New Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stalin View Post
    it is enough that all he ever said is considered in Russia as utter load of bollocks.
    So why diodn't you say so in the first post rather than ask who said it and when?

It seems like you only resaearch things when challenged rahter than correct misconceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Jordan View Post
      No, it's not. World leaders have to carefully consider their words and how those words will be taken with the "target audience" - in this case, the west (Bac). Inflammatory rhetoric, especially during the height of the Cold War, was a very dangerous game to indulge in. U.S., U.S.S.R., and other leaders have gotten into trouble shooting their mouths off recklessly, and if world leaders are misunderstood, they have an obligation to set the record straight, clearly and unambiguously, to make sure that nobody gets hurt. During that era, that especially applied to Eisenhower, Nixon, Kennedy, Johnson and Kruschev. (That applies today, of course, and I'm glad the rhetorical escalation of this spring between the US and Russia over nuclear defense systems cooled down quickly; it appears that both countries have learned from past rhetorical mistakes.)
      The Western mass media distorted the meaning of Khrushchev's speech but you speak it was him who is guilty in this!!! I don't think no one Western expert understood what Khruschev meant. It was a deliberate anti-Soviet provocation.

Comment

Originally posted by grognard View Post
        So why diodn't you say so in the first post rather than ask who said it and when?...
        because er... i really didn't know who said it, not to mention when...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
          The Western mass media distorted the meaning of Khrushchev's speech but you speak it was him who is guilty in this!!! I don't think no one Western expert understood what Khruschev meant. It was a deliberate anti-Soviet provocation.
          Krushchev says "We will bury you," and the west takes offense at that - that's an "anti-Soviet provocation"?? Strange logic.
          "There are only two professions in the world in which the amateur excels the professional. One, military strategy, and, two, prostitution."
          -- Maj. Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower

(Avatar: Commodore Edwin Ward Moore, Republic of Texas Navy)

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Jordan View Post
            Krushchev says "We will bury you," and the west takes offense at that - that's an "anti-Soviet provocation"?? Strange logic.
            It is necessary to see the meaning of the speech and not only take a few words without connection to context.
            Last edited by Andrey; 13 Aug 07, 10:18.

Comment

Did anyone here read "The Conquerors: Roosevelt and Truman and the destruction of Hitler’s Germany" of Michael Beschloss? That book was translate into Vietnamese and publish in Vietnam, and I want to ask your opinion about it. Do it worth to read?

Comment

Originally posted by stalin View Post
                because er... i really didn't know who said it, not to mention when...
                Funny how you go from knowing nothing to explaining that what was seen and heard is totally incorrect.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X