Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Tank Sights

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for pictures on how the Russian tank sights of the following tanks looked:

- Bt-7
    - Bt-5
    - T-26

I can hardly find anything about these. I'm hoping someone can help.

Originally posted by DeV View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for pictures on how the Russian tank sights of the following tanks looked:

- Bt-7
    - Bt-5
    - T-26

I can hardly find anything about these. I'm hoping someone can help.
    Look first of all data tables for signs
    http://www.rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.c...sign_tanks.htm

T-26 used PT-1 periscopic sign, TOP-1 telescopic sign
    On late versions of T-26 TOS telescopic sign was used.

BT-5 used PT-1 periscopic sign and TSMF telescopic sign
    BT-7 used PT-1 periscopic sign and TOP telescopic sign.
    from late 1938 BT-7 got TOP-1 (TOS) stabilised sign. Later usage of TOS sign was stopped because

of difficulties with teaching of crews to fire during movement.

PT-1
    Front view, back view
    Installation in tank

another image of PT-1 sign (from T-26 Mod. 1938 manual)

Stabilised sign TOS (TOP-1)
    a) With collimator
    b) with indicator light

TOP Telescopic sign
    a) Side view
    b) Upper view
    c) installation of sign in tank

regards,
    Alex
    Last edited by amvas; 23 May 07, 12:12.
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the information, very usefull. However, what I meant was how the actual reticle looked like. For example:

I will look up the scopes you posted though, hopefully I will find something.

Comment

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the information, very usefull. However, what I meant was how the actual reticle looked like. For example:

I will look up the scopes you posted though, hopefully I will find something.
        Manual for T-26 gives the next:

PT-1

From left to right:
        Pointer of the annular scale
        Annular scale of armor-piercing shell
        scale of lateral correction

PTK commender panoramic sight:

Regards,
        Alex
        Last edited by amvas; 24 May 07, 01:18.

Comment

Very nice and clear pictures, massive thankyou for those.
          One thing that I still don't get though. Is the top one for the T-26 and bottom one (PTK) for the Bt5/7? Or is the top (PT-1) used in all 3 tanks? If not, what is the bottom one of? And what are the BT sights like?

Comment

Also I would like to know how that sight actually works. I'm not really a professional of this whole kind of thing. Where do you set the distance? And does that pointer move? And what do both things actually mean? I know you typed that, but could you explain what angular scale and lateral correction actually mean? It would be very much appreciated.

-DeV

Comment

Very nice and clear pictures, massive thank you for those.
              One thing that I still don't get though. Is the top one for the T-26 and bottom one (PTK) for the Bt5/7? Or is the top (PT-1) used in all 3 tanks? If not, what is the bottom one of? And what are the BT sights like?
              Both PTK and PT were from manual of T-26 with conical turret.

BT-5 and BT-7 also used PT-1 sign
              Seems I have no data for their telescopic signs

Regards,
              Alex

Comment

Thanks for the answer, how about the question how the PT1 sights work? (my previous post) There's all sorts of meters on there but what are their exact functions?

Comment

Thanks for the answer, how about the question how the PT1 sights work? (my previous post) There's all sorts of meters on there but what are their exact functions?
                  You think I ever had deal with signts of T-26?
                  I'll try to have a look at home, but not sure I have some instructions for this

Comment

Haha, you never know By the way, is there a way I could get that entire T-26 manual digitally?

Comment

Haha, you never know
                      Yes, in our military training camps we had a bit another vehicles...

By the way, is there a way I could get that entire T-26 manual digitally?
                      Unfortunately they are incomplete...
                      If they were complete maybe there were much more about sight and how to use it...

That manual is in two pieces 33Mb and 43Mb.

I have both of them at home like some other manuals (complete and incomplete) for some other tanks...

Regards,
                      Alex

Comment

If you could get both parts to me in some sort of way that would be greatly appreciated You can either email them or upload them somewhere.

Comment

If you could get both parts to me in some sort of way that would be greatly appreciated You can either email them or upload them somewhere.
                          I've sent thos links some time ago...Maybe they are alive...
                          If I find them I'll PM ty

Comment

Alex, in the documents you sent me I also found this sight, what is this from?

Comment

Alex, in the documents you sent me I also found this sight, what is this from?
                              It's scale for the TOP-1 sight for 45mm gun Mod. 1934

Regards,
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X