Help w/1941 Rif Div Shtat (12 or 6) info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help w/1941 Rif Div Shtat (12 or 6) info

On 22.6.41, Soviet RDs were either 4/100 (12,000-man) or 4/120 (6000-man). There were also a few 14,000-man divisions as well.

Can anyone tell me what the shtat was for each RD?
    Better yet, does anyone have the strength figures for all of the RDs of the RKKA on June 22, 1941? Some divisions we know about, but many we don't.

One source I have found, the "1941" 2-volume collection of documents, (published by the "Fund for Democracy" in Russian and available online at militera.ru) contains a mobilizaion planning document from early 1941 which lists pre-war RDs, their current shtat strength, and the projected date when conscripts would be sent to the division to complete it's TOE.
    The target dates given for some divisions to be completed with manpower are as late as Sept. 41, which suggests the plans given on the chart might not have been adhered to once the Germans invaded.
    During summer-autumn 41 many RDs (like the Mechanised Corps) were sent into action at grealy reduced strength, and I'd like to find out which divisions they were.

I'm primarily interested in the strengths of the RDs which were part of the Western Military District at the start of the war, and RDs later sent to the Western, Reserve, and Central Fronts from June - Oct 1941.

I'd also like to find out about the mobilization process in 1941, how and where conscripts were assembled, transported to military training centers, how long this took, and for how long they were trained, and when they were considered ready for combat. How did this process change after 22.6.41?
    Glantz's books don't provide enough detail, nor do any other books in English I've been able to find.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Sean

Originally posted by Sean Oliver View Post
    On 22.6.41, Soviet RDs were either 4/100 (12,000-man) or 4/120 (6000-man). There were also a few 14,000-man divisions as well.

Can anyone tell me what the shtat was for each RD?
    Better yet, does anyone have the strength figures for all of the RDs of the RKKA on June 22, 1941? Some divisions we know about, but many we don't.

One source I have found, the "1941" 2-volume collection of documents, (published by the "Fund for Democracy" in Russian and available online at militera.ru) contains a mobilizaion planning document from early 1941 which lists pre-war RDs, their current shtat strength, and the projected date when conscripts would be sent to the division to complete it's TOE.
    The target dates given for some divisions to be completed with manpower are as late as Sept. 41, which suggests the plans given on the chart might not have been adhered to once the Germans invaded.
    During summer-autumn 41 many RDs (like the Mechanised Corps) were sent into action at grealy reduced strength, and I'd like to find out which divisions they were.

I'm primarily interested in the strengths of the RDs which were part of the Western Military District at the start of the war, and RDs later sent to the Western, Reserve, and Central Fronts from June - Oct 1941.

I'd also like to find out about the mobilization process in 1941, how and where conscripts were assembled, transported to military training centers, how long this took, and for how long they were trained, and when they were considered ready for combat. How did this process change after 22.6.41?
    Glantz's books don't provide enough detail, nor do any other books in English I've been able to find.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Sean
    Gehlen lists the formation dates and regiments plus their appearance on the front, usually between 30 to 90 days.

Comment

Oh, Sean!
      you asks for such a questions which I'm interested in for many years!
      But the main problem is information about strength of every division is very dispersed. I tried to collect information about strength of at least tank divisions (see my pages for mechanised corps). But it is SO contradictory!!!
      I think the only way to collect enough reliable information is to order direct archival research. But it's VERY VERY expensive!!! It can cost thousands of USD!!!
      If you can afford this research, I can help you in this. but again, not to fill yuo with illusions I have to say this undertaking is very time consuming and expensive.

Regards,
      Alex
      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
        Gehlen lists the formation dates and regiments plus their appearance on the front, usually between 30 to 90 days.
        You know my scepsis towards numerical data of western authors?
        If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X