Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadtplan von Stalingrad

Hi:

I recently came across a Stadtplan von Stalingrad, dated June 1942, which had purple notes and the following note printed at the bottom: 'Eindruck in violet nach Luftbildern des F. Stbs. Ic. und nach Angaben von OKW we wi Aust.'

Has anyone seen a map like this?

Regards,

John
    Stranger! To Sparta say, her faithful band,
    Here lie in death, remembering her command.

www.wwii-photos-maps.com

Stadtplan von Stalingrad

Dear John
    I work in the Russian National Library in St. Petersburg. We have a plan of Stalingrad which you are interested. Do you think that designate areas circled in purple line?
    Sincerelly yours
    Igor Kiselev

Comment

I have stadtplan of Stalingrad 1927 year.. ))
      Btw, on our new project
      www.pobeda-info.ru
      Much aerials of Stalingrad to be published (now only a few of them are published)

Regards
      Alex
      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Years ago, while rummaging through the NARA microfilm of the FHO files, I remember a whole file folder full of city (street) maps of Soviet cities. It was in one of the Army Group files, so such a packet must have been supplied to at least all the HQ at that level. I don't remember any notations on any of them, though. The only Notes I found always appeared on aerial photographs, usually combined with keys to separate sheets of information on enemy units and locations identified from the photos. I found such files as part of Ic (Intelligence Officer) summaries or addendum ('Anlagen') to the Kriegstagebuch (War Diary) of higher level (Army and above) HQ. Unfortunately, all the microfilm was in black and white, so I have no idea what kind of color-coding they might have used for the notes.

Comment

Russian City Maps

I came across a series of 150 Russian city maps collected by RSHA-Amt VI. They may have been distributed to OKW or OKH. On my web site www.wwii-photos-maps.com click on Russian City Maps (RSHA-Amt VI).

John
          Stranger! To Sparta say, her faithful band,
          Here lie in death, remembering her command.

www.wwii-photos-maps.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X