Industry evacuation in 1941

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industry evacuation in 1941

Does anyone know of a source in English for dates and effectiveness (ie % totals) of the industry evacuations from hte Western USSR in 1941?

I'm looking for info such as when the evacuations started from each city, how much of the heavy/light industry was successfully gotten away, where it went to and when it started workign again.

Unfortunately I dont read Russian - although I might possibly be able to get a translation - si ideally it would be online and in English. But anything would be a start.

I've found snippets on teh web - on the Russian battlefield page for the T-60 for exzample there is info on a factory from Kharkov, on Wikipedia there are little snippets too.

I understand there is a book on the Geography of Russian industry dated 1937 for which there are English translations around fairly cheap, so that will provide me with a base-line level.

thanks

Mike

Here is information in Russian: БИОГРАФИЯ.РУ - биографии знаменитостей, цитаты, книги и многое другое

Comment

is that a book? If so does it have an ISBN number?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fareasterner View Post
        Here is information in Russian: БИОГРАФИЯ.РУ - биографии знаменитостей, цитаты, книги и многое другое
        I think you give incorrect information. Plz, correct it, or I'll delete this post...
        If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Mike,
          I don't think I can be much useful here, as it's not my field.
          I have one, or two books about economic and Military industry of the USSR. But they are in Russian of course...
          And I myself have absolutely no time to analyse and translate their info...

Regards,
          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by amvas View Post
            I think you give incorrect information. Plz, correct it, or I'll delete this post...
            It is a link to quite good article, but I cannot paste it as link, do not know why. Found it with yandex.ru. Deleting is impossible too, no such button.

Comment

Originally posted by Fareasterner View Post
              It is a link to quite good article, but I cannot paste it as link, do not know why. Found it with yandex.ru. Deleting is impossible too, no such button.
              Attach link to your message in TXT file

Comment

Something you may find interesting

I have read in a number of books that when the factories indicated were moved, they did so in stages. That is, when the beginning of the assembly line completed their raw product, it would leave, followed be the completion of the second set of completed line units etc. This meant that by the time that the entire factory moved, the first part of the line was already in production resulting in a minimum of production loss. Very smart and creative system. If I recall correctly, Zalogas' book on "Soviet Tanks of WWII" contains a map displaying the location of many factories that re-located.

Comment

Thanks - I'll see if I can find it.

Fareasterner - can you send me the URL?

Ta

mike

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Tuebor
                    Whitmer Again
                    by Tuebor
                    Sigh...

Not really a surprise. She and her family reportedly vacationed on Mackinac Island over Easter, and vehicles have been...
                    Today, 16:26
                  • wolfhnd
                    Do you expect a second wave of Covid 19
                    by wolfhnd
                    This is the third installment of my guessing game. It is for the U.S. specifically irrespective of regional differences in 2020.

Apparently...
                    We will see a modest spike in July or August
                    0%
                    We will see a modest spike in October through December
                    100.00%
                    There will be a significant spike in October through December
                    0%
                    There will be a large second wave, time frame unspecified.
                    0%
                    Today, 15:47
                  • Massena
                    Trump Threatens...
                    by Massena
                    ...to pull the Republican National Convention from Charlotte, NC...

Please do.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/25/poli...
                    Today, 12:30
                  Working...
                  X