OT: Western participants in color revolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Western participants in color revolutions

Today Russian TV Channel "Russia" showed French documentary movie "revolution.com". In this movie a few French reporters spoke how Americans supported and helped to revolutions in Serbia, Ukraine, Georgia and Kirgizstan. They interviewed a few Americans and a few "leaders" of the revolutions who spoke without hiding that the revolutions were done with American financial help and after the training organized on American money. American instructors taught the Serbian "revolutioners", than those Serbs taught the Georgians and Ukrainians on American money.

Those interviewed people spoke everything openly!

Did you hear about this documentarty?

In any case in Russia this scenario will failed. We are not Ukraine.

It might be true but you know the French are pretty anti-American so it could be crap to make us look bad.
    Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
      Today Russian TV Channel "Russia" showed French documentary movie "revolution.com". In this movie a few French reporters spoke how Americans supported and helped to revolutions in Serbia, Ukraine, Georgia and Kirgizstan. They interviewed a few Americans and a few "leaders" of the revolutions who spoke without hiding that the revolutions were done with American financial help and after the training organized on American money. American instructors taught the Serbian "revolutioners", than those Serbs taught the Georgians and Ukrainians on American money.

Those interviewed people spoke everything openly!

Did you hear about this documentarty?

In any case in Russia this scenario will failed. We are not Ukraine.
      I haven't seen it. Perhaps there is some truth in Western support for revolutions where democracy is the goal. Hmm or is the goal drawing states into Nato, or to gain access to energy resources, strategic territory / airspace?
      There is too much covert interference in the affairs of other countries. The RF is not blameless in that regard.
      Obviously this program met with Government approval or it would not have been shown. I wonder if there will be any program to balance it. Independent documentary - and drama for that matter - producers here have a free hand to make their programs. That they are aired does not mean they represent an accurate or fair view of events. Those with weak or suspect evidence normally get crtiticism if not complete rebuttals. Maybe that will happen in Russia, but I doubt it!
      BTW even though he has apparently retracted his references to violent overthrow of the Government, I personally resent the likes of BEREZOVSKY being a political refugee in the UK and sounding off. He should be told to wind his neck in or lose his status and face deportation!

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho View Post
        It might be true but you know the French are pretty anti-American so it could be crap to make us look bad.
        That's true Psycho but not, I think, in this case. I don't believe the theories on 9/11 or the Kursk sinking that came also from French sources but have heard stuff from other including surprising personal sources that these "colour" revolutions were in fact financed from outside.

Comment

If it is in the open then what have you got to compain about?

I'd much rather have open foreign "intervention" like this than covert operations by my own governement!!

Secrecy is the enemy of democracy, and while democracy isn't perfect it's a damned sight better than anything else yet seen!

Comment

Folks, don't you think it's too much OFF-topic subjects running currently in this forum???
            I'm not against slight off-top, but when it becomes more active than the main stream it makes me nervous...

I'm not going to convert my forum in political one, even if some our participants have absolutely different views on modern history and worldwide events....

Plz, take my point of view into consideration...

Regards,
            Alex
            If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

Fair point! My new resolution is to stick to pre 1946 issues henceforth.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                Fair point! My new resolution is to stick to pre 1946 issues henceforth.
                Ditto, we can discuss this stuff on AG so maybe an invitation to visit some of the other forums dealing with current issues. This forum should be what its called RRKA in World War II.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeCampbell View Post
                  ... while democracy isn't perfect it's a damned sight better than anything else yet seen!
                  really?
                  i.m.o. - the monarchy is what's best.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeCampbell View Post
                    Secrecy is the enemy of democracy, and while democracy isn't perfect it's a damned sight better than anything else yet seen!
                    Churchill summed it up best:

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."

Comment

Originally posted by The Cooler King View Post
                      Churchill...
                      who on earth was churchill to know what's what?
                      ages before churchill - people lived without democracy whatsoever!

Comment

Originally posted by stalin View Post
                        who on earth was churchill to know what's what?
                        ages before churchill - people lived without democracy whatsoever!
                        And they had nowhere near the amount of personal freedoms we have today that many of us take for granted.

Comment

... personal freedoms we have today...
                          you seem to know nothing as to real freedom,
                          since you are happy with those freedoms (''freedoms'', indeed) you have.

Comment

Originally posted by stalin View Post
                            you seem to know nothing as to real freedom,
                            since you are happy with those freedoms (''freedoms'', indeed) you have.
                            Could you be kind as to enlighten me on "real freedom," Stalin? Oh the irony. A guy with a handle of "Stalin" schooling me on freedom.

Comment

Could you be kind as to enlighten me on "real freedom," Stalin? Oh the irony. A guy with a handle of "Stalin" schooling me on freedom.
                              isn't it clear yet: joseph stalin was all about freedom - his own inner freedom.
                              that's how he managed to make others succumb...

forget j.stalin,
                              freedom is a vast experience of all the sorts of extremes that range from mellowest pleasure to cruellest suffering.
                              are you brave enough for such a challenge?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X