X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Egorka View Post
    30.000.000? Who gives more? Any one?
    30,000,001 - the one extra being the tragedy on top of the statistic of course.
    Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
    (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

I am sure there were plenty talented people in Poland despite lack of soft tissue.
      I thought much of the Polish intelligentsia disappeared into the dark recesses of the Katyn Forest in the 40s. The soft tissue is gone now- all that's left is the bones.

But I have to say that the Poles seem to have made a remarkable recovery in talented people in recent years, judging by the ones I meet here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
        What's the deal with goose and chicken?
        They are both birds. Of particular misfortune to both under a Communist regime is the unfortunate fact that neither can fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Staff View Post
          I thought much of the Polish intelligentsia disappeared into the dark recesses of the Katyn Forest in the 40s. The soft tissue is gone now- all that's left is the bones.

But I have to say that the Poles seem to have made a remarkable recovery in talented people in recent years, judging by the ones I meet here.
          You think? Despite tragic absence of toilet paper and regrettable inability to kill a pig? You are an optimist I see!
          Kind regards
          Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
          * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
          * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Comment

You are an optimist I see!
            Yes, and for the Russians too. Those I've met here have been clever, funny and unfailingly polite, though they were probably bandits (certainly running dogs of capitalism) since they worked for Yukos.

One day I predict you'll be using Euros as a replacement for Roubles.

Comment

Yes, and for the Russians too. Those I've met here have been clever, funny and unfailingly polite, though they were probably bandits (certainly running dogs of capitalism) since they worked for Yukos.

One day I predict you'll be using Euros as a replacement for Roubles.
              EU will make sure it will never happen. And it will have our support in this matter!
              Kind regards
              Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.

Comment

EU will make sure it will never happen. And it will have our support in this matter!
                Never say never...

Comment

... Those (Russians) I've met here have been clever, funny and unfailingly polite, though they were probably bandits...since they worked for Yukos...
                  since they worked for yukos - they are not bandits, they are jewish.

Comment

... One day I predict you'll be using Euros as a replacement for Roubles.
                    god save us from that !
                    we've had rouble for many hundreds years now,
                    so - why should we replace it with smth that might go at any moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by stalin View Post
                      since they worked for yukos - they are not bandits, they are jewish.
                      Then in that case I'm proud to be Jewish too. Is anti-Semitism some sort of built-in Russian disease? And if so and you're incapable of relinquishing or abandoning it- or even if not- can we at least leave it outside the door of these forums please?

Comment

• Originally posted by amvas View Post
                        If you want to perform serious discussion, plz supply your figures by clear references. Right now I can say all your figures are incorrect...
                        I'll corect it.
                        Exterminations in Soviet Russia 1917-1953, without war loses:
                        + civil war and hunger on Wolgha region 1918-1922 - (3.000.000 - 5.000.000);
                        + collectivisation 1929 - (10.000.000 - 14.000.000);
                        + hlodomor - great hunger on Ukraine 1932-33 - ( 6.000.000 - 7.000.000);
                        + great terror 1934-39 - (1.000.000);
                        + mass egsecutions 1937-39 - (1.000.000)
                        and
                        + deported to labour camps (to 1937) - 10.000.000
                        + deported from east Poland, baltic states and Romania (1939 -1940) - 2.000.000

source - R.Medwiediev, R Conquest. Norman Davies, Europa.
                        - Your Highness, the enemy is so numerous... they outnumber your army.
                        - My friend, first I beat 'em then I'll count 'em
                        (Polish King Jan III Sobieski during his campaigns)

Historia Wojskowa Portal Historyczno-Wojskowy phw.org.pl

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          I'll corect it.
                          and

[email protected], how many people were deported from West Ukrain and West Belorussia (White Russia) /you called those territories for east Poland/ in 1939-1941 according to your source?
                          Kind regards
                          Igor

Comment

Then in that case I'm proud to be Jewish too. Is anti-Semitism some sort of built-in Russian disease? And if so and you're incapable of relinquishing or abandoning it- or even if not- can we at least leave it outside the door of these forums please?
                            No it is not as much Russian as European disease. Are you from Europe, btw?
                            Kind regards
                            Igor

Comment

why ''anti-semitism'' accusations - right away ?
                              after all, nowadays - all of us are a bit of jewish roots.
                              especially here in moscow or st.petersbourg.

those ''pesky'' jews found their way into almost everywhere.
                              they have their fingers in every pie, see.

so - we, russians, only want them to be less arrogant and display some modesty.
                              also, we want jewish respect locals.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                                I'll corect it.
                                and

Well, I have much doubts in those figures...
                                first of all they are given without reference to Russian sources. Any foreign sourrces are inexact in this case, because foreign authors have very limited access to Russian archives and especialyl to NKVD archive, figures from which are the only ones believable...Simply because nobody else were allowed to collect such sort of statistics...

Also, plz, take into acocunt that the number of died after deportation was not equal to the number of deported persons.

Figures given for collectivisation are too fantastic. Not obvious the reasons by what means such a number of deaths was provided? Or, peasants learnt about upgoing collectivisation immediately did suicide?
                                collectivisation itself was not too death-making. One can say some percent of deported "kulaks" and members of their families died... Again, the number of deported never was equal to the number of died...

To resume, those figures are not believalbe...

Regards,
                                Alex
                                If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X