Paratroopers, Paratroopers, Paratroopers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paratroopers, Paratroopers, Paratroopers

I am looking for some more uniform information on Soviet paratroopers. I have seen them with khaki jumpsuits, special jackets, snow suits, blue pilotkas, khaki pilotkas, blue jumpsuits, etc. What I was wondering, is whether at any time they wore the normal Red Army uniforms under the jump suit or camo smocks. Or was their uniform basically the one-piece jumpsuit itself? One color sketch of a paratrooper in the Baltics showed him with the khaki pilotka and jumpsuit, was that their basic uniform during the war? Where can I find a big collection of Soviet WWII paratrooper photos and sketches(I've been on AMVAS's site so I've seen everything on this topic there)?

Originally posted by Cmde.Slavyanski View Post
    I am looking for some more uniform information on Soviet paratroopers. I have seen them with khaki jumpsuits, special jackets, snow suits, blue pilotkas, khaki pilotkas, blue jumpsuits, etc. What I was wondering, is whether at any time they wore the normal Red Army uniforms under the jump suit or camo smocks. Or was their uniform basically the one-piece jumpsuit itself? One color sketch of a paratrooper in the Baltics showed him with the khaki pilotka and jumpsuit, was that their basic uniform during the war? Where can I find a big collection of Soviet WWII paratrooper photos and sketches(I've been on AMVAS's site so I've seen everything on this topic there)?
    I recall Osprey had those ilustrated in one oftheir books. Cant recall which volume. Amvas or one of the others can surely direct you to other sources.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X