV-1. Don't under-estimate the "door knocker"! haha. Granted the map was completely flat, and the 37mm's were firing with an arch (weird?!) so the rounds almost rained on the tank instead of run into it.
              (all units at "regular").
              what year? later in the war the 37mm got a shaped charge grenade to fire in short ranges wich almost was "lobbed" ontarget as it was loaded infront of the barrel and a blank round as propulsion. Could be that that is simulated. atleast I know the 75mm IG later in the war gets SH wich is pretty effective. (in CMBB)
              http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...ussianppsh.jpg
              www.reenactor.se

Comment

Definitely not in this forum !!

And I wouldn't even bother with them as you just won't get through in this lifetime or any other.

Better to stick around here and continue being realistic , reasonable, and informative as you and many others are so good at.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasM View Post
                  what year? later in the war the 37mm got a shaped charge grenade to fire in short ranges wich almost was "lobbed" ontarget as it was loaded infront of the barrel and a blank round as propulsion. Could be that that is simulated. atleast I know the 75mm IG later in the war gets SH wich is pretty effective. (in CMBB)
                  '43, so maybe you're right...I haven't played with the "blues" too much to know all these little details.

Comment

Definitely not in this forum !!

And I wouldn't even bother with them as you just won't get through in this lifetime or any other.

Better to stick around here and continue being realistic , reasonable, and informative as you and many others are so good at.
                    I was more concerned that kind of lunacy was creeping into ACG. This was in some right wing bonehead forum or XBox gamming forum right?

Lazarus Long

David Bowie

Comment

I don't know about right wing but it was supposedly a history forum. It was one that was tacked onto the end of another forum as many are. I won't be looking again. I look at one or two every few weeks to see what is going on but really apart from here most are repositories (or suppositories in some cases) for soapboxers and fanboys.

Comment

I don't know about right wing but it was supposedly a history forum. It was one that was tacked onto the end of another forum as many are. I won't be looking again. I look at one or two every few weeks to see what is going on but really apart from here most are repositories (or suppositories in some cases) for soapboxers and fanboys.
                        Yeah once upon a time I used to move in and out of places like that, but since ACG not.

Lazarus Long

David Bowie

Comment

"I was more concerned that kind of lunacy was creeping into ACG. This was in some right wing bonehead forum or XBox gamming forum right?"
                          Relax, mate. We could do 'em with one arm tied behind our backs.

Comment

There's plenty of Right wing luncy at ACG; The Barracks, Election 2008, Terrorism...

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                              Relax, mate. We could do 'em with one arm tied behind our backs.
                              Sometimes it feels like emptying the sea with a shovel...a solid, rust proof shovel, but a shovel none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
                                "There's plenty of Right wing luncy at ACG; The Barracks, Election 2008, Terrorism..."
                                Yeah, but I select my threads very carefully in 'The Barracks' and stay away totally from 'Election 2008' and 'Terrorism'.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X