coastal artillery mounts vs tube numbers question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coastal artillery mounts vs tube numbers question

On Alex's page for Coastal artillery there are a number of multiple mounts listed - eg triple 305mm, paired 305mm, 203mm, 180mm, etc.

In the count each of these is listed as a singel item.

Am I correct in assuming that the number of actual guns emplaced in each is 2 or 3 times that number?

It seems obvious to me that it is, but I've found it it's best to ask

Originally posted by MikeCampbell View Post
    On Alex's page for Coastal artillery there are a number of multiple mounts listed - eg triple 305mm, paired 305mm, 203mm, 180mm, etc.

In the count each of these is listed as a singel item.

Am I correct in assuming that the number of actual guns emplaced in each is 2 or 3 times that number?

It seems obvious to me that it is, but I've found it it's best to ask
    I would expect the data of
    Boyevoi i Chislennyi Sostav Vooruzhennykh sil SSSR v period Velikoy Otechestvennoy Vojny. Statisticheskiy Sbornik No. 1, Moscow, 1994
    to be more exact than the data of
    A.Ivanov "Artillerija SSSR v period vtoroy mirovoy vojny" SPb, "Neva", 2003

in BChS I suppose the number of mounts are calculated, but not the number of barrels...
    If you fire a rifle at the past, the future will fire a cannon at you.....

Comment

I amagine you are correct about the accuracy, but since I don't have access to either source it doesnt really help

Comment

Originally posted by MikeCampbell View Post
        I amagine you are correct about the accuracy, but since I don't have access to either source it doesnt really help
        BTchS contains much more specifications (distribution artillery mountings by theatres), but contains no technical features of those...

Comment

Originally posted by amvas View Post
          BTchS contains much more specifications (distribution artillery mountings by theatres), but contains no technical features of those...
          Alex. A number of these "guns" are anti-aircraft guns not artillery, such as the 45mm pieces. Is it normal in Russia to lump all guns into the artillery category?
          Last edited by Barbarossa; 25 Apr 07, 00:40. Reason: sic

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
            Alex. A number of these "guns" are anti-aircraft guns not artillery, such as the 45mm pieces. Is it normal in Russia to lump all guns into the artillery category?
            All guns (including antiaircraft and antitank) always were gathered in Artillery cathegory...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X