Soviet Casualties Online Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soviet Casualties Online Database

Russian Ministry of Defense announced start of new online project - database of military casualties in the Great Patriotic War. 9 372 000 sheets of documents were scanned concerning 18 900 000 persons,17 190 000 of those names were loaded to online database. WWW address of the database:

http://www.obd-memorial.ru
    Last edited by Rambow; 26 Dec 07, 11:37.

Rambow,

Check the link. When I click on it, I get bounced to ask.com

konev

Comment

Konev,

Thank you
      I fixed it - It works now but server is too busy and not always reply
      Last edited by Rambow; 26 Dec 07, 11:40.

Comment

I guess this can be useful to relatives that don't know what happened to their loved ones?

Comment

Yes, I use this database. Moreover, I had contacts with people involved in this project. It's thought just to help relatives to find their missed members of families. For example I found a relative of my (girl)friend there.
          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Wow, that site is great! A few month ago I stumbled across a translated diary of a Red Army soldier, Nikolai Petrovich Lobov, in the German records at NARA. It looks like he died in the Vitebsk area in the Spring of 1942. I searched his name & got a probable hit. You can click on the name & see the original document. Very cool.
            "If you have too firm a belief in the glories of soldiering, try a war."

Comment

Does any one know if there is a similar online database for Axis soldiers?
              I am trying to halp my friend to find info on his grandfather who died near Dnepropetrovsk in 1943.
              Kind regards
              Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
              * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
              * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Comment

I am trying to halp my friend to find info on his grandfather who died near Dnepropetrovsk in 1943.

In Germany an agency exists that is dedicated to provide information on dead or missing soldiers:

Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt) for the notification of next-of-kin of members of the former German Wehrmacht who were killed in action.

http://dd-wast.javabase.de/frame_e.htm

You can write them asking for the fate of a loved one, then they will answer and provide all details that can be found in the Wehrmacht records.

Comment

Originally posted by Michate View Post
                  In Germany an agency exists that is dedicated to provide information on dead or missing soldiers:

Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt) for the notification of next-of-kin of members of the former German Wehrmacht who were killed in action.

http://dd-wast.javabase.de/frame_e.htm

You can write them asking for the fate of a loved one, then they will answer and provide all details that can be found in the Wehrmacht records.
                  Thanks a lot! Looks really interesting!
                  Kind regards
                  Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
                  * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
                  * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Comment

Originally posted by Egorka View Post
                    For the Finns.

http://kronos.narc.fi/menehtyneet/

Sukunimi = Surname
                    Etunimi = First name

Martti

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X