Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map - Where did it come from?

Hi:

The attachments are notations on a great map (1:100,000) of the area east of Stalingrad. I would love to get additional maps of the surrounding area. I am hoping someone can tell me where the map came from.

Regards,

John
    Last edited by John Calvin; 06 Aug 08, 07:29.
    Stranger! To Sparta say, her faithful band,
    Here lie in death, remembering her command.

www.wwii-photos-maps.com

Originally posted by John Calvin View Post
    Hi:

The attachments are notations on a great map (1:100,000) of the area east of Stalingrad. I would love to get additional maps of the surrounding area. I am hoping someone can tell me where the map came from.

Regards,

John
    Try to downlaod maps from this site:
    http://volgograd.org.ru/maps/maps/volgograd/

Regards
    Alex

P.S. Anything new from NARA?
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Maps

AMVAS:

You get an A for this. That is exactly where the maps come from.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

John.

www.wwii-photos-maps.com

Comment

Nara

Alex:

Sorry, I did not see your PS the first time I read your post. I located the rolls I needed on the 24.Panzer-Division and the XI Armeekorps, but ran into a wall trying to get the information for the dates I needed on the 6.Armee and the LI Armeekorps. After searching all the group guides without success, it occurred to me to take the roll numbers I acquired from citations in several books I had, and search for the rolls without using the guides. Voila, the rolls are there and the guides are incomplete.

By the time I found the rolls and then did some research in the section containing German aerial photos, I was out of time for the day. One more day is $90.00 for a room plus food, so I had to head home--one of the benefits of being retired.

I go back in two months for microfilm of aerial photographs (they were not ready yet) and I could look then. I know that is too late, but it is the best I can do.

Regards,

John

www.wwii-photos-maps.com

Comment

Hi, John!

Originally posted by John Calvin View Post
          Alex:

Sorry, I did not see your PS the first time I read your post. I located the rolls I needed on the 24.Panzer-Division and the XI Armeekorps, but ran into a wall trying to get the information for the dates I needed on the 6.Armee and the LI Armeekorps. After searching all the group guides without success, it occurred to me to take the roll numbers I acquired from citations in several books I had, and search for the rolls without using the guides. Voila, the rolls are there and the guides are incomplete.
          I see....

By the time I found the rolls and then did some research in the section containing German aerial photos, I was out of time for the day. One more day is $90.00 for a room plus food, so I had to head home--one of the benefits of being retired.

I go back in two months for microfilm of aerial photographs (they were not ready yet) and I could look then. I know that is too late, but it is the best I can do.
          Well.... Maybe I'll ask another my friend. He visits NARA more often - once per month... I already asked him for aerials of that area.
          I'll tell you later...

Regards
          Alex
          If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X