Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korsun-Shevchenkovsky

Hi all,
    Where is it possible to find an OrBat or TOE of the 2 Russian Armies fighting in the reduction of the Korsun pocket ?
    I've found quite a lot on the German side (as usual !) but very few and scarce on the Russian one (as usual n2 !).
    So, I need your help to make an evaluation of the opposing forces.
    Thanks in advance.

One of the best accounts in English is "From the Dnepr to the Vistula: Soviet Offensive Operations - November 1943 - August 1944., 1985 Art of War Symposium", which gives you an operational overview by David Glantz with order of battle and maps David Glantz offers a reprint of the proceedings, transcript as well as a map series of the operation daily by German and Soviet forces. He ships overseas. You may contact him at [email protected].

rna
    Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
      Hi all,
      Where is it possible to find an OrBat or TOE of the 2 Russian Armies fighting in the reduction of the Korsun pocket ?
      I've found quite a lot on the German side (as usual !) but very few and scarce on the Russian one (as usual n2 !).
      So, I need your help to make an evaluation of the opposing forces.
      Thanks in advance.
      Check http://www.tashv.nm.ru/BoevojSostavS.../19440101.html page for Soviet OOB on Jan'1 1944

Regards
      Alex
      If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Alex, thanks a lot, that's exactly what I need... but I don't read Russian and the knowledge my wife has of your language is not good enough
        But thanks again. You are very helpfull.

@ RNArmstrong : thanks, I will give it a try

Comment

Alex, thanks a lot, that's exactly what I need... but I don't read Russian and the knowledge my wife has of your language is not good enough
          But thanks again. You are very helpfull.
          All the time I tell you that for those cases I've made a special file to help everybody to decode Russian abbreviations into English
          It was specially designed for this purpose!
          http://www.rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.c...s/OOB_abbr.doc

Good luck

Alex

Comment

Alex, I didn't know about it !
            Hundred billions of thanks to you !
            That's the perfect tool for non russian speaking Eastern Front nuts like me.
            You open to me an access to fabulous things.

Comment

Alex, I didn't know about it !
              Hundred billions of thanks to you !
              That's the perfect tool for non russian speaking Eastern Front nuts like me.
              You open to me an access to fabulous things.
              Sometimes my site can contain more surprises than you expected

check also my another file
              http://www.rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.c...n_military.doc It can help for non-OOB abbreviations

Welcome

Alex

Comment

Another question about the same subject :
                Now that I have the OrBat on Feb. 1st, thanks to Alex , I need to know the real strength of these troops.
                In "Red Army Tank Commanders, the Armoured guards" of R.N. Armstrong, I found some numbers but not so much.
                Where could I find more ?

I'm not sure that the Russian Corps were so huge and so well equipped at this precise moment, after 6 months of offensive !

@ RNArmstrong : I just realize ! Are you the author ?

Comment

@ RNArmstrong : I just realize ! Are you the author ?
                  Yes.
                  Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
                    Yes.
                    Glad to know you, Colonel, even if it's through a website.
                    Do you have some more datas on the available tanks in 1st and 2nd Ukrainian Fronts ?
                    TIA

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X